Jump to content

What Site Work Would You Like To See?

Please consider taking this survey (Link) and let me know what you want to see fixed/improved upon across the various Fuwanovel sites. Your feedback will determine my work priorities this Summer/Fall. (Forum Post)

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Happiness+

What was the worst online argument you ever been in?

Recommended Posts

I once spent the entire afternoon arguing with @Nosebleed because of the :objection: emoticon.
When the forums were originally looking for submissions for emoticons, somebody else suggested a different objection one, but it was slightly larger horizontally, and Nosebleed thought it was too large. We spent a bunch of time with me arguing that horizontal length in emoticons like these is way less relevant than vertical height and etc. etc.
I have no idea how we got so heated over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Every single "Trap's aren't gay" argument that people make despite it being obvious that if you want to fuck a person with a penis, you are either gay or bisexual.

 

6 minutes ago, Fiddle said:

Every single "Trap's are gay" argument that people make despite it being obvious that if the trap has sufficiently feminine features apart from her genitals, you are totally straight.

Both of you are wrong. There's nothing straighter than a dick<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I would call it an argument, but I was once in a chat where somebody announced his mother had stolen his money again and this time would be the last. He had found a knife in the kitchen and announced he was about to kill her. I spent nearly two hours talking him out of it. That night rank fairly high on my list of horrible experiences, mainly because I didn't know how it would end. As far as I know, the person in question might not even know what a VN is and as such is not somebody here.

 

I can't really point to any arguments as such, at least not in the VN community. I suspect it's because starting arguments most of the time end up as either I don't really care enough to argue or I can deliver the winning argument before it really gets started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Every single "Trap's aren't gay" argument that people make despite it being obvious that if you want to fuck a person with a penis, you are either gay or bisexual.

no. There are many trans women who still have a penis, there are trans men who don't, and there are many conditions where a person can have each organ. There should be no relation between sexuality and a reproductional organ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I mean, dicks go into vaginas. That's straight as hell.

Actually the insides of vaginas are not straight. The penis actually bends when pushed inside. Oddly enough none of the genders feel this, but doctors and their lust for knowing the insides of the body have actually used x-ray to locate the precise shape and location of the vagina while in use. They said something about helping people with dysfunction, but we all know they just wanted to get funded to pay somebody to do it in the x-ray machine right in front of them :sachi:

17 minutes ago, Fiddle said:

Every single "Trap's are gay" argument that people make despite it being obvious that if the trap has sufficiently feminine features apart from her genitals, you are totally straight.

If we try to be objective about this, if a man wants to put his penis inside an anus of another person and that person has a penis, but no vagina, then it seems to match the criteria for homosexuality. I don't know how clothing or facial features could fit into an objective classification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fiddle said:

Let us all argue more. It will be the worst online argument I've ever been in.

There is no need for that anymore.

37 minutes ago, tymmur said:

I suspect it's because starting arguments most of the time end up as either I don't really care enough to argue or I can deliver the winning argument before it really gets started.

I think I did it again.

24 minutes ago, tymmur said:

If we try to be objective about this, if a man wants to put his penis inside an anus of another person and that person has a penis, but no vagina, then it seems to match the criteria for homosexuality. I don't know how clothing or facial features could fit into an objective classification.

Have fun trying to figure out how to argue that this statement is wrong :wahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tymmur said:

Have fun trying to figure out how to argue that this statement is wrong :wahaha:

challenge accepted. :holo: 

 

the attraction to traps is because of their feminine features, not masculine ones. i posed this scenario to virginsmasher once and may have destroyed him. :makina:  but i will use it again here for the sake of the argument. i pose a scenario for you. 

 

here we have two people. i ask simply this to you, tymmur, which one would you rather have sex with? this person?
 

Spoiler

tertertert.jpg

or this person?

Spoiler

a4d28e8c39224d0b914db7b0197597c3.jpg

choose carefully. :makina: 

 

and do choose and not bail out, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

the attraction to traps is because of their feminine features, not masculine ones. i posed this scenario to virginsmasher once and may have destroyed him. :makina:  but i will use it again here for the sake of the argument. i pose a scenario for you. 

 

here we have two people. i ask simply this to you, tymmur, which one would you rather have sex with?

That's a flawed approach as you are investigating the sexuality of a person. It will not tell anything about the definition itself. It doesn't matter who I pick or if I pick any at all. The definition is still the same.

3 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

BOTH!!! :reeee:

See. Traps are indeed a sub section of yaoi.

 

I don't want to debate this pointless topic. I would rather go back on topic and read what kind of arguments people will mention and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tymmur said:

That's a flawed approach as you are investigating the sexuality of a person. It will not tell anything about the definition itself. It doesn't matter who I pick or if I pick any at all. The definition is still the same.

See. Traps are indeed a sub section of yaoi.

 

I don't want to debate this pointless topic. I would rather go back on topic and read what kind of arguments people will mention and why.

nice cop out. :makina: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much anyone who hates on English dubs for either outdated reasons (many of them have likely not given a good dub a chance) or stupid reasons ("no emotion" "Japanese/original is always 100% better no questions asked" "I can feel the better acting in Japanese even though I don't understand the language" "Dubs suck because everyone on the internet says so")

It's one thing to prefer a language and you're fine to like subs more but hating on things for dumb/uneducated reasons has made me just avoid any topic related to dubs vs subs or hating on dubs since otherwise it'll just be me arguing with ignorant bigots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tymmur said:

That's a flawed approach as you are investigating the sexuality of a person. It will not tell anything about the definition itself. It doesn't matter who I pick or if I pick any at all. The definition is still the same.

See. Traps are indeed a sub section of yaoi.

 

I don't want to debate this pointless topic. I would rather go back on topic and read what kind of arguments people will mention and why.

btw, the first pic, that person has a vagina. by your logic choosing... her? would make you straight despite that shes as manly looking as possible.

 

3 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Pretty much anyone who hates on English dubs for either outdated reasons (many of them have likely not given a good dub a chance) or stupid reasons ("no emotion" "Japanese/original is always 100% better no questions asked" "I can feel the better acting in Japanese even though I don't understand the language" "Dubs suck because everyone on the internet says so")

It's one thing to prefer a language and you're fine to like subs more but hating on things for dumb/uneducated reasons has made me just avoid any topic related to dubs vs subs or hating on dubs since otherwise it'll just be me arguing with ignorant bigots.

yeah, i agree. there are good dubs out there and not just some good actors in it but the entire dub being great. like cowboy bebop, golden boy, most if not all studio ghibli films. they exist and shouldnt be cast to the side as shit right away because of past and a lot of other bad dubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I once spent the entire afternoon arguing with @Nosebleed because of the :objection: emoticon.
When the forums were originally looking for submissions for emoticons, somebody else suggested a different objection one, but it was slightly larger horizontally, and Nosebleed thought it was too large. We spent a bunch of time with me arguing that horizontal length in emoticons like these is way less relevant than vertical height and etc. etc.
I have no idea how we got so heated over it.

"too large"

and now we have 'moticons like :Run:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you guys take your debate on the gayness of traps somewhere else?  It's getting a bit excessive >.<

I think the worst argument I've been in was one that resulted in threats of physical harm.  I said that I liked strong women, and the other guy just hated my opinion  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember this one time i got into an argument about hte movie fargo. in it theres a scene where a guy proposes like a plot of land to some people and they ask him like whats his finders fee while he was under the impression that they were gonna go into business together. i argued that what they did made sense as the guy wasnt gonna chip in any money until it the profits came in which was ludicrous from a business standpoint. someone argued on imdb that they did it on purpose to squeeze him out of the deal. that was years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×