What is the best looking visual novel?

Happiness+

I would say MusumakerHD. At least it's a clear winner for me regarding hours spent on a VN :wahaha:

However you should be aware that screenshots of the HD version seems to be quite rare. Google only found one, VNDB has none, the various shops (like DMM and getchu) has cheated and used screenshots from the old version. The demo is based on the old version. It's like the internet is trying to hide how much of a visual improvement the HD remake is. It's more than just higher resolution, though that in itself is naturally clearly visible.

I haven't read it, but Muv-Luv Alternative has got to be one of the best, right?  Every screenshot I've seen from it is gorgeous. Too bad I'll probably never want to read through the first Muv-Luv to get to it.

Of the VNs I have read, Subahibi wins in terms of looks I think.

Edited by PiggiesGoMoo

Fate/Stay Night I think it is still top notch quality wise the amount of effort put into their sprites alone are still fabulous. The way they are able to expertly choreograph their fights without animation is amazing.

Muv Luv Alternative also has  some amazing quality put into it especially with the battles and the individual sprites ability to turn their backs to you

Aoishiro which I recently finished also has quality through the roof

And yeah anything Innocent Grey makes because they completely stand out from the crowd. Their style and artistic direction are impeccable. They make some beautiful shit yo.

Looking through all the titles mentioned here (or the majority. There are a lot already), I can say one thing: the replies seems to be fairly subjective. While the majority are good looking, it seems that some people have managed to point out "the best" and then mention a title where I simply do not like the drawing style and consider it ugly. I will predict that as time passes, even more titles are mentioned (a number while writing this) and we will never agree. I think it's fine. People are diverse. That is what makes us human. However it makes it kind of pointless to talk about "the best" as it highly depends on who you ask.

Objectively speaking, there isn't really one stand-out title that's more visually appealing than the rest (if you discount the really bad ones). However, if you are just asking for an opinion, then here's mine: Muv Luv Alternative for battle scenes and Grisaia for art

Edited by wei123

I haven't played House in Fata Morgana yet (I even purposefully avoid researching the game in any way, as I want to enjoy it as much as possible when I finally get to it), so for now at least, my highly subjective vote goes to the Innocent Grey's titles in general, and Flowers series in particular. I just adore the aesthetic there and how consistent and coherent it is - every piece of UI, every CG fits into the overall style perfectly, there's never any kind of disconnection or drop is quality.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak