Do you always go for the heroine that you think is best first or do you leave her for last?

glupak

Prioritise according to how I rank the girls. I do them in reverse order except for the first heroine I choose which is my 2nd favoured because if I start with my least favourite there's a chance I might give up before giving the game a good enough go. So for example if there are 5 heroines, my play order is 2, 5, 4, 3, 1. Yes it is a conscious decision every time, though sometimes a heroine surprises me or disappoints me depending on the quality of the route of course.

I'd normally go for the ones that I don't like first and then save the ones that I do like for last. So:

Heroines that I dislike -> Heroines that I like

However, these days I seem to lose motivation in reading a VN whenever I do that since my mentality now is:

"Why am I wasting time on going through a heroine that I don't like?" or  "I really don't want to read this VN anymore because of this heroine."

So now I'd read the heroine that I like first and then go for the ones I don't particularly like next or ignore it if I really hate them. Finally, I'd go for the best girl last. So pretty much this:

Heroines that I like -> Heroines that I don't like much -> Favourite Heroine/s

Edited by jetpack003

Well back at Flyable Heart I did follow some suggestion, although more or less it's just once though. Otherwise I'll decided it based on the spoiler that I read about, and sort the order based on how I felt about the spoiler (It may sounds slightly strange here).

I try to leave the best girl's route for last so that I have this nice aftertaste after finishing the VN. I play the most annoying heroine's route somewhere in the middle to negate the possibility of dropping the title since at that time I have already invested some of my time into the game and I just don't want it to go to waste.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, ittaku said:

Prioritise according to how I rank the girls. I do them in reverse order except for the first heroine I choose which is my 2nd favoured because if I start with my least favourite there's a chance I might give up before giving the game a good enough go. So for example if there are 5 heroines, my play order is 2, 5, 4, 3, 1. Yes it is a conscious decision every time, though sometimes a heroine surprises me or disappoints me depending on the quality of the route of course.

My approach is usually this, with very few exceptions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/4/2018 at 9:14 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

If there's no recommended/enforced route order, I will always go for the most appealing girl first. Although I would argue that you can't say which girl is the best one until you've finished all the routes that you're not absolutely sure you'll hate. A well-written game will always have some surprises.

If the common route is well done, you can more or less predict how the girls will turn out, at least personality-wise. There can be surprises, but if you like the character, her route has to be terrible to ruin it.

Likewise there are heroines you despise right off the bat, but these are badly written I guess (you know, they are trying to make you choose her, so why is she so annoying? Examples: the whole cast of A Profile comes to mind, especially the imouto).