Encoding compatible OGG files

Good afternoon, fellow readers.

I am translating Demonbane to my mother tongue, while creating a "Realta Nua" patch of sorts based on the PS2 version.

Well, "patch" is actually not the right word for it, since I am no programmer, nor hacker. I am coding the new stuff directly into the script, along with my translation.

The thing is, I can't put any of the PS2 tracks to work inside the VN. The engine is picky and the encoding of the OGG files probably must have a specific coding.

Can anyone give me any tips on what program should I use?

Here is a sample of a file that works (originally from the PC version) and a sample of a file that does not work inside the game (originally from the PS2 version).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bcsueg7kfvq431j/track_samples.zip

Aside from 44100hz and mono (which I already tried converting) there is nothing in the PC version that I can notice is different.

Thank you all in advance for any help you are able to provide!

Edit: Oh, just to let you know, I already tried using the methods below:

Wavepad, Audacity, OggdropXPd, online converting using both Vorbis and Opus coding

Edited by AstralSword

14 hours ago, tymmur said:

The bitrate of the PC version is 192 kb/s and the ps2 is just 112 kb/s. Most likely the engine is hardcoded to only work with 192 kb/s.

Oh, ok. I actually tried converting to 499kb/s for better quality. Heh, my loss.

Let me try this then. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

Demonbane just got announced ps2 port to pc lol

Wut? Please give me source. Unless it is my own project you are talking about and I am just plain dumb lol

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Aw.... Well, when it comes out, maybe I will try to adapt my translation into it. Until then, let me have my dream lol
Thanks for the info though. It is always good to see Demonbane getting some love from the industry.

15 hours ago, tymmur said:

The bitrate of the PC version is 192 kb/s and the ps2 is just 112 kb/s. Most likely the engine is hardcoded to only work with 192 kb/s.

Nope. After checking many converters, I reached the exact same values (and pretty much all of the others, from 64 to 500), but the file simply does not play inside the VN.  I will try overwriting one of the songs. Maybe the file names are hardcoded.

But if that is the case, then it is a no-no. I wanted to add new soundtracks, not change them altogether. I will keep you posted.

46 minutes ago, AstralSword said:

Nope. After checking many converters, I reached the exact same values (and pretty much all of the others, from 64 to 500), but the file simply does not play inside the VN.  I will try overwriting one of the songs. Maybe the file names are hardcoded.

But if that is the case, then it is a no-no. I wanted to add new soundtracks, not change them altogether. I will keep you posted.

The hell. The track's names are hard coded.

After I overwrote one of them with the same name, the very file that was not working before simply played out in the VN.

This is beyond what I asked help for in this topic, but anyone has any idea on how to "add" more name files to this list?

Edit: I feel like a dumb piece of---- You get it.

The names really were hard coded (I have no idea if that term can even be aplied here).

....But I managed to find the scripted file and add the name of the new track there. It is working now.
Thank you all for your help and time. I actually got my ogg files with real high quality after messing around with them for 3 days straight lol

Regarding the PS2 port to PC, it is still on the beginning stages, so it will take a while.

I kind of 'translated' the news so I could grasp at least a bit of it.

But, again, it is great Nitroplus did not forget this one. I would not have messed up with Demonbane if it wasn't awesome. Cheers!

Edited by AstralSword