SRPG eroge Venus Blood Frontier to get an English Kickstarter

sanahtlig

3 hours ago, Azgn said:

Question, will the Law routes have tentacle rape in them?

The only instances when it's unavoidable is after capturing each goddess. After that, it epends on what you do (from what Ninetail guy told me before, you can corrupt the goddesses and still stay on the Law Route). Still, it's enough for me to definitely stay safe with the all-ages version of the game. I really want to enjoy the story in peace, rather than explaining to my gf what that disturbing image she saw after walking into my room was about. ;p

On 10/27/2018 at 4:08 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

The only instances when it's unavoidable is after capturing each goddess. After that, it epends on what you do (from what Ninetail guy told me before, you can corrupt the goddesses and still stay on the Law Route). Still, it's enough for me to definitely stay safe with the all-ages version of the game. I really want to enjoy the story in peace, rather than explaining to my gf what that disturbing image she saw after walking into my room was about. ;p

"It's called hentai, and it's ART"

In other news, backerkits are live (yay!) and some retranslated names/titles have been shown. What do people think? I wonder if some of the clumsier-sounding names are examples of translations being a little too direct (lookin' at you, Breezy War Deity). Anybody decent with Japanese that can confirm/deny?

14 hours ago, Incynerate said:

"It's called hentai, and it's ART"

In other news, backerkits are live (yay!) and some retranslated names/titles have been shown. What do people think? I wonder if some of the clumsier-sounding names are examples of translations being a little too direct (lookin' at you, Breezy War Deity). Anybody decent with Japanese that can confirm/deny?

Yeah, I honestly don't know why they published that update, as I don't think these names are any more final than the previous ones. All it did was elicit a firestorm of feedback from "critics" who don't know what they're talking about. I wouldn't worry too much about it or think too hard about it.

The translator on the project knows what he's doing; let the man work.

6 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, I honestly don't know why they published that update, as I don't think these names are any more final than the previous ones. All it did was elicit a firestorm of feedback from "critics" who don't know what they're talking about. I wouldn't worry too much about it or think too hard about it.

The translator on the project knows what he's doing; let the man work.

i am taking your word for it and trusting your judgement.... However if on release once i read the Vn and find out that choice of BAD wordings had ruined the immersion.. i would surely be pissed..

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

...and more importantly good luck to JAST to have it released on time (December 2019 later).

You with this again? Haven't I (actually we) already told you multiple times that JAST isn't a publisher in this case? O_o

Ninetail is the publisher. For the nth time. JAST's speed won't have anything to do with how fast this is gonna be finished.

9 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I still think that it'll be slowed down because of JAST tendency of releasing physical copies though, but in that case then I supposed it's up to Arunaru there. Either way I hope that it'll be on time at the very least.

Wait, wait... JAST releasing physical copies of Venus Blood Frontier? O_O

I can't say for certain in regard of that, but seeing that Ninetails was still new for VN localization it should be possible to have them trust JAST to have the latter use their connection to the factory, but keep in mind though it's just my guess for now. For the reminder, JAST usually did release both of physical and download edition at the same time in which it caused the slowdown to their release to a degree.

Just now, littleshogun said:

I can't say for certain in regard of that, but seeing that Ninetails was still new for VN localization it should be possible to have them trust JAST to have the latter use their connection to the factory, but keep in mind though it's just my guess for now. For the reminder, JAST usually did release both of physical and download edition at the same time in which it caused the slowdown to their release to a degree.

I know JAST does do physical copies, but I never heard they are gonna do them for Ninetail. That's why you got me confused. Anyway, from what I know, only thing that JAST did for Ninetail is helping them a bit with promotion on Twitter and hired an editor for them. I don't think they offered them, or that they will for that matter, deal to do physical copies. So you don't really have to be worried about that. If anything, there are numerous other reasons for why the project could stall. Only one thing concering JAST that can go "slow" is editing, but even that is doubtful since the editor they hired is a known pro who worked for FrontWing, MangaGamer, and others. It's not some random nobody who takes decades. So there's no way for JAST to stall this project.

3 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Couple things I'm curious about:

1) Is the harem option only in the Chaos route or is it an option in Law too?

2) Seeing as Venus Blood Ragnarok is a sequel, does its story make the Chaos route canon or is it vague about which route is canon?

What does it matter.. Experience both routes....

4 hours ago, BookwormOtaku said:

2) Seeing as Venus Blood Ragnarok is a sequel, does its story make the Chaos route canon or is it vague about which route is canon?

I do believe Ragnarok is based on a variation of the Law route, so far as I know. But you know Japanese and I don't, so I may be mistaken.

Also, 'harem'? First I hear of such a thing. :o

1 hour ago, Incynerate said:

'Harem Ending' is one of the tags on VNDB, apparently. No idea if it's associated with the Law or Chaos routes, though.

As the corruption mechanic isn't strictly connected to the Law and Chaos routes, romance might not be either. I can imagine harem only being doable with corrupted Goddesses though and making much more sense in the Chaos scenario.

I only want my uncorrupted Tilca anyways...

• 1 year later...

Congratulation for finally have Valve approved this, and honestly the nukige tag in VNDB was very misleading because I believe that we'll going to have enough focus on the gameplay here. Also since you do a lot of effort to do all age version of this so-called nukige here, I believe that the tag would be unneccesary as well. In any case, I'll look forward to the release.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulation for the Steam release, and after I read through mostly I can say that Frontier here didn't need to have have nukige tag. Granted that it have some mandatory sex scenes, but compared to the gameplay ratio it was far less compared to Haruka in that we need to grind through sex and yet it's still not categorized as nukige in VNDB list (I mean you didn't really neccesarily need to corrupt the goddess to get a strong team (Admittedly it help a lot though, and why not seeing that the corrupted goddesses outfit is quite sexy lol), and that Loki definitely didn't need to level up the goddesses through the sex). So yeah compared to Haruka and Escalayer, you can have less sex in Frontier (And you can totally avoid the optional sex scenes) and therefore I can say that the nukige tag on VNDB is wrong. By the way I like the VN here.

For the story, I can say that the law route here is like Route B of Valkyrie Profile while for chaos route it's like True Route of Valkyrie Profile, except instead of Lenneth the protagonist here is Loki (You'll root for him in law route, and even if Loki was become Villain Protagonist in chaos route you still root for him anyway). For the goddesses, their name and traits is derived from Norse mythology and it should be obvious from Loki name here. Thor, Freya, and Odin should be more obvious examples here, while for Tyrca here her name is derived from Tyr (Her power is like Lenneth though, and perhaps it might intended seeing that her design is like Valkyrie). While Rigret name here is less obvious and she only get the real world name in the sequel, her Divine Gear should be enough hint on which god that inspire her (It's Heimdall in which it's pretty well known for Gjallahorn).

Lastly I believe that Ninetail chose this as their very first official localized VN, because it's the more popular VN on Venus Blood series. The reason is simply because they make a sequel based on this (Ragnarok), and I think it wouldn't be happen of the VN is less popular (The Norse mythology here did help a lot admittedly). For the next release, let's just say that I hope that Ninetail can localized both of Hypno and Ragnarok if possible, although I know that Ragnarok will possibly be a Tough Act to Follow for Frontier being the sequel and all.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

Question: Why is Surt's/Sinmara's coffin translated as Le Vateinn, when the characters refer to it as Laegjarn? There is even a generic weapon in the game that is called Laevateinn

In chaos route, I had all goddesses corrupted but not turned into mad deities (finished the run without even seeing those cutscenes) and had affection points at:

Tyrca 7

Freya 6

Thor 8

Rigret 6

Fena 11

Hel 9

Fenrir 8

Jorm 7

And did not watch Tentacle Grotto. However, I ended up getting 3 Guard Dogs ending, instead of Conqueror's Banquet... What?

I heard that if you have over 7 affection and 99 mingle  before corruption you can "awaken" the goddesses and recieve another unit version of them, but how can that be? For Odin, you can just hit 7 points without corruption, but for Thor, without corruption, you would only get 5, and Rigret would only get 4.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:41 AM, BookwormOtaku said:

Couple things I'm curious about:

1) Is the harem option only in the Chaos route or is it an option in Law too?

Harem option (Conqueror's Banquet) is chaos route only. See my above post.

Probably, as only law route has Norn and a positive relationship with Odin.

You need law + chaos to equal 65 to unlock god medallions, and you need law + chaos to equal 90 to unlock tail medallion: https://ninetail.fandom.com/wiki/VenusBloodFrontier:Medallions#5.3_.E7.A5.9E_.28God.29 Mathematically, you would unlock god medallions first... Somehow, I got tail medallions first. How did I defy the laws of mathematics?

Edited by LegalLoliLover

As for Tail Medallion, actually you can get it by completing three routes (Law, Chaos, and Normal) as well along with watched the extra scene. So yeah you can defy the law of mathematics by completing three endings and watching the scene lol. On the other hand, completing three ending at first playthrough mean that you can concentrate more on the heroines on the second playthrough seeing that at least you only need 65 points to unlock the remaining medals instead of 90 points, which mean more leeway to get some affection points (You'll need to control the point gain in the first playthrough tightly if you want to get Tail Medallion, and it could sacrifice some affection points for the heroines).

As for the harem ending, you probably miss on Odin's affection. So actually you need to raise Odin's point as well even though you wouldn't be able to play as her in Chaos route first playthrough for the obvious reason, which mean that you should raise Odin's affection points to 6 before entering the route. Although if you already get raise Odin's affection points to 6 and still get the three sisters ending, then I have no idea. By the way you can only unlock Odin's ending in Law route, corrupted or not (Storywise, it's weird though to have Odin corrupted at Law's route, but whatever).

For 7 affection quests, you can get it by training the heroines some more in order to gain some affection points. Or if you already done that, then you should see 99 mingle scenes for both of Thor and Rigret, in that you'll gain three affection points at the end scenes. To be safe, you better raise the points at Chapter 6 just to be safe.

Edited by littleshogun

Yeah, during my chaos runs, I tend to not increase Odin's affections for obvious reasons, but apparently, I have to. I don't see the problem with fallen goddesses in law route. The eternal goddess has slain and annihilated these lands and people because they have neither adhered to the Hegemon of Yggdrasil nor to the Asgardian Empire. Thing is, I don't see how you can get Thor's or Rigret's affection to 7 without corrupting them, as they would not have enough cutscenes to get the points.

In order to unlock berserk medallions, does it matter whether you use berserk level 1 or 2? Also, after you cleared Battle Royale mode, if you load up a save from before you finished Battle Royale mode, does the game still "know" that you cleared it, for the purposes of unlocking berserk medallions? I'd prefer not to do it again, but I just realized how little motivation I have to play without the story to provide said motivation.

Edited by LegalLoliLover