SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

sanahtlig

Looks really good and the story sounds interesting and if they are going to let us have the 18+ version via patching I'll be fine backing this whenever the kickstarter starts.

On a side note, I'm liking the opening, mainly because the song kind of reminds me of the openings for some of the games Working Designs released.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:03 AM, Dergonu said:

So if I understood this right, they are cutting out the H from this? If so, count my support out... 

Friend, it would appear that you are not updated with the latest news on twitter!

The director mentioned that we would be releasing it as an all-ages version, but you see...There's also this patch that comes with it, yeah? And magically certain scenes return...If you catch my meaning.

My point with what I said was regarding what we would do for those who...let's just say don't appreciate those scenes as much as some of us do. Rest assured those who like them tentacle loving and such will get what they want, and those who don't get a solid game too!

I certainly hope we can count on you guys supporting us on kickstarter! And of course, no worries, we have some goodies for our loyal backers of the project eh?

Edited by assasinzassasin

5 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

Friend, it would appear that you are not updated with the latest news on twitter!

The director mentioned that we would be releasing it as an all-ages version, but you see...There's also this patch that comes with it, yeah? And magically certain scenes return...If you catch my meaning.

My point with what I said was regarding what we would do for those who...let's just say don't appreciate those scenes as much as some of us do. Rest assured those who like them tentacle loving and such will get what they want, and those who don't get a solid game too!

I see. Could you link to said twitter account? I'd love to stay up to date with announcements and such.

It is a bit weird that an all-ages version is being made at all, considering the nature of the game... But as long as an 18+ patch is released, I guess I can't complain. Thanks for the reply.

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I see. Could you link to said twitter account? I'd love to stay up to date with announcements and such.

It is a bit weird that an all-ages version is being made at all, considering the nature of the game... But as long as an 18+ patch is released, I guess I can't complain. Thanks for the reply.

https://twitter.com/Intl_Ninetail

Here you go!

24 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

Hey guys, the English staff/translator from Ninetail here. I'm glad to see discussion on this project as well as the...Well, enthusiasm! There's a MEGA link posted on the official twitter page by the way for those who can't access or download the trial version from the official site.

Well, what can I say, tentacles corruption rape mindbreak etc, everyone has their own cup of tea. You might be surprised to hear this but even I, the dang translator of this title, don't even particularly love tentacles rape mindbreak etc. But that's the thing isn't it? The gameplay, the storytelling...That was enough to get me on board. 

In regards to some of what you guys have discussed here, well...

1) Regarding GoD: I did actually bring this up with the boss, saying that Gears of Dragoon would be a good series to translate considering it's actually easier to cut the H out of this than something like VenusBlood where the 18+ stuff is kinda integral, but he said the VB series was more...popular. So here we are.

2) To batman: Hard Pass, eh? I personally like giving things chances rather than straight up denying it, but if, under any circumstance, it just doesn't looks like something that appeals to you? Feel free to pass on it, but I feel calling it horrible is kind of...uncalled for.

I'd love to clear up any other questions you might have, but I'd like to ask that you guys please wait for the Kickstarter and other pages to go up and direct your questions there. Thank you for your interest in this project and I(along with the others here at Ninetail) certainly hope we can count on your support!

1: Yeah, GoD would be an easier sell to those with a lack of knowledge about either series.  However, Venus Blood has the advantage of better storytelling (speaking from experience) and a much better cast of characters.  It is also more well-known (at least in part because both Sanah and I have been pushing it here).   Frontier is a good starting point to get people interested, because Loki is so typical of the series' protagonists (ambitious, ruthless, but with a trace of compassion and farsightedness) and the characters and story are more refined than Empire. 

3 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

Kickstarter doesn't have to fund the entire project.  They're going to sell a product.  Yes, finding a platform to host the game is a potential problem.  But I've talked to multiple localization companies that would be happy to publish adult versions of games like this, especially if they didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

9 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Guess this mean my guess is right and they are gonna release it on steam (releasing it elsewhere means you risk potential sale loss as nowhere else can you a platform with Steam's massive user base). Means you have to cut away the 18+ parts of the game no matter what. See my point @sanahtlig?

Btw @assasinzassasin, I don't see a 18+ patch being mentioned for the english release inside the twitter link O,o....

1 minute ago, phantomJS said:

Guess this mean my guess is right and they are gonna release it on steam (releasing it elsewhere means you risk potential sale loss as nowhere else can you a platform with Steam's massive user base). Means you have to cut away the 18+ parts of the game no matter what. See my point @sanahtlig?

Btw @assasinzassasin, I don't see a 18+ patch being mentioned for the english release inside the twitter link O,o....

I believe @sanahtlig actually has the tweet where the director mentions the 18+ patch thing? But you're right, I guess I absentmindedly forgot to post that bit of information hahah.

Just because they are doing it, doesn't mean it's a wise decision. But, from a business point of view, they kinda have to, I guess. A new localization team coming into the western market with no existing website they can host their 18+ games on does limit them, so they are pretty much left with steam as the only popular platform, unless they make a deal with someone like Mangagamer. (Which in all honesty would be better for a game like Venus Blood, but hey...) So, they have to produce an all-ages version that can be patched, since they went with steam.

It definitely makes sense from a business standpoint, but I still think it's a silly game to make an all-ages version of, lol. Perhaps having gone to someone like Mangagamer would have been a better choice, but there are other things to factor in when making a deal like that. Who knows, maybe a deal like that would have taken more money from the sales than Steam does, meaning less profit, for instance.

4 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Just because they are doing it, doesn't mean it's a wise decision. But, from a business point of view, they kinda have to, I guess. A new localization team coming into the western market with no existing website they can host their 18+ games on does limit them, so they are pretty much left with steam as the only popular platform, unless they make a deal with someone like Mangagamer. (Which in all honesty would be better for a game like Venus Blood, but hey...) So, they have to produce an all-ages version that can be patched, since they went with steam.

It definitely makes sense from a business standpoint, but I still think it's a silly game to make an all-ages version of, lol. Perhaps having gone to someone like Mangagamer would have been a better choice, but there are other things to factor in when making a deal like that. Who knows, maybe a deal like that would have taken more money from the sales than Steam does, meaning less profit, for instance.

All it matters is this point of view to companies. They aren't non-profit to begin with. I believe the most we can do is bitch about it :vinty:....

5 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

I believe @sanahtlig actually has the tweet where the director mentions the 18+ patch thing? But you're right, I guess I absentmindedly forgot to post that bit of information hahah.

I went through his entire article again. Can't find any info on the 18+ patch. Most I can find is this

Edited by phantomJS

All it matters is this point of view to companies. They aren't non-profit to begin with. I believe the most we can do is bitch about it :vinty:....

Absolutely. But, sometimes bitching works. Maybe enough "complaints" leads them to such a deal with MG, for instance, making a standalone version as well as the Steam one. I for one do not like Steam at all, so I'd very much welcome such a version.

Steam imho will give them better coverage making it easier to bring aboard people new to the genre, while mangagamer limits this to people already familiar with this type of media. Personally as long as they keep to the original story/feel of the original work (at least for the decensoring patch) i'm fine with the Steam release, its better for them to. Though i do have to admit that a full mangagamer release (at the same time) ain't a bad thing to consider.

Still its something to look forward to, that's for sure ^.^!

Edited by +StrikeR+

10 hours ago, phantomJS said:

I went through his entire article again. Can't find any info on the 18+ patch. Most I can find is this

Here you go my friend.

10 hours ago, Dergonu said:

10 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Steam imho will give them better coverage making it easier to bring aboard people new to the genre, while mangagamer limits this to people already familiar with this type of media. Personally as long as they keep to the original story/feel of the original work (at least for the decensoring patch) i'm fine with the Steam release, its better for them to. Though i do have to admit that a full mangagamer release (at the same time) ain't a bad thing to consider.

Now seeing as I'm under NDA I can't divulge the full details, but uh...I have actually brought up Mangagamer, JAST, hell even FAKKU to them when it comes to sales platforms.

But let's just say there are certain...contractual problems and such that will not allow us to pursue those avenues. Terribly sorry, but we essentially have no choice in the matter and so we will be using Steam, with a patch for those who would rather have those scenes in it as well.

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Absolutely. But, sometimes bitching works. Maybe enough "complaints" leads them to such a deal with MG, for instance, making a standalone version as well as the Steam one. I for one do not like Steam at all, so I'd very much welcome such a version.

Our (extremely) small number of voices against countless potential customer on steam? :leecher:

Good luck pal. I would love to see your suggestion succeed (honest opinion) :sachi:

8 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

Here you go my friend.

Thanks. Although how come I don't see it in inside that twitter link or anywhere in the original article of this post? O.o....

Edited by phantomJS

10 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Your one voice against countless potential customer on steam? :leecher:

Good luck pal. I would love to see you succeed (honest opinion) :sacchan:

Thanks. Although how come I don't see it in inside that twitter link or anywhere in the original article of this post? O.o....

Erm...I don't know, sorry.

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, but Mangagamer themselves are translators/have a localisation team, yes?

I'd appreciate it if you don't er...Put me out of a job, please.

10 hours ago, assasinzassasin said:

Now seeing as I'm under NDA I can't divulge the full details, but uh...I have actually brought up Mangagamer, JAST, hell even FAKKU to them when it comes to sales platforms.

But let's just say there are certain...contractual problems and such that will not allow us to pursue those avenues. Terribly sorry, but we essentially have no choice in the matter and so we will be using Steam, with a patch for those who would rather have those scenes in it as well.

Ah, i see, well at least as far as i'm concerned at least as long as their's the patch available it doesn't matter to me :p.

9 hours ago, assasinzassasin said:

Also please correct me if I'm wrong, but Mangagamer themselves are translators/have a localisation team, yes?

Its the same as gog and steam (as gog is backed by CD project red which makes game but also offer a market platform for other games and valve is also a game producer but offers steam as a platform for others as well), while they do have their own teams they also offer online market/platform for others, in other worlds it would just be another place to sell the game (though in this case full as it can be uncensored from the get to go), it wouldn't put you out of a job :p.

3 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

Well, so much for that. That's a bit disappointing. I'll still try to suggest it on the Prefundia, but I guess they already made up their minds.

2 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

Mangagamer also makes deals with other localization companies that want to take use of their website as a platform to sell their games. An example being Light, who recently put Dies Irae on Mangagamer as a second way to distribute the game outside of steam.

9 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well, so much for that. That's a bit disappointing. I'll still try to suggest it on the Prefundia, but I guess they already made up their minds.

Mangagamer also makes deals with other localization companies that want to take use of their website as a platform to sell their games. An example being Light, who recently put Dies Irae on Mangagamer as a second way to distribute the game outside of steam.

I see. But again, I must reiterate. Rather than us having 'made up our minds', there really are contractual obligations preventing such a thing from happening. Sorry...

9 hours ago, assasinzassasin said:

I see. But again, I must reiterate. Rather than us having 'made up our minds', there really are contractual obligations preventing such a thing from happening. Sorry...

After seeing your comments I have brought this up with the director, and I shall let you guys know the result.

He said that while there is no doubt that we will release it on Steam as an initial release, there IS a POSSIBILITY that we may release it on something like Jlist, or somewhere similar.

I suppose there is a possibility, at least? I will however say that this is not a guarantee, but merely that he intends to try and renegotiate some of these so called...'Contractual Obligations'. I certainly wish him luck, as I sit here slowly translating scene after scene.

Just now, phantomJS said:

That comment was posted 18mins ago as of this post. How did you know before hand? :michiru:

24 minutes ago, assasinzassasin said:

I actually forgot to post it when you mentioned it to me, haha. It was sitting there in the 'tweet' box but unsubmitted. 

Also, how did I know? Because I'm the translator, my friend. And that means I'm in charge of the twitter too, haha.

So, as the all-ages version is confirmed, I've started wondering and I'm still not sure if I understand the premise of this: is the tentacle rape an optional game mechanic? Is there any consensual h-content in there (Eiyuu Senki - style) or a way to recruiting the goddesses without raping/mind-breaking them?

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

4 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

So, as the all-ages version is confirmed, I've started wondering and I'm still not sure if I understand the premise of this: is the tentacle rape an optional game mechanic? Is there any consensual h-content in there (Eiyuu Senki - styke) or a way to recruiting the goddesses without mind-breaking them?

does the original japanese game has that in the first place or more like does the original has all age????? i doubt it

Edited by wyldstrykr