Please recommend some VN's based on my mentioned preferences!

serpentry

Recently started with VN's and I got totally hooked after playing the rance series.
I'm looking for some more in the same genre, preferably some humor mixed in.
There are only two things that I really need to be in it.. Some sort
of player interaction (really liked the strategy part in sengoku rance) and it has to be translated!
I will list below which I have played and enjoyed very much for example.

-Kamidori Alchemy Master
-Rance series
-Eiyuu Senki: The world conquest
-Tears to Tiara

Not a big list so far but hoping you guys can recommend some more based on these games.
Many thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, tymmur said:

And what do I do if I really want to read those without having to buy such hardware? It really sucks that such good titles aren't released for windows.

I don't know, honestly... It seems that's the catch with console exclusivity, and it seems like it also has the side-effect of making fan-translations less likely. 

17 hours ago, serpentry said:

Recently started with VN's and I got totally hooked after playing the rance series.
I'm looking for some more in the same genre, preferably some humor mixed in.
There are only two things that I really need to be in it.----->??O.O??. Some sort
of player interaction (really liked the strategy part in sengoku rance) and it has to be translated!
I will list below which I have played and enjoyed very much for example.

-Kamidori Alchemy Master
-Rance series
-Eiyuu Senki: The world conquest
-Tears to Tiara

Not a big list so far but hoping you guys can recommend some more based on these games.
Many thanks in advance!

Seems like you really like RPGs/SRPGs (Isn't tears to Tiara a PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics-type of game and not a VN?)

Will you be willing to play anything that's not a RPG/SRPG/SLG and VN hybrid? :blink:

Edited by phantomJS

8 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Seems like you really like RPGs/SRPGs (Isn't tears to Tiara a PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics-type of game and not a VN?)

Will you be willing to play anything that's not a RPG/SRPG/SLG and VN hybrid? :blink:

As long as the suggestions keep coming I am open to anything you could share!

It seems you know my preferences pretty well :)

I seconded Clephas's recommendations here, and while I'm at it I'll recommend Yumina as well. For more recommendations, I can recommend Daibanchou as well here seeing that it also have same element as both of Kichikuou Rance and Sengoku Rance. Also if you want easier battle, I think you can try Mamatoto as well although the story is quite cliche though. I hope my recommendations will be helpful to you.

PS (4/30) - I did forget to add Bunny Black here. For the info, it's gameplay VN as well with the MC (Darx) is almost resembled Rance. You can play the sequel as well (Also translated like the first Bunny Black).

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

I second LittleShogun recommendation for Yumina the Ethereal. It's quite funny and has a good storyline. Although, you have to play through it multiple times to unlock certain features. I'm sure you start at normal mode, unlock hard mode, and so on. (Correct me if I'm wrong) And harder modes gives you more to the story. Well.. the side story, not the main story. It's kinda hard to explain. Just know that harder modes give you more content.

Edited by Evoltion