SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

sanahtlig

3 hours ago, novurdim said:

Huh, looks like it will hit the goal after all, color me slightly shocked. I may have underestimated the long arms of the gameplay eroge.

I think a large part of the success is due to the fact that 2 people pledged at the $10k USD tier. Kinda crazy, but it helped secure the goal, and it means two extra episodes for the rest of us. Those guys are goddamn heroes in my eyes.😉

22 hours ago, Hetzer123 said:

Does it matter if it hit the goal for retranslation of trial? It looks like they can't offer optional all-age and 18+ physical hardcopy.

I mean, that's a bunch of content at the beginning of the game with a pretty crappy enough translation that they had to replace the person doing it with someone good. I'm looking forward to this game, and I'm going to be annoyed if the intro, UI, etc., are all badly translated.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I mean, that's a bunch of content at the beginning of the game with a pretty crappy enough translation that they had to replace the person doing it with someone good. I'm looking forward to this game, and I'm going to be annoyed if the intro, UI, etc., are all badly translated.

To Fateburn's credit, it wasn't terrible (or at least, it didn't seem that bad to me). The main issue was that they were trying to have him edit his own work. I think Fateburn + Ryechu as editor still would've made a decent product, though having somebody like Arunaru onboard is far preferable.

Still, if we reach the first stretch goal and Arunaru does the UI as well, I wonder what that leaves for Fateburn to work on.

20 hours ago, Incynerate said:

To Fateburn's credit, it wasn't terrible (or at least, it didn't seem that bad to me). The main issue was that they were trying to have him edit his own work. I think Fateburn + Ryechu as editor still would've made a decent product, though having somebody like Arunaru onboard is far preferable.

Still, if we reach the first stretch goal and Arunaru does the UI as well, I wonder what that leaves for Fateburn to work on.

For clarification: Most of the in-game scenes that are not UI or tutorials were edited by Ryechu, as far as I know. The complaints against the script alone aren't quite with the way it reads as much as they are with the translations itself. The UI, however, wasn't edited and character limits make it unintuitive.

Fateburn's work is not meant to be part of the final product should the stretch goal be met.

42 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

The complaints against the script alone aren't quite with the way it reads as much as they are with the translations itself.

At the risk of committing myself to reviewing the demo TL, I would say TL accuracy is not necessarily the main concern, based on what I've seen of Fateburn's writing.  As an editor, would I want access to the original JP?  Absolutely, and I typically did ask for this when consulted.

2 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

At the risk of committing myself to reviewing the demo TL, I would say TL accuracy is not necessarily the main concern, based on what I've seen of Fateburn's writing.  As an editor, would I want access to the original JP?  Absolutely, and I typically did ask for this when consulted.

The demo that first came out had no editing. The trial that is out now was edited. Are you still concerned with the writing on this one?

14 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

The demo that first came out had no editing. The trial that is out now was edited. Are you still concerned with the writing on this one?

The trial released with the KS was lightly edited.  Some problematic lines were changed while others were not changed at all.  Ryechu even admitted that he did an additional pass later and this didn't make it into the demo.

Edited by sanahtlig

4 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Fateburn's work is not meant to be part of the final product should the stretch goal be met.

Hmm. I wonder if he's a full salaried employee or just a contractor. It'd be pretty awkward to be running the Kickstarter/social media and urging people toward a stretch goal that could lose him money lol.

3 days left! I do hope they make the stretch goal. Not only for the improved translation, but it should earn the bonus episode pool an extra $1000 which would also put that over the top.

8 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Good write-up! I can also sympathize with not being wild about the rapey stuff (though oddly, the corruption aspect does make it a little more palatable for me for some reason) but the game looks like it has other good stuff to offer.

In other news, it looks like the bonus episode pool got funded, so hooray for having an extra episode! And just a note about the stretch goal: the target is in JPY, so 18.7 million yen at the moment is more like $166.5k, which may still be possible.

I just bumped my contribution to the Rebirth tier, and I could probably bump that to the King's Companion tier if it looks like it'll put us over the edge to the first stretch goal. (These are like the only two high-priced tiers that appeal to me) Conversely, if my Rebirth tier isn't needed to get us to the stretch goal I might drop it down a bit. I'm gonna be watching this thing like a hawk and adjusting my pledge accordingly...

So close!

Edited by Incynerate

14 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write us a lovely blog post! We certainly appreciate it, and are always happy to know what our fans think!

6 hours ago, Incynerate said:

Good write-up! I can also sympathize with not being wild about the rapey stuff (though oddly, the corruption aspect does make it a little more palatable for me for some reason) but the game looks like it has other good stuff to offer.

In other news, it looks like the bonus episode pool got funded, so hooray for having an extra episode! And just a note about the stretch goal: the target is in JPY, so 18.7 million yen at the moment is more like $166.5k, which may still be possible.

I just bumped my contribution to the Rebirth tier, and I could probably bump that to the King's Companion tier if it looks like it'll put us over the edge to the first stretch goal. (These are like the only two high-priced tiers that appeal to me) Conversely, if my Rebirth tier isn't needed to get us to the stretch goal I might drop it down a bit. I'm gonna be watching this thing like a hawk and adjusting my pledge accordingly...

So close!

We certainly look forward to working with you to create your custom character (and episode for the latter option) should you decide to keep your 'Rebirth' pledge or bump it up to 'King's Companion'! 

On 18/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, BFldyq said:

First stretch goal is done, meaning that the first chapter and UI are being retranslated, and we might manage the second as well.  Stretch goals 3 through 5 are probably beyond what the Kickstarter will reach.

Well, shows what I know.

28 minutes ago, Hetzer123 said:

I don't know why they have problem with kickstarter rejecting their credit cards. From what I heard, stretch goals might disappear if the issue is not solved.

International transactions. And since they're in Yen, it's causing even more problems. Banks are flagging these as suspicious transactions left and right, but the issue is solvable by the pledgers if they contact their banks.
Also, there are only 220 pledges that haven't gone through left, which guarantees two of the stretch goals. With backerkit and new paypal purchases, along with those of the 220 left that will fix the pledge issue, it is likely that the 3rd stretch goal will be met either way.

49 minutes ago, Hetzer123 said:

I don't know why they have problem with kickstarter rejecting their credit cards. From what I heard, stretch goals might disappear if the issue is not solved.

Its not the kickstarter but the bank which halts the transaction because any exchange in International currency is flagged as suspicious by default.. You just have to call the bank..

In my case i get a text as well as an email from HSBC saying that your transaction was flagged as being suspicious and was declined.. please contact xxxxx if your a phone banking customer or xxxxx for Credit card helpline...   You just have to Call on those numbers they confirm if this is the right recipient you just say yes and the transaction goes through.. its a simple process  

Could've mitigated this problem by routing the funds through JAST.  I complained about the the transactions being in yen when I saw the first draft of the Kickstarter page.

My bank also flagged the transaction but sent me a notice rather than automatically rejecting it.

Edited by sanahtlig