Romance VN like Yumiko Sakaki from Grisaia no Kajitsu

All4One

Hello :)
I am new on this forum and a friend of mine told me if I need some recommendation's for a specific Visual Novel I should ask her :D

2 weeks ago I started to read Grisaia no Kajitsu.
My first route was Yumiko Sakaki's and I love her route. After her route I went to Michiru.
I didn't like her route very much because the romance was really bad and it dosen't felt real. The drama was okay but I had several problem with her story, the romance and the MC.
After that I started to read Amane's route because a lot of people said her route is the best.
However I hate half of her route. Here, too the romance was just bad and not real. I didn't like it. Therefore I skipped instant to Angelic Howl.
Seriously, Angelic Howl was really good and it was something else. Nevertheless the romance just felt out of place in her route... Her route dosen't need a romance because of angelic howl it's already a very good route. 

My problem with the other's route are that they have a really bad romance... Sachi was okay. 
Yumiko's route was imo overall perfect! 
I loved Yumiko's story very much. The romance developed slowly. Yuuji didn't fall in love with her because he felt sorry for her like in Michiru's route. 
Furthermore imo Yumiko's character development was the best in the entire VN!
He just found a girl he could love. Furthermore, in my opinion, I think Yuuji development in this route was the most realistic and he was more "human" in Yumiko's route. 
I am sucker for good endings and I love her ending.

What I am looking for is a VN with a realstic romance like in Yumiko's route or a similar. Please no moeges... and no HETARE MC.

I already read: (+rating and my favorite route) 
Dracu-Riot! (7/10, Rio's route)
- Fate/stay night (9/10, Sakura's route)
- Princess Evangile + W. Happiness (9/10, Ayaka's and Ritsuko's route)
- Chrono Clock (9/10, Michiru's and Kuro's route)
- Da Capo II+III (6/10)
G-senjou no Maou (7/10)
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (8/10, Yuri's route)
Wagamama High Spec (5/10)
- Noble Works (4/10, dropped --> too much comedy)
- Koiken Otome (4/10, dropped --> Boring story, boring MC and the romance wasn't good) 
Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort (dropped --> Boring) 
Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete (Stalled, don't like the characters) 
- D.S. -Dal Segno- (Stalled) 
- Katawa Shoujo (dropped) 
-  
Clannad (dropped, didn't like it) 

The best Romance Story I read so far are:
1. Yumiko - Grisaia no Kajitsu --> Best romance Story! 
2. Michiru - Chrono Clock
3. Ayaka and Ritsuko - Princess Evangile
4. Kuro - Chrono Clock

I would really appreciate it if somebody has a good recommendation for me. 

PS: I am not a native english speaker and I hope my english skills aren't that bad. 

Edited by All4One

3 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

Wait, I didn't read grisaia yet, but who is Angelic Howl? Is that a secret route?

Who? It's a title bro :P 
Well, you could say it's the main story title in Amane's route. 

Edited by -soraa

13 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

So Angelic Howl is Amane?

Like I said yes.

Well, I can understand why All4One didn't like the romance in her route. The true greatness in Amane's route is and always will be:

Spoiler

p1816.jpg

Well, you could try Rewrite, maybe (?).
I never read it, maybe someone else knows if it has a similar Route to Yumiko's. 

Edited by -soraa

1 hour ago, -soraa said:

Like I said yes.

Well, I can understand why All4One didn't like the romance in her route. The true greatness in Amane's route is and always will be:

Reveal hidden contents

p1816.jpg

I never read it, maybe someone else knows if it has a similar Route to Yumiko's. 

btw, the spoiler is a huge spoiler so open at your own risk

4 hours ago, -soraa said:

No it doesn't. The only pure romance route in Rewrite is shorter than Yumkio's and doesn't feel like her route story-wise. The heroines routes also felt very rushed when compared to other pure-romance VNs. Plus, the supernatural/fantasy-themed, convoluted plot, and god damm longgggggg story will likely bored the OP to tears.

Perhaps he could try something like this, although it's not exactly like yumiko's route and the story's pretty sad, at least it's set on a possible future iteration of Earth, and has no SoL (he doesn't seem to like them) and isn't a Moege etc

Edited by phantomJS

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2018 at 7:41 PM, All4One said:

Yumiko's route was imo overall perfect! 
I loved Yumiko's story very much. The romance developed slowly. Yuuji didn't fall in love with her because he felt sorry for her like in Michiru's route. 
Furthermore imo Yumiko's character development was the best in the entire VN!
He just found a girl he could love. Furthermore, in my opinion, I think Yuuji development in this route was the most realistic and he was more "human" in Yumiko's route. 
I am sucker for good endings and I love her ending.

Just finished reading Grisaia no Kajitsu, i am new to this forum and vn in general. I came across your thread looking for the same recomendation basically.

i also love Yumiko route with the exact same reason so it safe to assume we have the same taste. i know this is an old thread but i would appreciate if you can update your list, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf? Why didn't you play Makina's route?

She seems pretty irritating initially but she is one of the best heroine. It doesn't feel as if her route was added just to please loli fans. There's a good plot, captivating drama, mesmerizing moments and a pretty memorable character development of both Yuji and Makina.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, Stormwolf said:

Sharin no kuni with natsumi

I wanted to play but the whole mechanic of choosing to romance them one by one gave me odd feeling. I think Sachi is the first girl and after you romance her, you just move onto other girls arcs. I didn't get the point of this. You choose to romance her and after her arc is completed she just takes a back seat. I was pretty angry at the person who recommended it to me. I dropped it after completing Sachi's arc