Lamento -Beyond the Void-

dc64a1498eccae6aefad8465b09e89c2.jpg
Lamento -Beyond The Void-

The game takes place in a fictional world inhabited by Ribika (who look like humans but have cat ears and tails). Their world has fallen into dark times -- a mysterious void has made some places (and even animals) impossible to touch, causing major food shortages. A strange and deadly disease that has killed off a large percentage of the female Ribika population is also spreading.

The hero, Konoe, exists in this miserable world, living alone in the starving village of Karou who have turned to cannibalism. The story begins with Konoe in Karou, where he suddenly begins to see horrible dreams and strange marks appear on his body. This is believed to be a curse so Konoe heads off to Ransen (the big city) in order to heal his body...

[From VNDB]

*Game Info (Read before using the guide!)*
Lamento uses a point system to determine which route the player gets. These path points are assigned to one of the three possible love interests of the main character. After the common route, the player will play the individual route of the character for whom the most points have been collected previously. Some choices may also lead to extra scenes, so, while not all choices in the heroes guide will have an effect on which path you'll play first, they will unlock extra scenes. 
There will be a glossary and a "All choices chart" on the "Extras" section of this guide (See the bottom), so feel free to check it if you want.
I advise that you follow the order:

• Razel -> Leaks -> Froud -> Rai (Bad End>Good End) -> Asato (Bad End>Good End) -> Verg -> Bardo (Bad End>Good End)
  • Bardo's route builds off Rai's, therefore it spoils such. So you shouldn't play it first.
  • Froud's Bad End reveals a piece of info about Rai's past.
  • Asato is the most independent route, but, it does have minor references to Rai's.
  • All of the Rape scenes are avoidable, and they are only located in the Bad Ends.
  • It is advised you save before making any choice. Only the final choice of the routes matter for the ending, the others will either lead to minor changes or extra CGs/Scenes. 

With those things in mind...

*Route-Ending Walkthrough*
-Main Routes-

DF6NXfXXcAUGkpR.jpg
Rai

Spoiler

1)Think about the sacrifice
2)A joyful impulse urges
3)The snake's molestation
4)The snake's skin is freezing cold
5)The coiling serpent is stifling
6)Gaze at his face unintentionally
7)"I understand, I'll escape."
8)Feel strangely pleasant
9)Sigh on purpose (Only appears if you chosed "What are you going to do?" instead of "I understand, I'll escape.")
10)A strong sense of strange joy
11)Enough
12)Become very displeased
13)Feel Rai’s presence
14)Abstinence
15)Joy
16)Prayer
17)Hearth (Choose "Hellfire" for Razel's Bad End)
18)Only Rai OR The others (Only appears if you either have the same number of points for each route OR have more Bardo points with enough Rai/Asato path points)
{After the previous choice, you'll enter Rai's route, if for some reason you accidentally stumbled upon Bardo's path, choose "Look at Rai’s face" or "Look at Bardo’s face" followed by "Follow Rai in a hurry".}

Bad End

Spoiler

19)Don’t buy it
20)Move lips involuntarily
21)I’ll stop him (Choose "I’ll run away" for Leaks' Bad End)
22)Brush off the outstretched hand (Choose "Take the outstretched hand" for Froud's Bad End)
23)Ignore the voice (Make a save here so you can see the extra scenes on the alternate choices without having too skip everything.)

Good End

Spoiler

19)Buy it
20)Endure it
22)Brush off the outstretched hand (Choose "Take the outstretched hand" for Froud's Bad End)
23)Listen to the voice

DF6NWzxXsAEGLtk.jpg
Asato

Spoiler

1)Don’t think about the sacrifice
2)The snake painfully strangles the heart
4)sorrowful impulse forces its way up
5)An impulse of wrath surges up
6)Look dazed
7)"What are you going to do?"
8)Become terribly sad 
9)Well then, it's decided
10)Become full of sadness
11)Glare without saying anything
13)Feel Asato’s presence
14)Abstinence
15)Sin
16)Grief
18)Just Asato OR The others (Only appears if you either have the same number of points for each route OR have more Bardo points with enough Rai/Asato path points)
{After the previous choice, you'll enter Asato's route}
Bad End

Spoiler

19)Don’t chase after him
20)It’s over (Make a save here so you can see the extra scenes on the alternate choices without having too skip everything.)

Good End

Spoiler

19)Chase after him
20)Don’t give up

Cs95Dx2W8AAr_3Z.jpg
Bardo

Spoiler

3)An image of pleasure rushes through
6)Look dazed
8)Become horribly delighted
9)Sigh on purpose (Only appears if you chosed "What are you going to do?" instead of "I understand, I'll escape.")
10)This is rather pleasant
12)Hear him out
13)Feel Rai’s presence
14)Lust
15)Sin
16)Prayer
18)Bardo as well OR Bardo (Only appears if you either have the same number of points for each route OR have more Bardo points with enough Rai/Asato path points)
{After the previous choice, you'll enter Bardo's route.}
Bad End

Spoiler

19)Look at Bardo’s face (Chosing "Look at Rai’s face" will send you to Rai's Arc)
20)Worry about Bardo (Chosing "Follow Rai in a hurry" will send you to Rai's Path)
21)Stuff the picture in a pocket
22)Don’t open your eyes
23)Don’t believe Verg (Chose "Believe Verg" for Verg's Bad End)
24)It would be better that way (Make a save here so you can see the extra scenes on the alternate choices without having too skip everything.)

Good End

Spoiler

19)Look at Bardo’s face (Chosing "Look at Rai’s face" will send you to Rai's Arc)
20)Worry about Bardo (Chosing "Follow Rai in a hurry" will send you to Rai's Path)
21)Show him the picture
22)Open your eyes
23)Don’t believe Verg (Chose "Believe Verg" for Verg's Bad End)
24)Even so, don’t 

-Side Ends-

0c4f30a9cb2cb1a8e15e0f74e5c83c7cb32327a1_hq.jpg
Razel

Spoiler

AND
17)Hellfire

Any other choice doesn't matter.

87607c3d0c3f71050b78f14fb9c0f0de9999c35d_hq.jpg
Froud

Spoiler

2)A joyful impulse urges
11)Enough
13)Feel Rai’s presence
14)Abstinence
15)Joy
16)Prayer
18)Only Rai OR The others (Only appears if you either have the same number of points for each route OR have more Bardo points with enough Rai/Asato path points)

19)Don’t buy it
22)Take the outstretched hand

22.jpg
Verg

Spoiler

3)An image of pleasure rushes through
6)Look dazed
8)Become horribly delighted
10)This is rather pleasant
12)Hear him out
13)Feel Rai’s presence
14)Lust
15)Sin
16)Prayer
18)Bardo as well OR Bardo (Only appears if you either have the same number of points for each route OR have more Bardo points with enough Rai/Asato path points)
21)Stuff the picture in a pocket
22)Don’t open your eyes
23)Believe Verg

c4000ca0c3e265abd4526fd23b51e5e3
Leaks

Spoiler

2)A joyful impulse urges
11)Enough
13)Feel Rai’s presence
14)Abstinence
15)Joy
16)Prayer
19)Don’t buy it
21)I’ll run away

*Extras*
Here are some novelty things that may be useful:

Glossary

Spoiler

Characters
Asato - A cat from Kira with brown skin and black hair. He is socially awkward and dislikes crowds. However, he becomes extremely protective of anyone he likes and is a fierce fighter.
Bardo - A tiger-striped cat. He is the laid-back, friendly owner of an inn in Ransen. He takes good care of his guests and often cooks for them. He is older and thus has more expertise, but his lackadaisical attitude can raise a few eyebrows.
Froud, Devil of Joy - A seemingly amiable devil who controls the element of wind.
Kagari - The only female in Kira. She is a fierce fighter who has some relation to Asato.
Kaltz, Devil of Grief - A devil of few words and a morose disposition. Controls the element of ice.
Konoe - The main character. A native from the small village of Karou, he suddenly becomes afflicted with a curse and must find out why. He is headstrong but often stubborn, and can be a little naive due to growing up in an isolated village. Fights with a medium sword.
Leaks - A legendary magician who becomes Konoe's enemy.
Rai - A bounty hunter with an eyepatch and silvery-white hair. He is dignified and has rigid control over his emotions, but he also comes with a haughty attitude. Fights with a long sword and a dagger.
Razel, Devil of Wrath - The calmest devil, despite his title. Controls the element of fire.
The Poet - A cat who often appears during Konoe's journey, always playing soothing melodies with his instrument.
Tokino - A merchant cat and friend of Konoe's. He often visits Konoe in Karou and lives with his father in Ransen.
Verg, Devil of Pleasure - A brash and vulgar devil with a quick temper and an extraordinary dislike for cats. Wields an axe in battle and controls the elementof electricity.

Places
Forest of Illusion - A dangerous forest located between Karou and Ransen. It is said that cats roam this forest in circles, so that after they enter, they never escape. Now especially stricken with the Void, some cats have begun to call it Void Forest instead.
Karou - Konoe's small native village in southern Sisa. The cats there are very territorial and keep to themselves.
Kira - A village secluded by the steep cliffs of Yuukoku Valley (literally: Deep Ravine Valley). The cats there are very protective of their customs and pure bloodlines. They are mistrustful of outsiders and do not like them meddling in Kiran affairs. They especially dislike Meigi cats. Cats of Kira are said to have dark skin, and some have black ears and tails. Kirans can be identified by the distinctive marking they draw on their bodies.
Ransen - Sisa's most populous and prosperous city. The buildings of the city are remains from the time when Two Canes lived. It is renowned for two annual festivals, one in Spring and one in Winter (Antou), and many cats come from various regions to see it. It has a large library, and Bardo's inn is located here. Ransen is also the seat of a feudal lord whose rulings affect all of Sisa, as well as that of the Chief Sanga.
Setsura - A village of warrior-like cats and native village of Bardo and Rai, known for its breed of tall cats.
Sisa - Pronounced "Shisa", this is the large island country where the ribika live. Most of it is densely forested, with small inlets of villages.
Yuukoku Valley - A deep, abyssal valley to the east of Karou. A toxic miasma rises from the ground here, making it almost uninhabitable. The reclusive village of Kira is located in the heart of this valley.

World of Lamento
Meigi - An ominous clan known for its devil worship. Sworn enemies of Kiran cats.
Moons - The world of Lamento has two moons instead of a moon and a sun. The Moon of Light rises in the day, and the Moon of Shadow rises at nightfall. Are also infrequently referred to as simply day moon/ night moon. Legend has it that Ribika could not hold up the sun, so it fell into the sea, after which she split the moons into two.
ribika/cats - The race of cat-people that populate Sisa. Ribika look human but have feline ears and tails, as well as claws and slit pupils. They still retain the habits of cats, like grooming and bristling their tails when threatened. Ribika come in a small or common variety, like Konoe and Asato, who have housecat-like features; and large cats, like Rai and Bardo, whose feline traits more resemble those of wildcats (such as tigers!)
Ribika - The winged goddess who descended to earth as a cat. Since the ribika can see what cats look like in ancient texts, they named their race after their goddess. Ribika is portrayed as the most kind-hearted and merciful of the gods, having laid a rainbow egg that gave rise to a seed, which she awakened with her Song to create life in the world.
Sickness - A disease that has effectively wiped out most of the female population. Mostly males remain in Sisa, but when the Sickness does strike them, its symptoms manifest in making entire body parts vanish as if they never even existed. Pain, fever, and death follow.
Two Cane - One of the gods whom the ribika worship, and the husband of the goddess Ribika.
Two Canes - Refers to a legendary race preceding the ribika, who reportedly had an advanced technological civilization and were wiped out. Their appearance has become unknown, but they get their name from the small detail that is known- they reportedly walked on legs like two long sticks or canes. Ribika revere them and believe that if they do enough good in their present lives, they might be reincarnated as two canes.
Void - A destructive phenomenon that is steadily creeping towards the center of Sisa. It causes the earth to "reject" the ribika: plants become bladelike, water becomes poisonous, and it kills small animals. The Void makes it impossible for dead cats to return to the earth. Thus, it makes the forests unlivable, and it forces many cats to move to escape the erosion.

Other Key Terms
catnip - An addictive plant outlawed due to its strong potency. It intoxicates cats and is still sold secretly in small amounts. Otherwise, its use is heavily regulated; it finds its most common current use as trace amounts in liquers. Also known as silver vine (matatabi).
guiding leaf - A leaf that can be used to illuminate a room or area with a faint glow. Dipping the leaf in water activates the light. Can be an alternative to fire, which ribika use for lamps and heat.
ignition branch - A stick with crushed ore powder at the tip, used to start a fire much like modern matches.
kadil - A dessert and a Ransen specialty, it's a fruit topped with floral syrup.
kuim - Konoe's favorite fruit. Small, round, and nutlike with a sweet and sour taste. Can fit into the palm of a hand.
tail-plant - A rare plant that blooms in winter with fluffy seed heads. Used to be abundant in the forest around Karou. Lamento's wordplay on cattails (typha).

All Choices Chart

Spoiler
  • Choices which do not affect the story are marked with a ∅; while others have a value of 1 or 2.

Think about the sacrifice ∅ (no effect but it shows the Keiju and Naki scene) / Don’t think about the sacrifice ∅

A joyful impulse urges +1 Rai / The snake painfully strangles the heart ∅

An image of pleasure rushes through +1 Bardo / The snake's molestation ∅

A sorrowful impulse forces its way up +1 Asato / The snake's skin is freezing cold ∅

An impulse of wrath surges up ∅ / The coiling serpent is stifling ∅

Gaze at his face unintentionally +2 Rai / Look dazed ∅

"What are you going to do?" +2 Asato (+Extra Event) / "I understand, I'll escape." ∅ (choosing this omits an extra event with Asato and the next choice below will not appear)

Sigh on purpose ∅ / Well then, it's decided +1 Asato

Become terribly sad +1 Asato / Feel strangely pleasant +1 Rai / Become horribly delighted +1 Bardo

A strong sense of strange joy +1 Rai / Become full of sadness +1 Asato / This is rather pleasant +1 Bardo

Glare without saying anything ∅ / Enough +2 Rai

Become very displeased ∅ / Hear him out +2 Bardo

Feel Rai’s presence +2 Rai / Feel Asato’s presence +2 Asato

Lust +1 Bardo / Abstinence ∅

Joy +1 Rai / Sin ∅

Grief +1 Asato / Prayer ∅

Hellfire (Razel’s bad end) / Hearth ∅

(If the player has the same number of points for each route, the following choices might appear) (I could not trigger these choices in the version I played, so it may vary)

Only Rai / Bardo as well / Just Asato OR The others / Bardo

Each will send you to a route, in the case of "The others" will send you to the route that you have most points (that isn't Bardo's).

Bardo's Route

Look at Rai’s face ∅ (brings the player back to Rai’s route) / Look at Bardo’s face  ∅ (brings up the “Worry about Bardo” choice)

Follow Rai in a hurry  ∅  (brings the player back to Rai’s path) / Worry about Bardo ∅ (prompts Bardo’s route)

Show him the picture ∅ / Stuff the picture in a pocket (no immediate effect but will lead to small differences in later game text)

Open your eyes (leads to Konoe seeing an apparition) / Don’t open your eyes ∅

Believe Verg (Verg’s bad end) / Don’t believe Verg ∅

Even so, don’t (Bardo's good end) / It would be better that way (Bardo’s bad end)

Rai's Route

Buy it ∅ (leads to a kiss scene and a CG) / Don’t buy it ∅

Endure it ∅ / Move lips involuntarily ∅

I’ll run away (Leaks’ bad end) / I’ll stop him ∅

Brush off the outstretched hand ∅ / Take the outstretched hand (Froud’s bad end)

Ignore the voice (Rai’s bad end) / Listen to the voice (Rai’s good end)

Asato's Route

Chase after him ∅ (Konoe will see Asato sharpening his claws) / Don’t chase after him ∅

Don’t give up (Asato’s good end) / It’s over (Asato’s bad end)

MAXIMUM POINTS PER CHARACTER:
-Rai: 10
-Bardo: 6
-Asato: 9
Translation: The easiest route to get is technically Rai, while the hardest to get is Bardo.  Asato falls in between, but his choices are also a bit more obvious.

Credits:
This walkthrough is based on info attained on the guide that comes with the patch and my own experience with the game.

Edited by Guest