My Short introduction Baby

Orakana Newbie

Salutations, New member here. Come from Somewhere in Southeast Asia. 

I found Fuwa Forum right after I searched keywords "Visual Novel Forum" In google Search a Month ago. 

This forum really interesting, I found many expert and they even talking about something that someone like me never can understand :leecher:

Well, In the end, I can say this forum really helped me, glad to be one of members here. 

I started reading Visual Novel around November last Year. I wasn't choosy reader, I can enjoying a lots of genres. Even, I have personal interest with Yuri and similar stuff.  

Like My Username say, I'm a Newbie. I dunno can help you, but I'm sure you can help me someday. 

Edited by Orakana Newbie

12 hours ago, Orakana Newbie said:

This forum really interesting, I found many expert and they even talking about something that someone like me never can understand :leecher:.

It's really just a bunch of keywords, which you will learn in no time. Here is an incomplete list:

Moege: declare your love to this is keyword to start the fighting game

MoeNovel: same as moege, except this expert difficulty level will disable your supporters

Loli: moege in easy mode. You will get a lot of supporters

MT: an approach to read visual novels where you ignore the story and is only interested in unlocking graphics

HCG: the reason you started reading your first visual novel

Plotge: the reason why you still read visual novels even after having read 10

H scene: a poorly written scene with boring text and no story progression, yet nobody wants it removed

Manga: unvoiced visual novel with no branching points

Nukige: lack of storyline

Kamige: used for a visual novel, which you really want to read, but can't find

14 hours ago, Orakana Newbie said:

I found Fuwa Forum right after I searched keywords "Visual Novel Forum" In google Search a Month ago. 

This forum really interesting, I found many expert and they even talking about something that someone like me never can understand :leecher:

Well, In the end, I can say this forum really helped me, glad to be one of members here. 

I started reading Visual Novel around November last Year. I wasn't choosy reader, I can enjoying a lots of genres. Even, I have personal interest with Yuri and similar stuff.  

Like My Username say, I'm a Newbie. I dunno can help you, but I'm sure you can help me someday. 

Welcome to fuwa! I hope you'll enjoy this place!

On 17/04/2018 at 5:07 AM, Orakana Newbie said:

I definitely like you. 

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and sorry for the belated greeting here. As for Southeast Asia, is there any chance that you came from Indonesia as well? If so, nice to meet another fellow from the same country here. Also if you need more VNs recommendation, you can ask us here. I hope you'll have fun here.

PS - As for the terms that Tymmur explained in his own understanding, let me explain those in more objective way.

Moege: The VN with heavy focus on cutesy, and in turn most of route based VN can be classified as this

MoeNovel: Pulltop's branch that's responsible for overseas release, and getting infamous because they cut the sex scenes for overseas release

Loli: Just like moege only with childlike heroine, usually get some controversy because of lolicon nature (Please don't discuss about this here)

MT: Using some device that have same function as Google Translate to translate the VN, and it's widely unacceptable because usually Google Translate translation is mostly inaccurate

HCG: The CG that depict sex act

Plotge: The VN that did have some overarching arc instead of usual route based VN, mostly linear VN although there's some exception though

H scene: The sex scenes in Visual Novels (VN)

Manga: Japanese term for comic book

Nukige: Visual Novel that was focused on sex rather than the story, and thus regarded as less than average VN

Kamige: The VN that was widely regarded as the best VN (ie Subahibi, Steins Gate, Muv Luv Alternative)

6 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

As for Southeast Asia, is there any chance that you came from Indonesia as well? If so, nice to meet another fellow from the same country here.

Fortunately, yes. I'm from Indonesia As well. Nice to meet You LittleShogun.

7 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

PS - As for the terms that Tymmur explained in his own understanding, let me explain those in more objective way.

Hahaha, Yeah I know.  But his explanation good enough for explain what purpose of those words here,  In many ways of course  :leecher:

Thanks for your explanation about Real meaning of those keywords . :sachi:

45 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I started wondering about the quote about not understanding experts and then it hit me to write a funny post like this. However it turned out to be harder to write than it looks because I didn't make up anything. There is a true explanation for each, while at the same time it's intended to make people laugh a bit while reading it. It was also important to make it "far out" to make it clear that my goal wasn't to make an encyclopedia.

People are split in the question if moege is good or bad and making a bold statement will likely trigger a debate (again). MoeNovel is unpopular for editing out adult contents and deliver translations of questionable quality. The thread about how you started reading VNs indicates that it's common to be lured in by (adult) screenshots, but then stay for the story. It's also commonly agreed upon that H scenes are often written horribly.

MT = Machine Translation. I tried it to see what all the fuss is about and while it does work, the quality is very much hit and miss and you will completely destroy any story by not being able to read all lines. Since it takes quite a while to learn how to use MT, you are better off spending the time studying Japanese if you have to pick one of those.

And don't worry too much about experts being hard to understand. It's not like I get everything people talk about, but you can always look up words. Asking is also an option, which should be used if you can't look up the word in question.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

By the way, I thought about it for some time, but... what are you going to do with your username when you are no longer a newbie? :michiru:

Hmmm... I think I'll leave it stay that way. I don't have any confidence for change it into something like "Orakana Expert" or "Orakana Master", etc. 

Ah, maybe I can change it into something like "Orakana Regular " or " Orakana Ordinary" ..?

Ehmmm Sounds pretty weird ,to be honest :michiru: 

Well ... A decent time to leave my "Newbie" status will take about 10 years from now, so don't mind me  :leecher: