Which VNs would you casually recommend by age?

onorub

Just a little fun thing, which VNs would you casually recommend for each age group? For me:

For Children: Moonlight Walks

For Pre-Teens: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

For Teenagers: Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua

For Young Adults: House in Fata Morgana

For Full Adults: Narcissu

For Middle-Aged or Older: Banshee's Last Cry

33 minutes ago, onorub said:

Just a little fun thing, which VNs would you casually recommend for each age group? For me:

For Children: Moonlight Walks

For Pre-Teens: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

For Teenagers: Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua

For Young Adults: House in Fata Morgana

For Full Adults: Narcissu

For Middle-Aged or Older: Banshee's Last Cry

For Children: Nothing

For pre-teens: Clannad

For Teenagers: Tokyo Babel

For young adults: Narcissu (teenagers are too easily influenced, but this is best read before you hit your mid-twenties)

For full Adults:  Dies Irae

For Middle-aged or older: Erect!  (lol)

I started wondering about what to write here and I came up with this:

For any age group: nothing specific

The reason is not that I wouldn't recommend VN reading. It's more if I should recommend something, age is not the primary factor. It's my impression that the difference between two random individuals of the same age is greater than the difference of one person when that person is in the different age groups mentioned here. Because of this, it's more like recommending against certain titles if people are too young, but the age will not tell what people will like.

Well let's see. I think I can recommend If My Heart Had Wings (Konosora censored version) to any 12 years old French girls XDDDDDD, and maybe Subahibi to anyone else who is a big fan of Lucky Star because characters similarities.

For serious answer, I'll list it below.

• I guess I can recommend Ace Attorney to all of the teenager simply because it was available for console. Other than Ace Attorney, I'll mainly recommend Little Busters, Yoake, and Galaxy Angel trilogy - also I could recommend both of Dal Segno and Sorcery Jokers Steam version.
  • Then if the teenagers ready for more mature content (ie young adults), then all age VN with heave theme should be suffice (ie Fata Morgana, Rewrite, Tokyo Babel, and Symphonic Rain). Also they can try any moege with sex scenes (ie Dracu Riot, HatsuKoi, Tsujidou, Fureraba), well actually if not for sex scenes I could recommend those moege for teenagers.
  • For the adult, then I guess Seabed should be suffice along with Subahibi, Pygmalion, and Dies Irae.
  • For middle age, I don't know any specific recommendation but maybe ToHeart 2 XDDD.

Even though I made that list above, in the end I think age shouldn't matter to decided which VN that you want to play, because it's depend on what people would like. I mean it's not like I can say no for middle age to play Yoake, or young adults to play Seabed. In short, I agree with tymmur statement above.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, tymmur said:

I started wondering about what to write here and I came up with this:

For any age group: nothing specific

The reason is not that I wouldn't recommend VN reading. It's more if I should recommend something, age is not the primary factor. It's my impression that the difference between two random individuals of the same age is greater than the difference of one person when that person is in the different age groups mentioned here. Because of this, it's more like recommending against certain titles if people are too young, but the age will not tell what people will like.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I think the people who have posted have done a good job answering: "What novel would you recommend to people who fit their demographic."