PS I Love You [Otoge][+18][Romance][Drama]

milkteebaby

(Whelp...here goes nothing. This is a game set in JP, but I have a good reason for this, I swear to God!)

mainpromoimage-small.jpg

PS: I LOVE YOU (R18)

VNDB

Website

Demo

Team: Eunsun Shin, Toxicmilkk (colorist), Lizm (colorist), Red L. Jameson (editor)

story.png

I’ve never thought about falling in love. 

I’m not even sure know what that means. 

My parents divorced when I was seven, but even before then, for as long as I could remember, their marriage was in tatters, both of them desperately hanging on to something they secretly knew was over. 

-------

College junior Kei Asakawa doesn’t believe in love. After a childhood spent watching her parents tear each other apart, she wants nothing to do with affairs of the heart. But one special day, she meets three men who could change her outlook on life—and love—forever.

PS: I Love You is a dating sim and visual novel in the otome “maiden” game genre, featuring over 100,000 words of original story, stunning illustrations, and three swoon-worthy men to choose from:

-          Naoki Takayama, the happy-go-lucky baseball star who’s been best friends with Kei since childhood

-          Haruhito Satou, the cold, efficient businessman hiding a heart of gold and an impoverished past

-          Shinichi Kougure, Kei’s playboy cafe-owner boss with walls of ice around his heart and a boy band history he’ll be forced to revisit

Can Kei win over any of the men who’ve caught her eye, and if so, which one? The road to love won’t be easy, between career-ending injuries, long distance relationships, endless paparazzi, and secret meet-ups, but you’ll decide what path Kei takes.

characters.png

aboutkei.jpg

aboutaiko.jpg

aboutnaoki.jpg

aboutharuhito.jpg

aboutshinichi.jpg

features.png

~70,000 - 100,000k word count (including common routes)

Multiple Good Ends (Lukewarm ends, no rapey bad ends)

Original OP song composed by nostraightanswer and recorded by rubysakura

Naoki's route is free to play, Haruhito/Shinichi is an additional $5 each

screenshot.png

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

info.png

The game, as of 4.6.2018, is about 25% complete. I've been focusing a great deal of my time working on the art (god, there's so much art) and unfortunately, the script's kind of fallen by the wayside. The synopsis/plotlines are all, er, plotted, so it's just a matter of writing the damn thing. I'm a fast writer, though, so I anticipate being able to complete AT LEAST Naoki's route by the end of this month, which is when I'll send it off to my beta testers. 

But I'm hoping to have a demo of PS: I<3 U available to play by the end of next week. The script is finished; it's about 15k and the demo will end when you get to the choosing scene. 

I think a May 30th release is wholly possible. Once the assets are complete, it's a matter of finishing the script, sending it off to the editor, and then programming it. 

(actually, now that I think about it, May 30 is not that far off, OTL)

Once I release the demo on itchio, I'll post up a short questionaire for you folks to fill out, if you would be so kind.

No questionaire. Just tell me your thoughts :) 

Edited by milkteebaby

13 minutes ago, milkteebaby said:

Haha!!!!! (...guuuhhhh...noooo...you discovered the secret routteeee.....)

If it's an actual thing you've found yourself a first buyer. :Chocola:

Looks cool in general, I like how different the heroes are. And coffeeshop as a theme for one of them... I like coffeeshops enough for it to be an actual factor. :3

• 2 weeks later...

Went through 3 different game engines and ultimately went back to Ren'Py. It doesn't look as flashy as Tyrano or VNM, but JAYSUS, it gets the job done. 

SOOOO CLOSE TO A WORKING DEMO. The prologue itself is around 13-14k words, which is roughly around half an hour of play, if one reads fast enough, I'spose.

Have updated SSs to share:

1.jpg  

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Really hoping to have the demo ready by the end of THIS WEEK. I'm just waiting for one CG scene to be colored/shaded. 

• 3 weeks later...

(Note: I had never played or had an interest in Otome or OELVN before reading this demo. As such, my opinions expressed in this post will reflect accordingly and should be a bias perspective)

Just finished the demo. Great job on the OELVN @milkteebaby! :) 

Firstly, the writing is pretty good. It is lively, and the demo is interestingly written. It's very novel-ish in style though. Not sure if it's good or bad, but just wanted to point it out.

The soundtrack is pretty good as well and greatly captures or set the mood, especially the scene at the end of the demo.

As for the artwork, it's my first time seeing this type of art and I find it very unique:

kPLqFF7.png

Your studio also took real life photos and modified them, and i find the results to be pretty good:

R2ew7bB.png                                cjmg3hs.png

Overall, I like the artwork and style a lot :)

There are some issues with the demo which I would like to highlight though:

Firstly, there are small grammatical errors in the demo (My average english proficiency has gone down the drain though. Posting this comment for what it's worth :P). Also, there are dialogue placement errors too (such as sequence of conversation when the reader first met Naoki in the VN).

The most important thing is this: the VN looks and feels like it takes place in a western country instead of Japan:

5ru8YM7.png 

\IKkhvdu.png                             squKUJx.png

I think it's very difficult to convince readers otherwise unless your side dramatically overhaul the entire VN.

Personally it did not affect me nor my initial good impression of it. Just wanted to highlight this in case it's important to you :)

I think the final product will be great. Try to market it to first time OENVL / Otome readers like myself. This demo certainly made a very good impression on me and I like it a lot :)

Best of luck with your project! :)

Edited by phantomJS