Need something to read!

exort

Hello everyone, 

Came across this site so I thought It wouldnt be a bad idea to ask for help regarding a new VN I can read.

I'm mainly into SoL Romance that has comedy in it as well, I really like moege type VNs, anything else I try to read just doesnt grasp my attention.

The VN I read so far are:

Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~

Katawa Shoujo

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete

Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Hatsukoi 1/1

Fate/Stay Night 

Noble Works

Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road

The thing that makes it hard for me to find new VNs is that old/ugly graphics is a big put-off for me for example I've read a lot of good stuff about Clannad but I just cant bring myself to reading it because of how the characters look. Sexual Content is totally ok, even preffered. Unfortunately I cannot read Japanese.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 

Edited by exort

Hey there! Welcome!

You could give Princess Evangile a try. It's similar to Noble Works and has nice art and a nice soundtrack as well. There's also a physical copy (18+) if that's something you prefer. You could also try Majikoi but that has a different vibe than Princess Evangile, Katawa Shoujo, or Hatsukoi 1/1 (it's more friends + action than just solely romance/drama). It's still a very good read though and definitely worth giving a shot if you're wanting to try something a bit out of your request parameters.

Wagamama High Spec https://vndb.org/v17823 . A romcom with cutesy music, manga references, and tons of H content (almost too much actually). The artwork is great too.

DS Dal Segno https://vndb.org/v17742 . Probably up your alley. Even has some mild sci fi elements.

Nekopara series. Ridiculously cute catgirl harems. Has a lot of comedy too. You can set chest bounciness to maximum and move the window. H scenes are kinda over the top, and animated. Vol2 and onward lets you click on their heads to make them purr.

ef - a fairy tale of the two https://vndb.org/v88 . I havn't finished reading this yet (I just finished the first part). But the art and presentation is top notch. Almost each scene has it's own CG, there's lip synching and animated facial expressions. The characters are really well drawn. From what I've read, the romance is pretty good.

Apart from VNs mentioned above, give Little Busters a try. I think it's the best looking from Key "classics". I'm pretty sure that I won't play AIR or Kanon, as those characters look terribly to me, but LB is much better looking (than Clannad too), and I got used to its style in no time.

17 minutes ago, Overlord87 said:

Hoshizora no Memoria

Based on the review both versions (fan TL and Sekai) are bad. While supposedly Sekai translation is a little better, release itself is rushed, with some untranslated lines left. So I'm waiting for them to fix it, and then may give it a try.

Majikoi is good, and translation is okay as well. The only thing slightly bothering me was some incosistency - same terms are translated differently between routes (as apparently they were done by different people)

Spoiler

Most obvious was "Mouri Gathering" vel "Goblin Banquet" - it took me a while to figure they were the same event ;)

Edited by adamstan

11 hours ago, wei123 said:

FSN is so different from the other vns you've read LOL

Anyways, as for recommendations, you can try any of the Key games

FSN is actually the first VN I read and then I just read stuff that was similar in terms of romance I guess hah :) Saber route is my favourite.

Anyway thanks everyone for suggestions, I will check the VNs you recommended to me for sure!