Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Latest Edition~ translation question

Novel21

22 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Does somebody know what happened to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Latest Edition~ translation? It's dead or still alive?

It's one of the VN I wanted to get translated so I would become disappointed which translation are dead.

Good question. Well, I don't remember any official statements about it after ixtl and Degica breakup, and I don't think there were any news about it since long ago...

Edited by Dreamysyu

11 minutes ago, wei123 said:

It has been picked up apparently.

Capture.png

Now all we need is the translation for Total Eclipse and MLA Chronicles Vol.3 and 4.

The thing is that Degica and Age are no longer partners, which causes problems for all of those translations.

This is kinda the same issue as Chuable and Overdrive, both companies that are going bankrupt and still have licensed a VN out to Mangagamer that are stuck in some sort of limbo.

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

The thing is that Degica and Age are no longer partners, which causes problems for all of those translations.

This is kinda the same issue as Chuable and Overdrive, both companies that are going bankrupt and still have licensed a VN out to Mangagamer that are stuck in some sort of limbo.

Yeah so hopefully age can get a new publisher soon , like how they did with Sekai and the re-release of the Muv Luv series.

Edited by wei123

14 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Bankruptcy is a strange thing. Sometimes it ends everything and sometimes it doesn't. Usually when a company goes bankrupt, they owe a lot of money and can't pay. Some outsider is assigned to manage the company to make as much money as possible in order to pay the bills. This mean it can be entirely possible that one VN producer goes bankrupt and then MG pays a one time fee for licensing every single of their VNs. In fact being bankrupt they might be legally forced to just say yes to the highest offer. It's also possible that somebody buys the rights without any intension of making their own VNs. It's an investment in sales from DMM and similar and to maximize their profits, they can license to MG. Gog.com has managed to license a bunch of games from companies, which died long before gog was founded. Sure a bankruptcy will make things more complicated, but it's not the same as licenses becomes impossible.

39 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I thought Degica's MuvLuv team pretty much abandoned Degica entirely when they split from Ixtl, and that they all joined Ixtl as their in-house team.  Don't have a source for that, but there's this tweet.

Well, it's better than no news, which is what Sekai Project usually provides. w

Maybe it's in limbo because there's no news from them so far, and with this year it's almost two years since the announcement from AX 2016. I was hoping that someday we'll get the news about this as well.

As for age, while it's normal that we have a company have one setting for all of their VNs, I believe that age might be reliant to Muv Luv franchise too much. While it's understandable if people argue that Muv Luv is age signature franchise, currently they still didn't have any other major release after Alternative which mean that they might stagnate since back at 2006. For comparison, even though Circus is infamous for milking Da Capo they still have some original title like Valkyrie Complex, and have two major releases as well after 2006 (Da Capo 3 and Dal Segno). In the end, I guess each company did have different policy, but I can't help to think that actually age did have potential if they want to develop their own title that was independent from Muv Luv setting.

• 2 years later...

Well, those guys were tormented with the original engine, and I'm porting to another engine. If you notice, then I do them without blinking my eyes and making lip movements. Plus on android you can play without the famous crashes of the Rugp engine