Becoming a Teacher: Design my Lesson Plans

I graduate from university in less than a month. I have a thesis defense and a research conference to present at and I am basically done. My next step will to be to land a teaching position. I thought I would be nice and let the disgusting people here at fuwanovel help me design a lesson plan! The guidelines are as follows:

1) Name the topic. .

2) How subject is presented to the class aka: the actual teaching portion.

3) Application. Some form of activity for the students

4) Homework

Come up with a lesson plan for me. If its good, I might chuckle at it and file it away in the "likely to send me to jail" folder. 

1) sex ed in Japanese style

2) nothing really. No images allowed. No mentioning of genitals, pregnancy, sex or similar

3) good question

4) figure out how to get pregnant on your own. Reward those who figures it out with a permanent "no more homework" reward

Edited by tymmur

1) The glory of catgirls

2) Pictures of adorable catgirls from various anime, eroge, and manga

3) Use a demonic summoning circle to call one of the catgirls from my many stomachs *instructions have already been sent in R'lyehian to your brain*

4) Perform various wonderful acts with said catgirls at home.

1. Ethical aspects of pet ownership. 

2. Detailed presentation on all volumes of Nekopara. 

3. Discuss possible arguements for and against having sex with your underage catgirls as an owner. 

4. Describe in detail an alternate version of Nekopara's setting, where it's catboys instead of catgirls that are available for domestic ownership. Would it be still all about f........?

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

2 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

wow these are all terrible. I expected nothing and yet am still let down. 

Terrible? I might want to go back to school for some of those topics. Besides if you really wanted something fitting for your education, you would have had to add which kind of class you will be teaching. You did't so the answer is whatever class fuwa would like to exist.

If you want realistic ones, use my second proposal. At least that one is take from real life.

18 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Only one thing to do then...

1) Saltology.

2) Study ancient salt statues

3) Encourage everyone to be salty about salt statues

4) Get class to make new statues from all the salt produced

5) Sell statues for $$$ and keep all money for yourself

6) Get accused of "exploitation of labour"

7) Receive incredibly unfair trial

8 ) Get sentenced to life in prison 

9) Write salty memoirs

23 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

You see, this thread gives us a lesson that you can't expect absolutely anything from threads in the Coliseum of Chatter. :mare: Do you see where I'm going with this?

I object. I'm an (occassional) academic teacher and I'm pretty sure I would be able to squize 2-3 legitimate lessons on gender representations and sexual content in media from my idea. :P

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I object. I'm an (occassional) academic teacher and I'm pretty sure I would be able to squize 2-3 legitimate lessons on gender representations and sexual content in media from my idea. :P

I also object!  Don't you know that catgirls are the ultimate expression of moe art?!!!!  Now, please use the spell I implanted in your brain so that they can end civilizat-  *Clephas coughs and pretends he didn't say anything*

47 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

You see, this thread gives us a lesson that you can't expect absolutely anything from threads in the Coliseum of Chatter. :mare: Do you see where I'm going with this?

I strongly disagree and is somewhat offended :reeee:

24 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Apart from the topic of choice, I can say the same thing. However admittedly I haven't really done anything to display that here. Sex ed is not even (officially) within my field of expertise.

12 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

skipping that teaching workshop in the hopes fuwanovel would help me was a mistake 

Most likely, but in fuwa's defense you haven't even told what kind of teacher you will be. If we know the age of the students, your main field (music, history, math, whatever) then there could be a chance that we could come up with some decent replies. When you start a topic with no real info and in a place like that, people will assume a prank topic. At least I did.

In a way I feel bad for starting such replies when it turns out that you actually wanted serious replies. However I wouldn't know what to write because such advice depends on where and what you teach.

Edited by tymmur

27 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

skipping that teaching workshop in the hopes fuwanovel would help me was a mistake 

Since it was you, I thought you were just looking for reactions.  As Tymmur said, without a subject, there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever of getting a coherent lesson plan together.

1) Name the topic - VNs and why they are all terrible

2) How subject is presented to the class aka: the actual teaching portion - One presentation a day on why a certain VN sucks so much

3) Application. Some form of activity for the students - Get them to read a book instead of these degenerate wastes of time.

4) Homework - None

The best class ever tbh.

42 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Most likely, but in fuwa's defense you haven't even told what kind of teacher you will be. If we know the age of the students, your main field (music, history, math, whatever) then there could be a chance that we could come up with some decent replies. When you start a topic with no real info and in a place like that, people will assume a prank topic. At least I did.

In a way I feel bad for starting such replies when it turns out that you actually wanted serious replies. However I wouldn't know what to write because such advice depends on where and what you teach.

d71.jpg

i am becoming a teacher but believe me, i would never gather a lesson plan from here. 

10 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Homework - find a random VN community online and try to explain to them why real literature is superior. :sachi:

That's easy compared to telling teachers that not all real literature is good literature and worth reading. The books I was made to read for school varied from awful to ok, but none of them were great. Most were in the first category. I can remember being made to read one, which had spelling mistakes. Apparently according to the teacher it was artistic freedom, which is apparently only available to authors who publish a book, but most certainly not students. Spelling wasn't a plot element like Flowers for Algenon, but rather it was clearly an author who had problems spelling and for some reason I still don't know, the editor didn't fix it. We never figured out why we should read it because the plot was weak and it wasn't a classic and it surely will not become one.