Hello!!

☆Ayase☆

Nice to meet you everyone! (´・ω・`)

I'm a shy girl from Japan looking to expand my knowledge about eroge overseas. I noticed that lots of eroge is now not aimed at Japan but overseas too so I'm here to research that together with my search for new friends. Japan only has BBS and twitter for eroge and no real forum like this so I'm looking to find new friends here (*´ω`*) I'd like to use twitter too but don't want to use my real twitter for that because my parent will know I play eroge then. ( ;∀;) I played eroge for 2 years (my brother's stuff but now finally last December I was able to buy my first own eroge! o( ❛ᴗ❛ )o

Hope we can get along m(_ _"m)

Cute gif below

Spoiler

RzgNZu5.gif

Edited by Dergonu

Just now, ☆Ayase☆ said:

Nice to meet you everyone! (´・ω・`)

I'm a shy girl from Japan looking to expand my knowledge about eroge overseas. I noticed that lots of eroge is now not aimed at Japan but overseas too so I'm here to research that together with my search for new friends. Japan only has BBS and twitter for eroge and no real forum like this so I'm looking to find new friends here (*´ω`*) I'd like to use twitter too but don't want to use my real twitter for that because my parent will know I play eroge then. ( ;∀;) I played eroge for 2 years (my brother's stuff but now finally last December I was able to buy my first own eroge! o( ❛ᴗ❛ )o

Hope we can get along m(_ _"m)

Reveal hidden contents

RzgNZu5.gif

Welcome and bienvenue to Not2ChannelForum, please take a seat in this pretty weird community.

31 minutes ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

Thanks for the warm welcome (*´ω`*)

I mostly play moege but I have tried some horror too but too scared (^^;

I also noticed that my picture got hidden under some tag. Is there some rules for that (。´・ω・)?

Rapidly moving pictures, gifs, are best put under a spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Like this one.

This is mostly for users' comfort.

It's in the rules (under Thread Rules),

but yours isn't that bad.
If it wasn't you who put it in a spoiler tag, a moderator probably did it just in case.

Welcome!

英語上手ですね!自分で勉強していますか?私は日本で留学したとき、英語が話せる学生はあまりなくて、こんなに上手になるには沢山勉強が必要でしょう?すごい!(/・ω・)/

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

If it wasn't you who put it in a spoiler tag, a moderator probably did it just in case.

'Twas me. I forgot to mark it so people could see who edited the post. Whopsie!

4 hours ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

I played eroge for 2 years (my brother's stuff but now finally last December I was able to buy my first own eroge! o( ❛ᴗ❛ )o

Something I have wondered about for a while is how common it is for girls in Japan under the age of 18 to play eroge. Many anime have had female characters under the age of 18 play eroge, some examples being, Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Konata Izumi from Lucky☆Star, Momo Belia Deviluke from To Love-Ru and Konoha Hoshinomori from Gamers! just to mention a few. So I wonder if you as a japanese girl that started reading eroge before you were 18 know if this is something that is more common than one might expect or if it is just something people making VNs, lightnovels, manga and anime put into their work because they like the idea of it. Of course I know that this might be a bit difficult to answer, but just wanted to ask out of curiosity.

I gues I should also say welcome

Edited by bakauchuujin

1 hour ago, Ranzo said:

So what's your favorite Visual Novel then?

That would be Mashiroiro Symphony! ヾ(≧▽≦)ノ

26 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Welcome!

英語上手ですね!自分で勉強していますか?私は日本で留学したとき、英語が話せる学生はあまりなくて、こんなに上手になるには沢山勉強が必要でしょう?すごい!(/・ω・)/

'Twas me. I forgot to mark it so people could see who edited the post. Whopsie!

てんきゅてんきゅ~(*´ω`*)
そっすね、勉強にかなり気合を入れましたね・・・海外のドラマを見たりとかあってましたですね。っていうか留学なんてすごいですね

oopsie woopsieってやつか

2 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Something I have wondered about for a while is how common it is for girls in Japan under the age of 18 to play eroge. Many anime have had female characters under the age of 18 play eroge, some examples being, Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Konata Izumi from Lucky☆Star, Momo Belia Deviluke from To Love-Ru and Konoha Hoshinomori from Gamers! just to mention a few. So I wonder if you as a japanese girl that started reading eroge before you were 18 know if this is something that is more common than one might expect or if it is just something people making VNs, lightnovels, manga and anime put into their work because they like the idea of it. Of course I know that this might be a bit difficult to answer, but just wanted to ask out of curiosity.

I gues I should also say welcome

Sorry but I have no idea how common it is! I don't really have otaku friends either... (^ ^; )

But I think it would be pretty normal to gain interest in eroge too after playing galge! Just getting eroge is very hard when you are not 18 so I think it is very rare.

Girls playing eroge in anime is more like "otoko no roman" I think...

47 minutes ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

てんきゅてんきゅ~(*´ω`*)
そっすね、勉強にかなり気合を入れましたね・・・海外のドラマを見たりとかあってましたですね。っていうか留学なんてすごいですね

oopsie woopsieってやつか

いいですね!(^ω^) ありがとう!私も日本語の勉強頑張ります!まだまだですけどね…(/ω\)

If you run into any issues on the forum, don't hesitate to send me a message! (/・ω・)/

28 minutes ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

???

Fair. Hmm... 二回目

私の日本語は本当に悪いです。申し訳ありません。日本人このフォールムには珍しいですね、ってこと告げたい。あなたVNオススメ欲しいのならばRecommendationサブフォーラムを使いなさい。

Mandatory translation of my bad JP: "My Japanese is really bad. I am sorry. It is rare for Japanese people to use this forum, right? If you want any recommendations for VNs, please use the Recommendations sub forum."

Edited by Weiterfechten

1 hour ago, ☆Ayase☆ said:

???

Among the western VN fanbase there are a lot of people who want to learn japanese, many of which work on japanese by themselves. Because of this there are probably many who don't have much experience with actually writing and talking in japanese, instead they have mostly practised reading. These people probably want to try to use their japanese knowledge when it is possible. It should probably not be unexpected that at least one person who isn't that good at japanese grammar would try to reply in japanese on this thread.

Edited by bakauchuujin

54 minutes ago, Weiterfechten said:

Fair. Hmm... 二回目

私の日本語は本当に悪いです。申し訳ありません。日本人このフォールムには珍しいですね、ってこと告げたい。あなたVNオススメ欲しいのならばRecommendationサブフォーラムを使いなさい。

Mandatory translation of my bad JP: "My Japanese is really bad. I am sorry. It is rare for Japanese people to use this forum, right? If you want any recommendations for VNs, please use the Recommendations sub forum."

Oh, no need to apologize...

It was just me that didn't understand what VN meant but I figured it out (^^;

58 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

It should probably not be unexpected that at least one person who isn't that good at japanese grammar would try to reply in japanese on this thread.

I am curious, can you tell me what I got wrong? It is always good to be corrected after doing something grammatically wrong, since that way you can correct what is wrong in the future. 

Edited by Weiterfechten

2 minutes ago, Weiterfechten said:

I am curious, can you tell what I got wrong? It is always good to be corrected after doing something grammatically wrong, since that way you can correct what is wrong in the future. Something I have come to appreciate in learning English and everyone being angry at certain grammar mistakes (than, then etc.), which helped.

I am not that good at japanese grammar myself so I couldn't really spot any mistakes myself, I just assumed based on Ayase not understanding you, this was before she said that it was VN she didn't understand. 

ようこそ!他の人は日本語を使ったし、それに一応ボクも留学生ですから、ちょっと日本語を使ってみたかったです。

Anyway, back to English. To be honest I'm not really active on this forum and usually don't welcome people, but I wanted to ask a few questions, so here I am.

So, like I said, I'm currently an exchange student (at Kumamoto University if you're curious). For the first semester (well, more like second for Japanese students) I was entirely in classes composed of exchange students and didn't really have the opportunity to talk with Japanese people. I could have gone to a club/circle, but I'm just too lazy to go to one. (my timetable wasn't the best either, would need to wait hours before it starts, or go back home then back to university when it's time)

Anyway, I didn't really talk with Japanese people. But this semester is different as I took a few general classes and I'm now with Japanese students. I might not even talk with them, but just in case I wanted to ask: what do you think their impression would be of a foreigner (French by the way) who learnt, and is still learning, Japanese just for reading/playing light novels/visual novels/games/etc...?

In manga it's always played comically, by I wonder if in reality it would be the same. Which also leads me to my second question:

Are otaku, or just people liking these kind of things, really not well seen in Japan? And are you, your parents aside, open about your hobbies with your friends and acquaintances? (even if not going as far to say you also play eroge)

Sorry for all the questions, it's just easier to ask that to you, who like the same things, than a random Japanese who would be creeped out by a a foreigner asking that to him/her out of the blue. (^^;