Hello!!

☆Ayase☆

15 hours ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

Nice to meet you everyone! (´・ω・`)

I'm a shy girl from Japan looking to expand my knowledge about eroge overseas. I noticed that lots of eroge is now not aimed at Japan but overseas too so I'm here to research that together with my search for new friends. Japan only has BBS and twitter for eroge and no real forum like this so I'm looking to find new friends here (*´ω`*) I'd like to use twitter too but don't want to use my real twitter for that because my parent will know I play eroge then. ( ;∀;) I played eroge for 2 years (my brother's stuff but now finally last December I was able to buy my first own eroge! o( ❛ᴗ❛ )o

Hope we can get along m(_ _"m)

Cute gif below

Reveal hidden contents

RzgNZu5.gif

=_= my skepticism meter is UPTOHERE. I DEMAND A PICTURE OF YOU HOLDING TODAY'S PAPER STANDING AT THE LOCAL SUBWAY STATION. 

6 hours ago, milkteebaby said:

=_= my skepticism meter is UPTOHERE. I DEMAND A PICTURE OF YOU HOLDING TODAY'S PAPER STANDING AT THE LOCAL SUBWAY STATION. 

The way she dodged all questions about hentai in "what are you playing" thread makes me think she ideed is a Japanese girl that cares deeply about her cute public image. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

15 minutes ago, milkteebaby said:

No one is ever that cute in real life.

That's a very strong statement. It might be true that no one is this cute at a closer inspection, but I'm very much sure that there are people capable of maintaining absurdly cute personas pretty effectively. And if anyone would bother to do that it would be teenage Japanese girls. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

15 hours ago, Weiterfechten said:

I am curious, can you tell me what I got wrong? It is always good to be corrected after doing something grammatically wrong, since that way you can correct what is wrong in the future. 

You should use more particles. Right now there is "no" grammar used.

8 hours ago, Riku said:

ようこそ!他の人は日本語を使ったし、それに一応ボクも留学生ですから、ちょっと日本語を使ってみたかったです。

Anyway, back to English. To be honest I'm not really active on this forum and usually don't welcome people, but I wanted to ask a few questions, so here I am.

So, like I said, I'm currently an exchange student (at Kumamoto University if you're curious). For the first semester (well, more like second for Japanese students) I was entirely in classes composed of exchange students and didn't really have the opportunity to talk with Japanese people. I could have gone to a club/circle, but I'm just too lazy to go to one. (my timetable wasn't the best either, would need to wait hours before it starts, or go back home then back to university when it's time)

Anyway, I didn't really talk with Japanese people. But this semester is different as I took a few general classes and I'm now with Japanese students. I might not even talk with them, but just in case I wanted to ask: what do you think their impression would be of a foreigner (French by the way) who learnt, and is still learning, Japanese just for reading/playing light novels/visual novels/games/etc...?

In manga it's always played comically, by I wonder if in reality it would be the same. Which also leads me to my second question:

Are otaku, or just people liking these kind of things, really not well seen in Japan? And are you, your parents aside, open about your hobbies with your friends and acquaintances? (even if not going as far to say you also play eroge)

Sorry for all the questions, it's just easier to ask that to you, who like the same things, than a random Japanese who would be creeped out by a a foreigner asking that to him/her out of the blue. (^^;

I think they will be happy to know you learned Japanese for our culture (mangabunka)! Manga and light novels and games are pretty normal so I think those are okay but eroge is more on the darker side I think... (^^;

Otaku don't really have too good image because many are neets...

I talk to my friends a lot about shoujo manga but eroge I don't really have anyone to talk about that... Only small otaku friend circle... (^^;

Shoujo manga is very much more normal

7 hours ago, milkteebaby said:

I can try to take a pic later this week when I go to buy new games... If I remember... (^^;

1 hour ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

I can try to take a pic later this week when I go to buy new games... If I remember... (^^;

Make sure you stop by the subway station and buy a copy of the Mainichi Shimbun. 

Srsly, though, may I ask where you're in, in Japan? I have relatives in Beppu, Oita and go to see them fairly regularly (Beppu has the best onsen south of Osaka).

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That's a very strong statement. It might be true that no one is this cute at a closer inspection, but I'm very much sure that there are people capable of maintaining absurdly cute personas pretty effectively. And if anyone would bother to do that it would be teenage Japanese girls. :P

Actually, most teenage JP girls I've met (I taught/tutored English in JP during my summer breaks for extra cash) are jaded AF. They made 20 year old college me feel like I was ten. (Although I looked ten, so w/e.)

1 hour ago, milkteebaby said:

Make sure you stop by the subway station and buy a copy of the Mainichi Shimbun. 

Srsly, though, may I ask where you're in, in Japan? I have relatives in Beppu, Oita and go to see them fairly regularly (Beppu has the best onsen south of Osaka).

I'm from Hokkaidou but won't say more (^^♪

19 hours ago, Weiterfechten said:

I am curious, can you tell me what I got wrong? It is always good to be corrected after doing something grammatically wrong, since that way you can correct what is wrong in the future. 

Like Ayase said:

4 hours ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

You should use more particles. Right now there is "no" grammar used.

You also used a pretty strange mix of forms, like なさい, which really isn't used when speaking to strangers. (Especially not when you are trying to come off as polite. なさい is very commanding, like "do this!", so using it mixed with long forms makes the sentence a little confusing. ならば is also a bit strange. Bit too stiff, maybe? You don't really hear people use stuff like that in normal spoken Japanese.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Like Ayase said:

You also used a pretty strange mix of forms, like なさい, which really isn't used when speaking to strangers. (Especially not when you are trying to come off as polite. なさい is very commanding, like "do this!", so using it mixed with long forms makes the sentence a little confusing. ならば is also a bit strange. Bit too stiff, maybe? You don't really hear people use stuff like that in normal spoken Japanese.

Ok thanks! Hmm... I will think about that before doing that again, it certainly was not my intention to come off as rude, but then again you never learn if you don't dare to make mistakes. If you were to formulate the same sentence with the meaning of something like; "Welcome. There aren't a lot of Japenese people on here, right? If you want recommendations for VNs then go ahead and use the recommendations subforum", then how would you write it if you do not mind me asking? 

Btw. sorry if I come off as pushy asking for help all the time, I am just trying to learn.

2 hours ago, Weiterfechten said:

Ok thanks! Hmm... I will think about that before doing that again, it certainly was not my intention to come off as rude, but then again you never learn if you don't dare to make mistakes. If you were to formulate the same sentence with the meaning of something like; "Welcome. There aren't a lot of Japenese people on here, right? If you want recommendations for VNs then go ahead and use the recommendations subforum", then how would you write it if you do not mind me asking? 

Btw. sorry if I come off as pushy asking for help all the time, I am just trying to learn.

I'm pretty bad at translating someone else's English into Japanese, so it is far from perfect: :P

ようこそ!
ここ、日本人のユーザーは少ないですね。(I use a comma to mark a natural stop, instead of putting a particle like で or には, as it just sounds better to me that way. This is an example of a less stiff, yet still polite sentence.)
他のメンバーのおすすめが聞きたいなら、ここで沢山ありますよ!(Insert link to the recommendation forum)

We probably shouldn't completely hog this thread though, so if you want some more help, feel free to send me a PM!

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

I'm pretty bad at translating someone else's English into Japanese, so it is far from perfect: :P

ようこそ!
ここ、日本人のユーザーは少ないですね。(I use a comma to mark a natural stop, instead of putting a particle like で or には, as it just sounds better to me that way. This is an example of a less stiff, yet still polite sentence.)
他のメンバーのおすすめが聞きたいなら、ここで沢山ありますよ!(Insert link to the recommendation forum)

We probably shouldn't completely hog this thread though, so if you want some more help, feel free to send me a PM!

Thanks!

On 22/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, ☆Ayase☆ said:

I'm from Hokkaidou but won't say more (^^♪

If the mentality of the people of Hokkaidou is even remotely like it is in Snow Sakura, then it sounds like an awesome place. What I know of the place from outside VNs is not bad either, maybe except the risk of heavy snowfall and seismic activity. It doesn't strike me as a place with a lot of otakus as I suspect that is more of a big city thing, but then again Hatsune Miku apparently had a concert in Sapporo, which was full of people, meaning there has to be some people with such interests.