Jump to content
Happiness+

If you are reading this....

Recommended Posts

If you can keep your head when all about you
   Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
   But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
   Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
   And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
   If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
   And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
   Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
   And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
   And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
   And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
   To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
   Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
   Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
   If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
   Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Orakana Newbie said:

and tomorrow I have exam :meguface: ... math .... physics ... and fckin P.E 

P.E exam? I never tried that. The closest thing was a PE teacher who didn't bother to keep track of how well each student performed. Instead we just had to run for 12 minutes and count how many rounds you could make on the track. The higher the count, the higher the grade. Most students hated it, but I was thinking like "it's just 12 minutes and it always give me a better grade than my general performance would provide". Back then I trained running daily. I called the training game "catching the bus".

Math and physics. While I generally view those as fun topics, they quickly lose the fun part when approaching any kind of test.

 

Good luck with your exams.

 

EDIT: actually "fckin P.E". Somehow I suspect what you are talking about is less adult than you make it sound like. "f*ing physical exercise" sounds like fun.

Edited by tymmur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tymmur said:

we just had to run for 12 minutes and count how many rounds you could make on the track. The higher the count, the higher the grade. Most students hated it, but I was thinking like "it's just 12 minutes and it always give me a better grade than my general performance would provide

Same with us, but it's just one of many other things we need to do to get the perfect score for our exams. We need to repeat some of the sports we've played. Such as Basketball, volleyball, and soccer. Besides practice Exam,  we need to memorize tons of theory (Like how to handle the ball, field size , and remembering some troublesome rules) . We do it repeatedly since primary school .... :amane:

5 hours ago, tymmur said:

Back then I trained running daily. I called the training game "catching the bus".

You're just LATE moron :reeee:

 

5 hours ago, tymmur said:

Math and physics. While I generally view those as fun topics,

The smart one will never can understand us, the stupid one... :leecher:

6 hours ago, tymmur said:

actually "fckin P.E". Somehow I suspect what you are talking about is less adult than you make it sound like. "f*ing physical exercise" sounds like fun.

wha...! I didn't do that on purpose, I'm still a pure virgin ! :reeee: ... sadly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Orakana Newbie said:

You're just LATE moron :reeee:

So I should leave earlier.... interesting proposal to leave before class ended :yumiko:

You are not one of those who naively believe public transport runs at the time you need it to run, do you?

8 minutes ago, Orakana Newbie said:

The smart one will never can understand us, the stupid one... :leecher:

One line ago, I was a moron, now I'm smart. I wonder when I will be stupid. Besides I'm luckily not one of those who aced everything and can understand everything in the book in no time. As much as I wanted to be one at one point, I have seen how that turns out. Once it get really hard, those used to high grades with ease tend to hit a wall and with limited experience in working on studying something, which doesn't just come on its own, but really requires a lot of work, they end up not doing well. Those joining the university with really high grades have a higher risk of dropping out than those with average grades (average of those actually getting in, that is). You should be happy you learn to gain knowledge even if it doesn't seem like a good thing while you study.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tymmur said:

You are not one of those who naively believe public transport runs at the time you need it to run, do you?

How could I know ? I never Use Public transport before ... Seriously :vinty:

5 minutes ago, tymmur said:

One line ago, I was a moron, now I'm smart.

Nah, I didn't meant you really a Moron. It's just a little tsukkomi. 

11 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Besides I'm luckily not one of those who aced everything and can understand everything in the book in no time. As much as I wanted to be one at one point, I have seen how that turns out. Once it get really hard, those used to high grades with ease tend to hit a wall and with limited experience in working on studying something, which doesn't just come on its own, but really requires a lot of work, they end up not doing well. Those joining the university with really high grades have a higher risk of dropping out than those with average grades (average of those actually getting in, that is). You should be happy you learn to gain knowledge even if it doesn't seem like a good thing while you study.

You have the point, wait, it's not like I hate study in general, I just don't like P.E, physics, and math specially.

My grade not that bad, I pretty great at another subject, such as Computer, History, and Economic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×