Well Hi There (que generic greeting here)

NotAce

As you can see i cant really offer anything interesting to start off the conversation, other than saying something along the lines of "Hi, im new to VN's and i love what you guys do here, nice to meet yall" (A bit cliched isn't it?)

I have been to this site quite a few times and love the community here, hope we get along and no ones get annoyed by my (incoming) nub questions, which i will be guessing has been asked a millions times before :) 

Funfact: Audio is one of my passions, if anyone here shares the same interest, hit me up. I also dabble into philosophy and science quite a bit but i mainly spend my free time trying out VN's now, so any recommendation would be appreciated 

Hi! :sachi:It's fine if you are new to vns; that's what the recommendation section is for :maple:

Btw, your vndb profile link doesn't work. Your vndb link should be pointing to your user id, not your username. For example, in my case, it would be 138532.

vndb.png

Edited by wei123

Insert generic welcome message as response to generic greeting.

1 hour ago, NotAce said:

Audio is one of my passions

Now I wonder how such a passion can be used in the VN community. Usually translation projects will use whatever audio comes with the VN and not touch anything and as such has no need for knowledge in this area. However people writing their own VNs from scratch might benefit from a person with an interest and knowledge in that area.

If you want to know about all the VNs that have been officially released in english I made a list containing that not too long ago, should be a quick way to get informed about what is available since you probably don't know about too many titles at the moment.

The VNs are sorted by popularity on vndb and average vndb vote, so it shouldn't be too difficult to use to find some interesting VNs.

Edited by bakauchuujin

On 4/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

(like mine here: https://vndb.org/u134859), not the nick. :)

Thanks for the heads up! Will be fixing it now :) 

On 4/5/2018 at 7:21 PM, mitchhamilton said:

hello and welcome! :mare: 

Hi :Kappa: (Generic enough?!)

On 4/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, wei123 said:

Btw, your vndb profile link doesn't work.

Guess declaring myself as a nub beforehand was a smart move aye?

On 4/5/2018 at 8:01 PM, phantomJS said:

Like what Plk_Lesaik said, don't worry about asking questions as this community is quite friendly (I can attest after having been here for a week)

Thanks, nice meeting you as well :) 

On 4/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, tymmur said:

Insert generic welcome message as response to generic greeting.

Fair enough :wacko:

On 4/5/2018 at 9:14 PM, bakauchuujin said:

The VNs are sorted by popularity on vndb and average vndb vote, so it shouldn't be too difficult to use to find some interesting VNs.

Can you tell me what's the time? Cuz i can't stop staring at you *blush*

Jokes aside, thats super helpful! Thank you :)

23 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Que another generic welcome along with a reminder that your VNDB link doesn't work.

True, your the 3rd person to mention it! And hi :) 

22 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :mare: (is that generic enough?)

um, idk  how to break it to you, but not quite....someone beat you to the punch :(

22 hours ago, Thyndd said:

It's not like we wanted to have you here or anything... b-baka :yumiko: (now THAT'S generic) 

Welcome to Fuwa! Hope you enjoy your stay :sachi:

D-d-damn....i dont know who you are and how your doing this...but i must admit, you are a worthy adversary :isla:

22 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Welcome to Fuw0 (generic welcome to the forums)

Just how i like it!

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and yeah my message here was pretty generic as well lol. If you really need some help in regard of VN, feel free to do so and we'll see what we can do to solve the problem. I hope that you'll be able to have fun here.

Thanks for the warm welcome, looking to get to know yall and hope we get along :)