Sex ed banned in Japanese schools

tymmur

4 minutes ago, tymmur said:

I was being sarcastic. I expected something like that. If the politicians want the women at home, then why don't they fix the problem that the rent in Tokyo requires two incomes? If he is against girls having sex, then why not tell them so? I wouldn't blame this on being either nationalist or conservative, but rather being an arrogant elitist with no regard for the general population.

I could say a lot more about nationalists, conservatives and pro/con having a mother at home raising children. However that would go off topic and they are such big topics that it would likely require multiple threads and I have no intension of starting those.

lol... well, no one ever said 'golden age' believers didn't have tunnel vision.

21 hours ago, tymmur said:

So conservative family values are teenage pregnancies. Got it.

There are almost 50 posts, many of them with various degree of facts. You have to be more specific. If you are asking me about my posts specifically, then yes what I have written is to the best of my knowledge true.

Indeed it is and so is it for males. On top of extreme pain, bleeding for days, risk of completely destroying the penis, there is a risk of infection. The survival rate is not 100%. Assuming everything goes according to the plan, it will result in a grown up penis head, which has lost sensitivity. To compensate for this, the movement during intercourse have to be way more powerful. Women are build for the force normally used by a penis protected by foreskin, meaning when exposed to the forces without it, it actually hurts. This mean removing the foreskin from a young boy will over time inflict pain to one or more women repeatably.

There are plenty of sources against doing stuff to females, but way less regarding males, which is why I decided to write about males here.

It also explains some of the weird made up "facts" in VNs/H anime and H manga. Some of the repeating fake facts are:

- no pregnancy from the first time. The body doesn't care about history

- no pregnancy before first period. Some girls have a number of ovulations prior to the first visible period. All girls have at least one

- no pregnancy from anal. Apparently those swimmers are such good aimers that they can fall out and enter the other hole

- safe days. Sex can trigger spontaneous ovulation regardless of cycle, particularly if inexperienced (young) or highly unusual settings (like rape)

This part

On 9/4/2018 at 2:27 AM, tymmur said:

- no pregnancy from anal. Apparently those swimmers are such good aimers that they can fall out and enter the other hole

It has come to my attention that somebody has read that as a bowel movement. That's not the case. Women aren't able to impregnate themselves by having a bowel movement. What I actually referred to is something you all know: the white liquid, which seems to end up everywhere once you are done. It's very likely that some of it will come out afterwards and the amount needed to start a pregnancy is less than what can be seen with the naked eye. There is also the chance that those ending up on the skin never entered in the first place.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:26 AM, phantomJS said:

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201804030047.html

This is a more in-depth article on the subject title, with some history on the idiotic actions of Koga-San.

Interesting. Following the link it says:

A pair of teachers explained birth control methods and noted that the number of abortions surges at the high-school level. The instructors said condoms are effective protection against STDs, but their success rate in preventing pregnancies is below 90 percent.

“To avoid unwanted pregnancies, you are advised to wait to have sex until you find yourself in an environment comfortable enough to raise a child,” one of the teachers was quoted as telling the class.

Now that sounds familiar.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, tymmur said:

My general advice for any age is "don't do it unless you are ready to accept the child". No birth control is 100% safe and abortion is generally more problematic than people make it out to be. The hormones have started to prepare the brain mentally for motherhood and suddenly turning this off is a shock to the body. There is a risk of becoming barren. It's also quite painful (or can be). Like that isn't bad enough, late abortion (after 12 weeks) requires the woman to give birth, which is supposedly a horrible experience.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:11 PM, tymmur said:

Studies have shown that if a couple use condoms correctly every time, the risk of a pregnancy is 2%/year. If they use it like people normally use them, the risk increases to 10%.

Success rate 90% vs risk at 10%. Two ways to say the same number. I'm not sure why they say below, but maybe people have become even worse at using them or maybe Asian equipment has a more smooth surface, meaning there is less resistance to prevent the rubber from falling off, or it could be a size issue.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:16 PM, xGreyHound said:

(first post stuff)

This part

Yeah that is true. The thing is the cycle has two phases (well more, but two interesting for this). First there is ovulation. An egg is released and is ready to be fertilized. The inner parts of the uterus gets sticky, ready to attach a fertilized egg. If no fertilization takes place or the attachment process fails, the body will flush the sticky surface because it can contain bacteria. This flushing process is what we think of as a period, but it's important to realize that it takes place after the time when pregnancy is possible.

Because of this timing, when a girl has a first period, it comes just after the egg. Is sperm is present at the time, she can get pregnant before her first externally visible period.

Also as the body starts up, the first times might not result in a proper flushing.

Another factor in this is when is next time. Eggs are released from left and right and they usually alternate. Some girls quickly end up with a period every 4 weeks. However for some the two sides will never fully sync and as such the time from a period starts until the next egg is released becomes more unpredictable. Often it will be within 4-5 weeks. However the body can be unpredictable and the two sides might each release an egg within a week of each other. It appears to be rare, but it can happen. Sometimes twins are made from eggs released a few days apart.

The time from an ended cycle to a new one starting can be affected by physical activity, emotions, hormones, diet and I think I'm forgetting something else here. That's one explanation for why some women have unstable cycle lengths. Another being that's how their bodies have decided to work. Sadly the emotion part mean the shock from being raped can trigger spontaneous start of a new cycle and release an egg. It might take a few days to make it mature enough to be released though. The emotions from having sex for some girl who rarely has sex or might even be the first time will trigger a bunch of strong emotions, which can also cause a new cycle to start.

This brings up another issue. Healthy sperm can survive a long time. While a number of them die off within hours, it doesn't really matter how many dies. Even if 99.9% has died, a pregnancy is still possible because it only takes one and it can take nearly a week before they are all gone.

6 hours ago, tymmur said:

Success rate 90% vs risk at 10%. Two ways to say the same number. I'm not sure why they say below, but maybe people have become even worse at using them or maybe Asian equipment has a more smooth surface, meaning there is less resistance to prevent the rubber from falling off, or it could be a size issue.

Feels idiotic to me. Wtf is a 'correct' way of using condoms? There are only 2 situations that will occur when using it; During sexual intercourse, it either stays on or it slips out

Feels to me like a deliberate attempt to play around with words to propagate their own propaganda...

Edited by phantomJS

8 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Feels idiotic to me. Wtf is a 'correct' way of using condoms? There are only 2 situations that will occur when using it; During sexual intercourse, it either stays on or it slips out

It's more complex than that.

• Use the right size
  • Discard if damaged, like nail scratches, even if the damage doesn't cause a hole. It is a weak point, which can burst under load
  • Make sure he is fully erect
  • Discard if attempted to put on inside out, don't turn it around. The outside will get contaminated with pre-cum, which contains a bit of sperm
  • Make sure there are no air pockets
  • Use lube if not pre-lubed. If it gets stuck inside, he will just pull out of the condom and not realize until it's too late
  • Do not use two condoms for extra protection. The grinding between the two can cause both to burst
  • After ejaculation, the penis shrinks instantly. Hold on to the condom with your hand while pulling out because it is instantly too big and no longer sticks to the penis

The size issue is more complex than first meets the eye. It's mainly about width rather than length, though too short is an issue. The same size is not called the same in all countries and not all sizes are available everywhere. Having African genes makes it hard to find one big enough in Asia. What is small in one country might be large in another because some countries renamed them to large, giant... you get the idea. Apparently too few wanted to ask in the store for size small.

8 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

condom-fire.jpg

In days gone by, if a military plane was shot down behind enemy lines, the surviving crew (sometimes just one) needed to hide and escape, meaning they had a real risk of being on their own for days. They needed a water supply, which is small and light to have on an aircraft, yet can be filled with a lot of water and carried around. It turned out condoms are good for that and during WW2, all the planes were crewed with people, who had multiple condoms in their pockets. In fact this system was used for decades, but they have something custom designed for the task today.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some research and now I'm following up with some grave digging.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:09 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

It's not a coinsidence that the southern US states that push abstinence-only education have rampant rates of child pregnancy and STDs.

I researched the deep south, or the bible belt as it's also known. Places with deeply conservative people who goes to church every week. I did not uncover any signs of sex ed based on religion or ordering students to not have sex without telling them why. What I did learn was that the sex ed seems rather good. It is focused on pregnancy, what happens during pregnancy, how to control how to get one and how to avoid it. Other topics being taught is STDs and puberty. I didn't uncover anything, which would give me concern for quality.

However I have to point out that there is no federal law regarding sex ed and as such each state has to make their own law. As a result, the law in this regard can vary greatly from state to state. I had to handpick a few states based on how easy it would be for me to get info and as such I can't rule out that I missed some states, which are screwed up. However I can say that stating that the entire bible belt has horrible sex ed is not correct.