help me find my next visual novel

zaldar

So I am new to this forum though been on other forums for a while.  Thought I would put up an introduction post and this seemed like a cool place to do it.  Only recently have I discovered what I would call "hentai visual novels with gameplay" the first and for a loooong time the only one I was aware of was sengoku rance which I found a fan translation of years ago now.  I was amazed and the fact I died quickly the first few times I played didn't frustrate me because (1) the game play was so good (2) and the idea of a hentai game with actual game play was so amazing.  I described the game to someone once as "you know I would almost play this even if it didn't have hentai".

Since then (and thanks a good bit to mangagamer and the Zerodomai Kitsune youtube channel my visual novel knowledge has exploded.  I own a copy of Euphoria (which I love both for the shocking hentai and an amazingly deep and thought provoking plot that does fall apart somewhat in the ending) Koihime Musou (which I love because the characters and plot is great and the hentai is amazingly affecting in some places and the philosophy of the ending is fascinating - I went and read some of the actual translated philosophical articles) and I have played kinchu rance (which the randomness of and complete lack of hints on how to solve puzzles I disliked - but Rance is always a fun character) and big bang age (I wanted to like this one and really tried but I just didn't - characters seemed very interesting and gameplay mechanics seemed interesting but it was just too hard for a hentai game especially since the sex just repeated especially in the beginning and it had the same problem as kinchu in that there was just to much randomness and lack of hints on how to solve puzzles).

So which one should I try next?  Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, PiggiesGoMoo said:

Have you tried Kamidori Alchemy Meister? 

I have not - does that actually have any hentai in it and it always looked like the gameplay would not be up my ally.  I admit the character designs are cute as fuck though...

28 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Since you like some "shocking hentai", you can try Beat Blade Haruka.

Yea saw that on the dark VN list - manga gamers page on it didn't sell me much but looking at it more closely now.  Did mangagamer censor it at all (aka did they remove the loli character like they have done in the past)

36 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

If you don't mind yuri, Demon Master Chris and Sakura Dungeon are decent dungeon crawlers with tons of hentai - DMC is fully uncensored, Sakura Dungeon will require you to download an 18+ patch if you buy it on Steam.

A problem with Sakura Dungeon is that even though there are a lot of different sex scenes with a lot of good CGs they are very short. While the short length of these scenes make it so that you don't feel like the game is always stopping up it also makes it so that the sex scenes don't feel like that much of a reward. It feels more like the reward in these scenes are the CG.

Edited by bakauchuujin

I haven't played many gameplay VNs, só the following recommendations are mainly based on others opinions, kek. If you like Rance, you may like games from the same Company like Dachanbou, Eiyuu Senki (And it's "sequel" ES Gold).

If you are into Monster Girls, you could try Monster Girl Quest.

I've heard good things about Yumina the Etheral, which is a gameplay VN, there is also BooB Wars for a more comedic/Nukige-y VN, Bunny Black should also be mentioned.

I also Second the Sakura Dungeon recommendation since I had a lot of fun with It. Lel.

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, zaldar said:

Yea saw that on the dark VN list - manga gamers page on it didn't sell me much but looking at it more closely now.  Did mangagamer censor it at all (aka did they remove the loli character like they have done in the past)

They have not censored anything in the game, no. (I think you might be confusing Mangagamer with JAST. I don't think MG has ever censored a loli character in their games.)

I don't know if you would like it, but if you interested you can try Eien no Aselia even though there's no sex scenes for translated version (Originally it was H game), and it was because the translator chose to translate the version with additional content from PS2 which somehow released as all age version for PC before finally rereleased at 2010 with sex content - and it's already too late because the translation was already finished. Other than that, at Bunny Black we have a Rance expy as the MC so it may be interesting to you (Don't forget the sequel). I hope my recommendations will be help you.

Edited by littleshogun

On 4/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, Dergonu said:

They have not censored anything in the game, no. (I think you might be confusing Mangagamer with JAST. I don't think MG has ever censored a loli character in their games.)

Hmm in one of the first games they did didn't they take out a loli character?  I know they have had some games afterwards with them (I own those games) Edelweiss I think it was.  Not a big deal as they have certainly back off of it but I am just very sensitive to any kind of censorship.  

Thanks for all the recommendations people.  All of these look interesting will have to see which I can afford and find translated copies for.