Trolling, The HMN Crew, and You

Zander

3 hours ago, solidbatman said:

if that bothered you, go see a doctor my dude. That isn't normal. 

This is a pretty good suggestion, @tymmur.  The gif bats posted was pretty gentle compared to similar vibrating gifs, like the one kiri posted.  I don't know that many people that have similar problems with those types of gifs.  It might be a good idea to get that problem checked out.

16 hours ago, tymmur said:

Perhaps it is funny if you can sit and laugh at it. For me I effectively was set back an hour in what I was doing prior to reading that post and that's no fun at all.

Do you have a medical condition like epilepsy? 

Because it sounds like you do. Seeing a doctor sounds like a good idea. 

As for the discussion here, well, I never noticed any ostensible amount of trolling or derailing. Apparently it matters more to others. Maybe it's because I'm an indifferent old fart (by the metrics of this forum). So I guess I'm not qualified to speak about it. 

Honestly random shitposting can be annoying for some people, but then again I understand though if they just want to have fun. That said, since this community is pretty much the public place which mean that everybody can see it (Not just registered user), I can say that once again it can be annoying for some people. Especially so when some guests here was probably want to check the VNs news or VNs discussion, only to find that some of the posts here was more or less what we can called shitpost. So the ideal situation here would be that if the users didn't do the shitpost here.

... Or so that's what should be really happen. But then again reality is not really nice so maybe a bit of shitpost is necessary for some entertainment (ie having fun), but it didn't mean that multiple users can suddenly bombard the topic list for multiple meaningless threads just because someone initiate that meaningless thread trend, or looking back at December baiting someone to do the shitposting while the baited one thinking that he was very serious with his replying. In the end, what I can say is that once again everyone else can see the content at this community, so I think the users here should be mindful of what they post here.

I'm sorry for the rant here, but I also did have some annoying experience back at around 2 AM when I checked up Fuwanovel before sleep, only to find this thread was set the meaningless AMA threads trend. So at least I can speak the shitpost from the guest perspective as well. For the last word here, keep in mind that all of what I wrote here just my personal opinion so I understand that someone will be disagree with me.

Edited by littleshogun

16 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Honestly random shitposting can be annoying for some people, but then again I understand though if say they just want to have fun. That said, since this community is pretty much the public place which mean that everybody can see it (Not just registered user), I can say that once again it might be annoying for some people. Especially so when some guests here was probably want to check the VNs news or VNs discussion, only to find that some of the posts here was more or less what we can called shitpost. So the ideal situation here would be that if the users didn't do the shitpost here.

... Or so that's what should be really happen. But then again reality is not really nice so maybe a bit of shitpost is necessary for some entertainment, but it didn't mean that multiple users can suddenly bombard the topic list for multiple meaningless threads just because someone initiate that meaningless thread trend, or looking back at December baiting someone to do the shitposting while thinking that he was very serious with the replying. In the end, what I can say is that everyone else can see the content at this community, so I think the users here should be mindful of what they post here.

I'm sorry for the rant here, but I also did have some annoying experience back at around 2 AM when I checked up Fuwanovel before sleep, only to find this thread was set the meaningless AMA threads trend. So at least I can speak the shitpost from the guest perspective as well. For the last word here, keep in mind that all of what I wrote here just my personal opinion so I understand that someone will be disagree with me.

well, i know forum sites can go to shit with that stuff. seen it happen when the mods dont care. this site is going like just about 6 years strong and take appropriate. sometimes its slow but they do respond accordingly and give out the proper punishment to those who are past offenders. hopefully it wont happen again. :sachi: