Tenkiame Translation Project

Narcosis

N A N I ? ! Translations proudly presents:

Tenkiame

YnxJ6z8AeXrVnyRnG_0zIfJcFA78CrBZVxy3lRLXx7HM960tMnBEaudOocKId1MOT2LiuG7PQvgQAY5bwc3YyCgMuc0V4_VFecjv9fQdpMob8u3r7nB0C4QvMa6G0f0hxgmkmydr

Game Name: Tenkiame | 天気雨 | Sun Shower

Developer & Publisher: GumiSoft (one of InterHeart’s subsidiaries; parent company mostly makes short nukige games)

Duration: Approximately 10 hours or so; around 12k lines

Genre: heartwarming romance, folklore

VNDB Link

Official Website

Game Synopsis

In the middle of summer vacation, the protagonist receives news that his grandfather had fallen ill. Taking the place of his busy parents, he travelled a bit reluctantly to his grandparents’ home. Luckily, his grandfather’s situation wasn’t serious, and he spent time with his grandmother, who he hadn’t seen in a long time. She mentioned that the greenery in the area will soon disappear as it is razed for urban development. He lamented that it was a sign of the times.

As he sat on the porch, feeling the cool breeze and listening to the soothing sound of the swaying wind chimes, he thought it was a very comfortable feeling. He noticed a small girl next to him, basked in the gentle sunlight. He was captivated by her beautiful hair, ears and smile. This is the beginning of a small love story with an innocent and curious white fox and a quiet and meddlesome fox.

[From Hau~ Omochikaeri!]

Trailer

Screenshots
(Early trial version build)

Spoiler

tenki_tl_alpha001.png

tenki_tl_alpha002.png

tenki_tl_alpha003.png

tenki_tl_alpha004.png

tenki_tl_alpha005.png

tenki_tl_alpha006.png

Staff

Project Leader & technical mumbo-jumbo: @Narcosis

Translator: Allmighty Bee

TLC: the person in question kindly asked us to not reveal his name

Editor: Zanderboi

QC's: Nanon, Arcadeotic, Major Popinfresh

Alpha Testers: won't mention names for now but they'll be revealed at some point

Honourable mentions go to @AtomCrafty, @binaryfail and everyone else, who we forgot about. Thanks for helping us, guys.

INFORMATION

(25/04/2018)

The common route is translated and currently undergoes editing and TLC, translation on the remaining girls' routes began as well. We plan to release the trial version first around this summer, which contains the whole common route. Full patch will follow afterwards. This is also to ensure the final translation will be released as a quality product, since we want to gather feedback after the trial release. The current estimates are rough, as we plan to deliver a polished, self-extracting patch. Either way, it shouldn't take that long, at least not as long as Biman (hopefully) :chaika:

We want to thank @Arcadeotic and his team. Euphemic Translations will be providing us with additional help and several QC’s that we would’ve needed sooner or later. Big thanks to everyone who is now involved with the translation alongside us.

PROGRESS CHART (last update: 19/04/2018)

Common route: script delivered, TL: 100%, currently in editing

Shiro's route: script delivered, TL: ~5%

Kon's Route: script delivered, TL: 0%

General FAQ

Q: Is there any way to know the progress whenever I want?

A: Ask here and we'll answer with the current progress. Alternatively, we will update the progress chart from time to time.

Q: What is your team's translation speed?

A: Bee does 100 lines per day on average except weekends, technically you can calculate the precise amount of days it'll take to complete this translation (we are too lazy to do it ourselves, lol.)

Q: When are you releasing the patch?

A: The translation will be done in a year, more or less, and the patch? No idea, but definitely faster than Biman.

Q: No, but seriously - when will be the patch done?

A: When it's done

Q: Why aren't you looking for help in regards to more translators?

A: We are trying to avoid that, as it will impact the translation's quality for a game of such length.

Q: Do you even have a team name?

A: Yes, it's "N A N I ? ! Translations."

Q: Do you have a website?

A: Yes, it's up, but it won't be presented until the trial version is out.

Q: Is there any sort of place I can reach you beyond this forum?

A: Yes - we have our own Discord channel, but it's currently not available to the public. We plan to open it after the trial release, though.

Q: Can you show any actual proof that you're translating the game, aka images and stuff?

A: Whenever we can, for now I'll just say that it's something in progress.

Q: Can I donate to you?

A: Better buy the game, when the translation's out.

Q: Will you release a style guide (aka whether "we're taking out honorifics or not", let's get real)?

A: Yes, but once the project is nearer to completion.

Recruitment

Currently we are fully staffed and not in need of any additional help. If any new positions open up, we will inform about that.

Anyway, that's everything. We will update this topic as often, as possible.

If you have any questions, suggestions, critique or simply want to thank us, feel free to leave a reply!

Thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...

I haven't been posting much as of late and I have to apologise for that.

The common route is near completion, but we're stuck on TLC, since the last person we had bailed out unexpectedly. We're currently looking for someone reliable to help us finish the editing. That said, a number of project-related problems and life issues forced us to make a decision that we won't be translating the game any further. We plan to continue with everything we prepared so far and we will release the trial version of the game, which includes the entirety of the common route.

I understand many of you might feel surprised because of this decision, sadly it's something we have completely no impact on. I wish we could release the full game, but the amount of work required for it to happen simply exceeds our capabilities, not to mention it's been rather difficult to find any people seriously interested to help with the entire project.

We will still strive to release the trial version this year. One more time, I want to thank everyone involved with this project so far or previously, as well as anyone who cheered us on. It wouldn't be possible without you guys.

Stay tuned for more info.

Edited by Narcosis

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 9:03 PM, Narcosis said:

I haven't been posting much as of late and I have to apologise for that.

The common route is near completion, but we're stuck on TLC, since the last person we had bailed out unexpectedly. We're currently looking for someone reliable to help us finish the editing. That said, a number of project-related problems and life issues forced us to make a decision that we won't be translating the game any further. We plan to continue with everything we prepared so far and we will release the trial version of the game, which includes the entirety of the common route.

I understand many of you might feel surprised because of this decision, sadly it's something we have completely no impact on. I wish we could release the full game, but the amount of work required for it to happen simply exceeds our capabilities, not to mention it's been rather difficult to find any people seriously interested to help with the entire project.

We will still strive to release the trial version this year. One more time, I want to thank everyone involved with this project so far or previously, as well as anyone who cheered us on. It wouldn't be possible without you guys.

Stay tuned for more info.

N A N I ? !

I was looking forward to the translation but alas, real life issues should be given the priority. At least you get to release the common route translation, hopefully that may pique the 1nterest of other translators to finish this one.

Will you consider picking this up again once you've got everything settled out?

Good luck!

• 5 months later...

https://arcadeotic.wixsite.com/euphemictl/single-post/2018/12/03/Third-Party-Witness

TL;DR:

• Tenkiame got released on Steam by a publisher none of us have heard.
  • The quality is bad and it's quite evident that it's MTL-based.
  • None of us over at Euphemic TL and Nani TL are affiliated with any of this.
  • Any further attempts of fan-translation on this title has now been severed for good, given as it's an official release.

Thanks for following Nani and us for all this time, it's a sad day indeed, but alas, c'est la vie

I appreciate you all for reading this and goodbye from all of us, but you can still reach some of us from the Euphemic TL Discord server.

Farewell.

27 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Anyone know who this publisher is? Did they just randomly show up out of nowhere or have they butchered VNs before?

The publisher is listed on Steam as artlink. It appears to be their first game. Yet another company out to butcher VNs, I suppose ;v;

Edited by Alcorin

I was planning to write an reply, but Arcadeotic beat me to it. The translation project is officially dropped.

It's truly saddening, but there's not much we can do in case of an official translation, regardless of it's translation quality. From a personal standpoint, it truly feels like a part of me died inside; not exactly because I "wasted" more than a year working on something that will never bear actual fruit (I was prepared it might actually happen), but because the result betrays all of my expectations and hopes I ever had for this game, remaining a spit to our dignity as project members. Likewise, the translation Artlink presented some samples of is borderline acceptable at most, an horrifying in worst case. What I saw on the game's Steam webpage made me nauseous. I'm not going to judge anyone - whether you're going to support it or not is up to you. Remember though, that by supporting such half-assed efforts at publishing japanese games on the west, you're giving both creators and publishers a green sign such practices are accepted and you're open to translations with this level of quality, even better - you're willing to pay for them.

That is all. Feel free to discuss Artlink's release here, if you wish. I hope we'll meet again in more favourable situation.

13 hours ago, Alcorin said:

The publisher is listed on Steam as artlink. It appears to be their first game. Yet another company out to butcher VNs, I suppose ;v;

They're not really new, nor is this their first published game. It does seem like it's their first visual novel via Steam, though.

Edited by Narcosis