Spring 2018 Anime Discussion

Plk_Lesiak

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Yep, of this season. 

Well, no idea what you're watching (apart from Steins;Gate 4), but what I'm following is:

• Golden Kamuy
  • Darling in the FranXX
  • Hozuki no Reitetsu (S1 was better)
  • Megalo Box
  • Comic Girls (3/4 great 1/4 crap)
  • Isekai Izakaya (pretty bad, but does remind me of better shows)

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Well, no idea what you're watching (apart from Steins;Gate 4), but what I'm following is:

• Golden Kamuy
  • Darling in the FranXX
  • Hozuki no Reitetsu (S1 was better)
  • Megalo Box
  • Comic Girls (3/4 great 1/4 crap)
  • Isekai Izakaya (pretty bad, but does remind me of better shows)

I wanted to watch Golden Kamui, is it interesting enough? 

8 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I wanted to watch Golden Kamui, is it interesting enough? 

I think so. The anime manages to strike an impressive balance between story and action. There's never too much of either, and we even get some chill scenes around.

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

I think so. The anime manages to strike an impressive balance between story and action. There's never too much of either, and we even get some chill scenes around.

I'm mostly interested because of the depiction of ainu culture, which is prolly the first time i seen in an anime. 

Excellent episode 9 of Steins;Gate 0, we're on a good ride, now that the animation staff is in a good mood, and is delivering one good episode after another.

Spoiler

They are going for both Vega & Altair and Twin Automata route...weird.

Episode 8 of FMP: Invisible Victory was good enough, the action was pretty good and it does look like the plot's going to move forward. Still

Spoiler

kinda feels like they really wasted some interesting potential by just killing off Nami like that, especially since that makes that bit of foreshadowing they did in the previous episode as to whether or not she was a Whispered or just a really talented mechanic pointless

Episode 10 of Hinamatsuri was fine, but something about the first half just felt like a little too much was packed in there on Hitomi's end. Anzu's half was better, especially in pacing, even if it was a bit predictable.

1 hour ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Episode 8 of FMP: Invisible Victory was good enough, the action was pretty good and it does look like the plot's going to move forward. Still

Reveal hidden contents

kinda feels like they really wasted some interesting potential by just killing off Nami like that, especially since that makes that bit of foreshadowing they did in the previous episode as to whether or not she was a Whispered or just a really talented mechanic pointless

From what I gather with FMP it's being quite true to the light novels, though I haven't read them, but

Spoiler

I agree it is a shame they killed Nami off so easily after introducing her character at such length. It seemed rushed to me and for some reason didn't have the emotional impact it should have had on me. I guess it's just a plot device to make Sousuke go nuts.

1 hour ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Episode 10 of Hinamatsuri was fine, but something about the first half just felt like a little too much was packed in there on Hitomi's end. Anzu's half was better, especially in pacing, even if it was a bit predictable.

A lot of the Hitomi material is hit and miss. It's quite cringeworthy which sometimes works and unfortunately sometimes doesn't.

I gave up on Sakura clear card about halfway through the series because, well, frankly it was boring. Nonetheless with episode 22 I decided to grab just the last episode to see what happened and... what a stinker. That was such a shit ending I'm glad I didn't persist. About the only good thing about the entire series was Sakura reuniting with Xiaoling in the first episode (which for simplicity has become Shaoran everywhere now which also annoys me.)

Cutie Honey Universe is ok, not great but not bad. The animation leaves alot to be desired, and the plots feel rushed at times, though the 2nd half has been more interesting ever since they decided to pull classic Go Nagai. Honey seems to suffer almost every episode during the 2nd half, so I'm expecting that the entire main cast sans her will be dead by the end since they're going the manga route and above.

I'll check out FranXX one of these days.

Since I didn't want to just watch sequels this seasons, I sat down, started watching Hinamatsuri..... and couldn't stop until I arrived at the current episode because I loved it to bits and pieces.

The comedy and especially its timing is brilliant, the animation is great and very consistent in quality and Hina might become one of my favorite characters this year. I love her deadpan personality and her dumb but still endearing behaviour. Why does a series like this have just 12 episodes and horseshit like Black Clover 51? :rubycry:

• 3 weeks later...

Tada-kun wa koi wo shinai had a happy ending so it should have made it to my ultimately satisfying anime list but the show itself and its characters were so bland and meh that it didn't rate highly enough in my eyes to get there, while Umamusume pipped it at the post ;)