Looking for VN's where the Heroine takes the lead in the relationship... Or one with a mature like Heroine

+StrikeR+

I'm currently going through Tsujidou-san Junai Road (enjoying it for the most part), but after i'm done i'm thinking i would like something where the female takes more of a lead then the guy (most ones i read this days is with the male taking the lead, i kind of want the opposite for once :p). a VN with a Heroine that gives of a mature air might also be nice, it doesn't have to be both btw, either one where female takes the lead or one with just a mature like heroine is fine for recommendations. Also please only translated ones.

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Amane from Grisaia (?)

Was she ever mature or did she ever take the lead from Yuuji at any point besides

Spoiler

into having sex with her?

7 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:

I'm currently going through Tsujidou-san Junai Road (enjoying it for the most part), but after i'm done i'm thinking i would like something where the female takes more of a lead then the guy (most ones i read this days is with the male taking the lead, i kind of want the opposite for once :p). a VN with a Heroine that gives of a mature air might also be nice, it doesn't have to be both btw, either one where female takes the lead or one with just a mature like heroine is fine for recommendations. Also please only translated ones.

Some of the above recommendations are Nukiges (Imouto Paradise, Starless) or have a lot of hardcore-ish 18+ scenes (Euphoria). Just thought I'll mention it in case you are just looking for a normal-ish VNs and doesn't like those genres

12 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Was she ever mature or did she ever take the lead from Yuuji at any point besides

Reveal hidden contents

into having sex with her?

I wouldn't say she's mature in that regard, but she definitely takes the lead when it comes to chasing Yuuji, as she constantly showers him with affection and cooks for him whenever possible.

though you could say her initial motivation was atonement for what happened to his sister, but still

Edited by wei123

6 hours ago, wei123 said:

I wouldn't say she's mature in that regard, but she definitely takes the lead when it comes to chasing Yuuji, as she constantly showers him with affection and cooks for him whenever possible.

Idk. I find it pretty weird to classify someone as a person who takes the initiative like this. And this

Spoiler

behaviour stops if you go into a route which is not hers

Anway, wouldn't Asako fit the bill far better in this case?

Speaking of Grisaia, perhaps the OP can read the Grisaia:Phantom Trigger series. I think it fits into what he is looking for :)

I find the fact that most recommendations are nukige with femdom fetish very revealing :makina: Oh well, it's clear that is not common at all. 

Let's see... I've just read Sharin no Kuni and if you pick Sachi's route she kinda takes the lead. Not that she's particularly mature though. 

In ef the second tale Yuuko can definitely be seen as deliberately approaching and trying to seduce Yuu. But again, not that she's the "mature type" and the situation is much more complex than all that... So... 

Ever17's Tsugumi's route might also be fitting. Actually, it might well be the closest to what you are looking for... The only problem is that the romance is fairly scarce. 

Anyway, I hope I gave you some ideas :wafuu:

Euphoria and especially Starless don't seem to be what i want, to dark, or i should better say negative :p. Muv-Luv Alternative/G Senjou no Maou is as bad as i can take it :p.  Majikoi i already enjoyed and went though all of the series. And Imouto Paradise is nukige so that means just a lot of banging without much plot. Grisaia seems fairly nice but the anime is still pretty fresh in my head so i want to wait a bit more (its one of the novels on my must read list but i wanna forget a bit about the anime first).

5 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Speaking of Grisaia, perhaps the OP can read the Grisaia:Phantom Trigger series. I think it fits into what he is looking for :)

I actually seen some cg's of it, wasn't Phantom Trigger all female cast ? (even the protagonist, that's the impression i got from it)

9 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

I find the fact that most recommendations are nukige with femdom fetish very revealing :makina: Oh well, it's clear that is not common at all. 

Let's see... I've just read Sharin no Kuni and if you pick Sachi's route she kinda takes the lead. Not that she's particularly mature though. 

In ef the second tale Yuuko can definitely be seen as deliberately approaching and trying to seduce Yuu. But again, not that she's the "mature type" and the situation is much more complex than all that... So... 

Ever17's Tsugumi's route might also be fitting. Actually, it might well be the closest to what you are looking for... The only problem is that the romance is fairly scarce. 

Anyway, I hope I gave you some ideas :wafuu:

Actually that's excellent advice, i heard good things about Sharin no Kuni, ef i was thinking of living it for Christmas, but i might move it further up in my read list. Ever17 i couldn't get into it unfortunately, the narrative, atmosphere just didn't get me invested. There is a another theme i may be interested in so if there wont be anymore ideas regarding my current request i'll just try my luck asking about that at a later time :p.  

39 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

I'm tempted to try it now. I've heard great praise for it.

It really is a nice VN, Tsubame's route from S and Momoyo's characters are really strong and imposing, both as characters and in a relationship. There's lots of different flavors with interesting characters, and its also a novel dear to my heart since it helped me get through some pretty depressing stages of my life. I'm actually very tempted to replay it but i wanna hold on since the first novel is going to have a western release this year.

2 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:

I actually seen some cg's of it, wasn't Phantom Trigger all female cast ? (even the protagonist, that's the impression i got from it)

Not true. The ladies in the series are mature and takes the lead :).

2 hours ago, Weiterfechten said:

If you are looking for something shorter, and if you haven't read it, perhaps Doki Doki Literature Club? One of the characters takes a pretty dominant role and if nothing else it is certainly an experience. 

Monika is certainly unique and dominant :D. This VN has a twisted theme though and I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for. Also, to complete the VN (and find all the secret stuff), you have to mess around with the game files (very similar to what Scott Cawthon did in his Five Nights at Freddy's series). I don't think I like and want to do that in a VN....

Just take note of this :)

Edited by phantomJS

26 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Not true. The ladies in the series are mature and takes the lead :).

Wow that's awesome, also can i go in without playing Grisaia, i mean is it just the same universe without a relationship to the main game ?

27 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Monika is certainly unique and dominant :D. This VN has a twisted theme though and I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for. Also, to complete the VN (and find all the secret stuff), you have to mess around with the game files (very similar to what Scott Cawthon did in his Five Nights at Freddy's series). I don't think I like and want to do that in a VN....

Just take note of this :)

If there are good/happy ending routes i'm interested if its all just twisted and violent i guess its not what i want...

18 minutes ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Wow that's awesome, also can i go in without playing Grisaia, i mean is it just the same universe without a relationship to the main game ?

The Grisaia name is purely for name recognition / milking the Grisaia franchise only (A very sore point for Grisaia fans like me). The Phantom Trigger series has almost nothing at all to do with the original games :)

21 minutes ago, +StrikeR+ said:

If there are good/happy ending routes i'm interested if its all just twisted and violent i guess its not what i want...

Well, there are normal endings in the VN I guess. Most of the VN is pretty twisted and has quite a bit of blood and gore. It's a very unique experience though. You have to decide yourself whether or not you want to read it :P

3 hours ago, Thyndd said:

I find the fact that most recommendations are nukige with femdom fetish very revealing :makina:

And yet, all of those are pretty much reverse rape filled :badnicoman:  I wanted some consensual femdom for once...

Anyway, I can't remember a title to recommend to you, sorry, but I can at least answer this:

26 minutes ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Grisaia Phantom Trigger have no romantic routes (well, it's ongoing so maybe in the future) so even if they take the lead, you can't choose anyone.

As for DDLC... it does have a happy ending and it's not all that twisted or violent (people overblow a lot its reputation, sure, it have it's jump scares and depressing moments but it's no full on horror whatsover), but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. Does giving yandere vibes counts as taking the lead for you? Yanderes can be quite pushy...

Edited by MaggieROBOT

6 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

As for DDLC... it does have a happy ending and it's not all that twisted or violent (people overblow a lot its reputation, sure, it have it's jump scares and depressing moments but it's no full on horror whatsover), but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. Does giving yandere vibes counts as taking the lead for you? Yanderes can be quite pushy...

Well, it's not as twisted as some other VNs out there, but it's still pretty twisted nevertheless. I guess you can stop after getting the normal endings (or as you call it, 'happy endings'). Otherwise...MUHAHAHAH!.....

Edited by phantomJS