New Moenovel title announced (Adventure of a Lifetime)

Freestyle80

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You should probably check again. The Cross Channel translation is pure gibberish.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

The fact that old woman was translated as grandmama tells everything

Yeah, I've noticed that "Grandmama" thing too. :s

Ok, I guess my denial phase is officially over. @bakauchuujin, is your "Moenovel Must Burn" club recruiting? :sachi:

5 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Too bad the TL is absolute trash again :Teeku:

No surprise really.

4 hours ago, adamstan said:

How do you know? AFAIK TL hasn't been released yet?

Because it's MoeNovel. They've barely changed their ways throughout their existence. No doubt the TL will be bad or at least below average.

21 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

This got me thinking, could you imagine how funny it would've been if Moenovel put H-scenes into a game that originally never had 18+ content? :Teeku:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da87ELsV4AA9U8d.jpg

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will look forward to reading 18+ dialogue like this on a moenovel release, lolz :sachi:

Edited by phantomJS

Moenovel are surprisingly active at the moment. After their first title If my Heart had Wings, there was so long silence around them, that it looked almost like they had already left the market again. And now they're suddenly starting to flood the market with one title after another. :blink:

8 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Moenovel are surprisingly active at the moment. After their first title If my Heart had Wings, there was so long silence around them, that it looked almost like they had already left the market again. And now they're suddenly starting to flood the market with one title after another. :blink:

Yeah, this surprises me too. I wonder what this means. I'd guess, their original goal was only to release Konosora and disappear, but nowadays some Pulltop/Willplus higher-ups decided to get more relatively quick money, since translating already existing games is definitely cheaper than creating new ones.

5 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

they waited a while for the storm to die out

or they actually went and made their translators learn some fcking English/Japanese before doing more 

5 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Yeah, this surprises me too. I wonder what this means. I'd guess, their original goal was only to release Konosora and disappear, but nowadays some Pulltop/Willplus higher-ups decided to get more relatively quick money, since translating already existing games is definitely cheaper than creating new ones.

If this is true, makes you wonder why did they hire translators in the first place. Could had gotten 1 (or a small group of) people to MTL/google translate, and another high proficiency english staff to guess the MTl translation. Pretty sure would have been cheaper, and thus saved more money this way

Edited by phantomJS

7 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

If this is true, makes you wonder why did they hire translators in the first place. Could had gotten 1 (or a small group of) people to MTL/google translate, and another high proficiency english staff to guess the MTl translation. Pretty sure would have been cheaper, and thus saved more money this way

They don't have any in-house translators, they contract out to third party translation companies.  The quality varies so wildly because it depends on who is working at the company they contract out to at the moment.  MoeNovel has very few permanent staff members, from what I've heard; "skeleton crew" might be an apt description, if what I heard is correct.

14 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

They don't have any in-house translators, they contract out to third party translation companies.  The quality varies so wildly because it depends on who is working at the company they contract out to at the moment.  MoeNovel has very few permanent staff members, from what I've heard; "skeleton crew" might be an apt description, if what I heard is correct.

I see

Question: they still outsource to a translation company right? Why bother? To achieve a cross-channel quality TL, can't they just hire or 2 coders or outsourced to a far smaller group instead and do as I suggested? Would it be cheaper or more expensive this way?

Edited by phantomJS

23 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

I see

Question: they still outsource to a translation company right? Why bother? To achieve a cross-channel quality TL, can't they just hire or 2 coders or outsourced to a far smaller group instead and do as I suggested? Would it be cheaper or more expensive this way?

Seriously, don't give them any ideas.... :Keepo:

I did see the staff, and this time apparently Pulltop did going all out with the writer for both of Konosora and Miagete (Konno Asta). So I guess he was most likely follow Miagete one seeing that we have one guy and two girl dynamic, although the role is more in line with Konosora though with Chisa is like Ageha (Childhood friend) and Emily is like Kotori (Meet for the first time).

Other than mixing the heroines setting from the two previous VNs, what we can expect from this VN would be the exposition writing about diving and undwrwater just like glider at Konosora and stars at Miagete, so I guess it would be good if you like some diving trivia. I'm worried though that this is pretty much a short length VN, considering that it's one of the low price VN at Japan which mean that the heroines story might wouldn't be explored enough.

In the end, what I can say in regard of this VN (Umikana) the graphic is looks interesting enough, although I'm still wary for the routes though - and additional 18+ content for Japanese only later. But at least with the additional of side characters, it'll do good enough to made the setting more interesting compared to Lovekami spinoff.

51 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I suppose it will be shorter than Konosora or Miagete, having only two heroines(?).

From the release dates it looks like Pulltop was making english version together with the japanese one?

It is pretty short and very straightforward from what I've read about it. It's quite possible that the English version was in the works for some time already - or it simply will be a rushed mess, I don't think it would be below Pulltop/MoeNovel to mess up something this simple. :>  

On 4/21/2018 at 1:33 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

It's quite possible that the English version was in the works for some time already

Coincidentally I also thought about that as well, considering that they already prepared all age VN for this purpose. Because if not, then Pulltop's move to release an original all age VN would be very strange. Oh and apparently they also surpress the cost for the seiyuu by hiring the newbies, because usually new seiyuu talents are quite cheap - although obviously this time it was anime seiyuu who have few roles for supporting characters in some anime.

Edited by littleshogun