Hoshizora no Memoria or Magical Marriage Lunatics?

All4One

Hello :)

Yesterday I finished Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. It was a decent VN. However the romance was just too short and I didn't like it that:

Spoiler

after each Confession the Protagonist starts to have sex with the Heroine... WTF?! I didn't like it....>.< 

Before I start to read the next VN. I am looking for another romance VN but with a better romance ...

Therefore I have a question about Hoshizora no Memoria and Magical Marriage Lunatics.

Does Hoshizora no Memoria has a good amount of romance or is it just a SoL VN? 
Is it worth at the moment? Or should I wait until SP fix the translation and release the Fan-Disc? 
Next week Magical Marriage Lunatics will be released. I liked Princess Evangile a lot but I don't know if it has a good amount of romance. I am pretty much interested in the Fox-Girl Route :D 
And I don't find any reviews. So does anybody read it already? 

Edited by All4One

4 minutes ago, All4One said:
Spoiler

after each Confession the Protagonist starts to have sex with the Heroine... WTF?! I didn't like it....>.< 

Come'on , it's Eroge pal :meguface: deal with it.  I don't like it too though :yumiko:

7 minutes ago, All4One said:

should I wait until SP fix the translation and release the Fan-Disc? 

I think you should wait.  I don't really like their current translation tbh. 

Since Magical Marriage Lunatics came from moonstone, I thought it could be great, And the "Lunatics" title got my attention :makina:

4 hours ago, Orakana Newbie said:

Since Magical Marriage Lunatics came from moonstone, I thought it could be great, And the "Lunatics" title got my attention :makina:

Agreed here. If you're going to only read the VN once, then may as well wait for the HoshiMemo fixes to come along - all the more so if you have other VNs you can read (or games/shows/entertainment to partake of). Assuming you don't have it yet you might even save a little bit of money doing so, since there are guaranteed to be sales on Steam in July and also Nov and Dec at the very least, so the VN should go on sale then.  

Seeing as it's the only other option you've given, I'd suggest Magical Marriage Lunatics as a result (like Orakana Newbie says they're from the devs of Princess Evangile) but perhaps wait for a little bit and see how the reviews are before making your purchase.  

5 hours ago, Orakana Newbie said:

Come'on , it's Eroge pal :meguface: deal with it.  I don't like it too though :yumiko:

26 minutes ago, snowbell55 said:

Agreed here. If you're going to only read the VN once, then may as well wait for the HoshiMemo fixes to come along - all the more so if you have other VNs you can read (or games/shows/entertainment to partake of). Assuming you don't have it yet you might even save a little bit of money doing so, since there are guaranteed to be sales on Steam in July and also Nov and Dec at the very least, so the VN should go on sale then.  

Seeing as it's the only other option you've given, I'd suggest Magical Marriage Lunatics as a result (like Orakana Newbie says they're from the devs of Princess Evangile) but perhaps wait for a little bit and see how the reviews are before making your purchase.  

Thank you, then I will wait for the new release of HoshiMemo together with the complete release of Ley Line 1-3.

How good is actually A Sky full of Stars or Hatsukoi 1/1
I didn't like If my Heart had Wings, the girls weren't interesting and the story was boring. Therefore I dropped it.
Is A Sky full of Stars better? 

I read some review's that the MC of Hatsukoi 1/1 is a complete hetare and just stupid. Is that true for every route?

The thing is that I am a little bit bored. At the moment I am studying a lot and I would like to read a good romance VN to relax after study. 
However I read pretty much every romance VN with a english translation besides:

- Rewrite --> Does it actually have a good amount of romance? Because it's from Key and they are famous for "nakige". 
- A Sky full of Stars
- Hatsukoi 1/1
- Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road --> I didn't like Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai... 
- To Heart 2 --> A little bit old but it looks good. Does it have a good romance/drama Story? There is also a girl who looks like Touma from White Album 2:wub:
- White Album 2 --> There is a group translating it but does anybody know if the translation is decent so far? 

I tried to read Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~ but it wasn't something for me. I don't like the MC and the girls. 

I think I just have to be patient and wait for new releases like Trinoline<3... 
I actually would love to read Clover Day's now but I don't know when or if the patch will ever be released.
Some people believe that maybe SP Secret Project 2 could be Clover Day's o_O

12 minutes ago, All4One said:

Thank you, then I will wait for the new release of HoshiMemo together with the complete release of Ley Line 1-3.

How good is actually A Sky full of Stars or Hatsukoi 1/1
I didn't like If my Heart had Wings, the girls weren't interesting and the story was boring. Therefore I dropped it.
Is A Sky full of Stars better? 

I read some review's that the MC of Hatsukoi 1/1 is a complete hetare and just stupid. Is that true for every route?

The thing is that I am a little bit bored. At the moment I am studying a lot and I would like to read a good romance VN to relax after study. 
However I read pretty much every romance VN with a english translation besides:

- Rewrite --> Does it actually have a good amount of romance? Because it's from Key and they are famous for "nakige". 
- A Sky full of Stars
- Hatsukoi 1/1
- Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road --> I didn't like Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai... 
- To Heart 2 --> A little bit old but it looks good. Does it have a good romance/drama Story? There is also a girl who looks like Touma from White Album 2:wub:
- White Album 2 --> There is a group translating it but does anybody know if the translation is decent so far? 

I tried to read Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~ but it wasn't something for me. I don't like the MC and the girls. 

I think I just have to be patient and wait for new releases like Trinoline<3... 
I actually would love to read Clover Day's now but I don't know when or if the patch will ever be released.
Some people believe that maybe SP Secret Project 2 could be Clover Day's o_O

A Sky Full of Stars is from MoeNovel. That says it all right there. Just wait for that group to add the h-scenes back into it before you read it.

Hatsukoi 1/1 personally bored me to death, but who knows what it'll do for you.

Tsujidou isn't like MajiKoi in a lot of ways, so I'd recommend giving it a shot and seeing if you like it.

The White Album 2 TL is garbage, almost machine TL levels of bad, so avoid it at all costs.

And for the original question, I haven't tried either, mainly because one isn't out and the other has a poor release, so wait until Magical Marriage Lunatics as Mangagamer almost always releases quality translations nowadays.

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

The White Album 2 TL is garbage, almost machine TL levels of bad, so avoid it at all costs.

And for the original question, I haven't tried either, mainly because one isn't out and the other has a poor release, so wait until Magical Marriage Lunatics as Mangagamer almost always releases quality translations nowadays.

Basically this!

I would love if Mangagamer would localize White Album 2. The problem is that the licence is very expensive and I don't know if we will ever get a proper translation.
White Album 2 is on the top of my wishlist besides Hosi Ori Yume Mirai and I think there are a lot of peope out there who would love to read White Album 2.
I even would buy a physical copy and I never do something like that for a VN... 
I watched the Anime and I really want to read Touma's route.(Yes I shipp Touma with the MC and I hate Setsuna!) Furthermore I hate that fucking cliffhanger at the end of the anime. I really want to know whats going to happen after the ~Introductory Chapter~. But at the moment it's just a dream that will or never will come true, sadly... 

However:

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/03/27/2018-licensing-survey-results-and-more/

It's on the top in those lists for a very long time and there is no annoucement for a licence so far. 
Mangagamer we are WAITING! 

But I am happy that we will get Trinoline and Hapymaher from Mangagamer but those VN's aren't White Album 2:vinty:

Edited by -soraa

7 minutes ago, -soraa said:

Basically this!

I would love if Mangagamer would localize White Album 2. The problem is that the licence is very expensive and I don't know if we will ever get a proper translation.
White Album 2 is on the top of my wishlist besides Hosi Ori Yume Mirai and I think there are a lot of peope out there who would love to read White Album 2.
I even would buy a physical copy and I never do something like that for a VN... 
I watched the Anime and I really want to read Touma's route. Furthermore I hate that fucking cliffhanger at the end of the anime. I really want to know whats going to happen after the ~Introductory Chapter~. But at the moment it's just a dream that will or never will come true, sadly... 

However:

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/03/27/2018-licensing-survey-results-and-more/

It's on the top in those lists for a very long time and there is no annoucement for a licence. 
Mangagamer we are WAITING! 

But I am happy that we will get Trinoline and Hapymaher from Mangagamer but those VN's aren't White Album 2:vinty:

There are many factors people don't consider about those licensing surveys. 

1. Aquaplus already have a licensing deal with Atlus and nobody actually knows how that partnership works or if anybody can still get a license from Aquaplus.
  2. The White Album 2 license apparently costs a lot and that's a big hurdle for any VN company because the VN isn't guaranteed to sell in the end.
  3. The translators at Mangagamer do have some input with whatever gets licensed and we can't do anything about it if none of them is interested.
  4. Mangagamer doesn't pay their translators as much as other companies do and White Album 2 is, according to TLWiki, around 70,000 lines and I don't think low pay for that many lines would be worth it to a lot of translators.

This is why I don't think White Album 2 will be localized by Mangagamer. It's unfortunate, but White Album 2 has been near the top of that list for a few years now and nothing has happened, most likely due to one or more of those circumstances.

32 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

There are many factors people don't consider about those licensing surveys. 

1. Aquaplus already have a licensing deal with Atlus and nobody actually knows how that partnership works or if anybody can still get a license from Aquaplus.
  2. The White Album 2 license apparently costs a lot and that's a big hurdle for any VN company because the VN isn't guaranteed to sell in the end.
  3. The translators at Mangagamer do have some input with whatever gets licensed and we can't do anything about it if none of them is interested.
  4. Mangagamer doesn't pay their translators as much as other companies do and White Album 2 is, according to TLWiki, around 70,000 lines and I don't think low pay for that many lines would be worth it to a lot of translators.

This is why I don't think White Album 2 will be localized by Mangagamer. It's unfortunate, but White Album 2 has been near the top of that list for a few years now and nothing has happened, most likely due to one or more of those circumstances.

I know besides 4, didn't know that the pay is low. 

However let me ask you a different question: Is there any other english VN publisher who will actually bring out White Album 2? 
Just as you said there are many factors but at the moment I think that White Album 2 is just a dream for the people in the west. 

Personally I believe until machine translation becomes really good I don't think we will ever get WA2 in english. 

PS: You name is so funny. Sometimes I have to laugh :P 

Edited by -soraa

9 minutes ago, -soraa said:

I know besides 4, didn't know that the pay is low. 

However let me ask you a different question: Is there any other english VN publisher who will actually bring out White Album 2? 
Just as you said there are many factors but at the moment I think that White Album 2 is just a dream for the people in the west. 

Personally I believe until machine translation becomes really good I don't think we will ever get WA2 in english. 

PS: You name is so funny. Sometimes I have to laugh :P 

Honestly, the most likely company is Sekai Project currently, but honestly, I can't imagine many companies haven't tried licensing White Album 2 already. So it's highly unlikely in the next few years, but with its popularity, it should probably be localized eventually.

19 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Honestly, the most likely company is Sekai Project currently, but honestly, I can't imagine many companies haven't tried licensing White Album 2 already. So it's highly unlikely in the next few years, but with its popularity, it should probably be localized eventually.

Well, we are already waiting for years so some more years won't hurt. The hope dies last.

I thought you will say Sekai Project and well, I agree with you.

But maybe there will be some suprises this or next year, hopefully.

Edited by -soraa

HatsuKoi, well I admit that the MC himself can be a big hurdle if you dislike hetare MC. But still I would recommend you to try it over Miagete (A Sky Full of Stars), because from what I saw in the review Miagete is more or less like Konosora. Oh, as for HatsuKoi MC he's at his worst on both of Yukino's and Runa's routes, otherwise I think he's quite normal one.

If you dislike Majikoi, then I suggest you to avoid Tsujidou because the tone is more or less the same (It's still have some difference though like VirginSmasher said). Simple as that.

For ToHeart 2, I think the romance itselves are pretty much standard one. Then again it's 2005 VN, so yeah. Oh, both of White Album 2 and To Heart 2 was released by same company (Leaf), and the company problem is that they recently prefer to release their VN in console only which is not good for anyone else who didn't own the console.

As for the topic, while Hoshimemo itself did have some problem with the story, I still prefer that over Marriage because at least Hoshimemo's setting was not as ridiculuous as Marriage. As for which translation, I think you better use the fan version one because at least you didn't need to deal with the untranslated text. Oh and if you didn't like Hoshimemo, at least it mean that Marriage will be your taste then.

As far as I know about Rewrite, the storyline is vastly different from usual KEY VN, so the romance will be less significant compared to their previous VN. Oh and it also have some action in the story.

Edited by littleshogun

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

HatsuKoi, well I admit that the MC himself can be a big hurdle if you dislike hetare MC. But still I would recommend you to try it over Miagete (A Sky Full of Stars), because from what I saw in the review Miagete is more or less like Konosora. Oh, as for HatsuKoi MC he's at his worst on both of Yukino's and Runa's routes, otherwise I think he's quite normal one.

If you dislike Majikoi, then I suggest you to avoid Tsujidou because the tone is more or less the same (It's still have some difference though like VirginSmasher said). Simple as that.

For ToHeart 2, I think the romance itselves are pretty much standard one. Then again it's 2005 VN, so yeah. Oh, both of White Album 2 and To Heart 2 was released by same company (Leaf), and the company problem is that they recently prefer to release their VN in console only which is not good for anyonw else who dudn't own the console.

As for the topic, while Hoshimemo itself did have some problem with the story, I still prefer that over Marriage because at least Hoshimemo's setting was not as ridiculuous as Marriage. As for which translation, I think you better use the fan version one because at least you didn't need to deal with the untranslated text. Oh and if you didn't like Hoshimemo, at least it mean that Marriage will be your taste then.

As far as I know about Rewrite, the storyline is vastly different from usual KEY VN, so the romance will be less significant compared to their previous VN. Oh and it also have some action in the story.

Thank you!

I am actually only interessted in Midori's route in Hatsukoi 1/1 and if the MC is only bad in Yukino's and Runa's route, then maybe I will give a try.

However which one of those 3 VN has a good amount of romance and not a little bit? I also love drama and I don't have a problem with this genre. But I would like if the romance wasn't short or a sub-genre >.< I loved Princess Evangile (good amount of  romance, nice drama and good a MC)
1. HoshiMemo
2. Hatsukoi 1/1
3. Magical Marriage Lunatics

Edited by All4One

1 hour ago, All4One said:

However which one of those 3 VN has a good amount of romance and not a little bit? I also love drama and I don't have a problem with this genre. But I would like if the romance wasn't short or a sub-genre >.< I loved Princess Evangile (good amount of  romance, nice drama and good a MC)

1. HoshiMemo
2. Hatsukoi 1/1
3. Magical Marriage Lunatics

Answer to your Q: 1 and 2

For Hatsukoi, the story is shaped like a (long) soap opera (Runa's route is seriously the most over-dramatised shit I had ever read in any books or VNs) and it's sort of draggy (like a soap opera). Go in only if you like / can stand this kind of thing.

Not played MML yet (eagerly waiting for it's release on the 26th), but from the looks of things it's a rom-com. I actually think you should play this one instead of Hoshi as it's from the company and Princess Evangile with the same scenario writer:)

16 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

A Sky Full of Stars is from MoeNovel. That says it all right there.

The TL is far better than any of their other titles though. Come on, give credit where it's due (even if it's shitnovel we are talking about) :makina:

Edited by phantomJS

3 hours ago, All4One said:

I am actually only interessted in Midori's route in Hatsukoi 1/1 and if the MC is only bad in Yukino's and Runa's route, then maybe I will give a try.

Can't say anything about Midori's route as I just started it, but for the other routes definitely read Maya and Kyou's (esp. Maya as she's the best). The drama on there routes aren't too bad except for little portions. For Yukino I say read the 1st half as its really cute and fluffy, but once the drama starts just skip to the end and read the last scene with them (̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶Y̶u̶u̶m̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶)̶. Only read Runa's if you're one who gets sexual pleasure from reading horribly written excuses for drama with little to no fluff and the longest route in the vn on top of that. Also if you like Yukino then you're REALLY, aren't gonna like her after Runa's route. Long story short, Runa deserved a better route.

34 minutes ago, MeguminBlast said:

Can't say anything about Midori's route as I just started it, but for the other routes definitely read Maya and Kyou's (esp. Maya as she's the best). The drama on there routes aren't too bad except for little portions. For Yukino I say read the 1st half as its really cute and fluffy, but once the drama starts just skip to the end and read the last scene with them (̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶Y̶u̶u̶m̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶)̶. Only read Runa's if you're one who gets sexual pleasure from reading horribly written excuses for drama with little to no fluff and the longest route in the vn on top of that. Also if you like Yukino then you're REALLY, aren't gonna like her after Runa's route. Long story short, Runa deserved a better route.

I don't care about Runa and Yukino. I don't like Loli's and I think Yukino is your typical childhood friend... 
Therefore I won't read their route and I am not really interested in them.

However I am curious about Modri's and Maya's route. But I heard that the MC is also really stupid in Maya's route, true? 

2 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Answer to your Q: 1 and 2

For Hatsukoi, the story is shaped like a (long) soap opera (Runa's route is seriously the most over-dramatised shit I had ever read in any books or VNs) and it's sort of draggy (like a soap opera). Go in only if you like / can stand this kind of thing.

Not played MML yet (eagerly waiting for it's release on the 26th), but from the looks of things it's a rom-com. I actually think you should play this one instead of Hoshi as it's from the company and Princess Evangile with the same scenario writer:)

Oh, so your are also waiting for MML :)

I never watched a soap opera, that's why I don't know what you exactly mean. 
I won't read Runa's route anyway, because I don't like lolis.