Do you always go for the heroine that you think is best first or do you leave her for last?

glupak

I tend to go for whoever I like best unless strongly recommended otherwise. That doesn't actually take away from the rest of the routes since most of the times the heroine I thought was my favorite at first is trumped by another one who I barely noticed :yumiko: 

I may follow the recommended route order if there is one.

Should there not, I don't necessarily start by the heroine I prefer. I tend to start with the heroine the protagonist seems to have more events with, or the first he gets close to. In short, I start by the one the VN seems to be pushing me towards. Of course, this can change drastically depending on which choices I pick, and I do pick them based on my preferences.

I try to do 'second best' route first or the character that impresses me the most in the common route then I'll either go for the other heroines(If they arent boring) or go to the 'best' girl directly before i start getting bored of the VN/start to want to play other games. I'll rarely 'finish' VNs anyway since i refuse to do routes of annoying characters :mare:

Unless there's a particular recommended order, I'll actually do the best girl first. That frees up my mind to appreciate the other routes for what they do.

I very rarely play VNs where the main progress route is through different routes for every heroine, though. So this mostly isn't much of an issue in the first place.

I'll usually read and make my own decisions first, then look at the recommended route order. I'll follow that if it's necessary. If it doesn't matter, then I'll do my second or third favorite first, while saving my favorite heroine for last. Doing so that way lets me have something to look forward right then (first route), and also (hopefully) at the end. 

It doesn't always work out as planned, but seeing as I've been trying to read all main routes of VNs as of late (which obviously takes longer) it seems like a nice compromise. 

I usually read the one route I am looking forward to the most first, sometimes I get it wrong and find some other route better down the line, but most of the time I would say I land right. If the route was amazingly good I will likely be more sparing in reading other routes despite them being perhaps not as good, and if I read the first route and I am disappointed I may or may not continue to read another route (depending on how bad/good it was).

I normally look for recommended route orders, If there isn't one leave the hero(ine) I'm most interested for Last OR I leave the route which I find the most mysterious out of the bunch.

Usually I put the games main heroine last because developers tend to focus on those routes more and have the best girl second to last. The other routes I play randomly depending on my mood. If I know some characters piss me off then I tend to put them between characters that I like. Only time I don't do this is when I really don't like or there is no main heroine. In that case I just read the best girl last.

For my first route, I go in blind, and pick a route at random. Sometimes, I hit a premature game over instead.

After that I'll use a walkthrough (though I'll still more or less pick routes at random).

In most VN's, I tend to have a bit of trouble picking out "best girl". Though it the case of Grisaia, I'd pretty much decided on best girl before I even started reading it....

11 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Usually I just follow recommended route order if it exists. If it doesn't, I just go for whatever girl I like more first.

At the same time, I always try to leave at least one rote I expect to like to the middle because it's always quite annoying to read several shitty routes in a row.

Very much my style too. I go for recommended route first, because it's usually recommended for a reason! Otherwise I save one I know will be fun for when the vn is kinda lagging for me.

i always follow, what i want to choose regardless of what girl is that option for. sadly, that way of choosing will get me to the no girl ending 90% of the time.

if there is a choice that is shown what girl that lead to, ill choose the no girl option, then ill use bot !choose/!pick command on discord.

then ill go to walkthrough and look for the recommended order. if there isnt, ill continue using rng