PSP Visual Novel Hacking

I Tried before hack the rewrite of psp, but no lucky, I tried debug the game in the emulator but i don't know nothing about the psp instruction set, If you found someone to help please contact-me later, i want put the game in portuguese too... I bought a psp just to play rewrite any time but no lucky...

17 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

I Tried before hack the rewrite of psp, but no lucky, I tried debug the game in the emulator but i don't know nothing about the psp instruction set, If you found someone to help please contact-me later, i want put the game in portuguese too... I bought a psp just to play rewrite any time but no lucky...

I opened the ISO with WINRAR and found the images, scripts, but they are compiled :c 

Do you know how decompile? I bought a PSP recently, and I wanted play Rewrite again in psp :c

3 hours ago, Kamukan said:

I opened the ISO with WINRAR and found the images, scripts, but they are compiled :c 

Do you know how decompile? I bought a PSP recently, and I wanted play Rewrite again in psp :c

I found it this video:

This dude made it rewrite pc version (not the psp version) able to play in PSP. Like they did with Clannad.

While he don't share I don't trust, I can do this too, I played Shadow Of the Colossus of PS2 in my psp, but isn't any magic, just a remote control of the shadow of the colossus running on my pc, I can't say with sure if he do this too, but to someone create a interpreter of the siglus engine to the psp just to record a video looks retard...

Well, what I know the rewrite have encryption in the main packget but the scripts are extracted, he uses the SJIS encoding, here:  (This is in the Disc 2)
2vUXe8C

I tried and the game read it if you edit, but the script have somes jump points that will crash the game if you "resize" the script without update this jump point
This is what i know... and some notes when i started research but since i failed in hack it, maybe my note is wrong:

AA 00 XX YY ... ZZ
AA = CMD (F0, F1) | NOP 00
XX = Length
YY = DATA TYPE: 01 = Data, 02 = String (If is stirng len - 1)
ZZ = OP CODE (Last Byte)

OP CODES:
0E: Uncoditional Jump?
00: Show Text?
09: Call?

TYPE:
01 = DWORD
02 = STRING

F0 FF = Return to Main Menu
A3 = Return to Current Script Begin

Sorry but this is all... I tried this, what, have more than one year, i don't can say if this info is rigth...

3 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

While he don't share I don't trust, I can do this too, I played Shadow Of the Colossus of PS2 in my psp, but isn't any magic, just a remote control of the shadow of the colossus running on my pc, I can't say with sure if he do this too, but to someone create a interpreter of the siglus engine to the psp just to record a video looks retard...

Well, what I know the rewrite have encryption in the main packget but the scripts are extracted, he uses the SJIS encoding, here:  (This is in the Disc 2)
2vUXe8C

I tried and the game read it if you edit, but the script have somes jump points that will crash the game if you "resize" the script without update this jump point
This is what i know... and some notes when i started research but since i failed in hack it, maybe my note is wrong:

AA 00 XX YY ... ZZ
AA = CMD (F0, F1) | NOP 00
XX = Length
YY = DATA TYPE: 01 = Data, 02 = String (If is stirng len - 1)
ZZ = OP CODE (Last Byte)

OP CODES:
0E: Uncoditional Jump?
00: Show Text?
09: Call?

TYPE:
01 = DWORD
02 = STRING

F0 FF = Return to Main Menu
A3 = Return to Current Script Begin

Sorry but this is all... I tried this, what, have more than one year, i don't can say if this info is rigth...

Pretty hard, eh. It's possible to edit this jump point? 

I really want to read Rewrite in PSP, that's sad. 

You can't do anything like your 'Specific-Games'? Using SRL? (I guess?)

Edited by Kamukan

4 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

The SRL only will works with windows games, of course is possible edit/fix the jump point but this is the problem, we need analyze the script format to this.
And isn't only this, we need decrypt the game packget too...

Oh, that's sad. If you want help one day or something like that, I'd like to help with something. 

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Good news, our friend XMOE has created and published tools and now we are able to translate the psp rewrite!
https://github.com/xmoeproject/PrototypeToolset/tree/master/NewVersion(from2013)

Oooh, that's really great.

Unfortunately, I do not know how use this programs codes. If you can pass me a program or anything, I will be very thankful.

---

I Tested here and seens the xmoe haven't tested? or pusblished a outdated version of he tools...
Basically the text insert have problem with some scripts and the createfnt generates a corrupted font....

I have based into the format info that he published and I wrote my own editor, looks work but i will first take a look in this font, if i have sucess editing it, i will publish it

Edited by marcus-beta

6 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Well, I created the font editor but looks strange because the font shadow isn't updated...
68747470733a2f2f706f6d662e70796f6e70796f

Anyway, here: https://github.com/marcussacana/PrototypeManager/
If you want the xmoe binaires: https://github.com/marcussacana/Specific-Games/blob/master/Stuff's/Rewrite PSP.rar?raw=true

Thank you! I will try my best!