Spring 2018 Anime Discussion

Plk_Lesiak

So, so far, my rating of each episode of steins;gate 0

Episode 1 : a solid 10/10, this is how you get people hyped for a series, this is really a great start.
Episode 2 : 9/10, nothing specially bad, but the animation isn't really that great.
Episode 3 : 8/10, i'm starting to get worried about the animation, is the team that much incompetent?
Episode 4 and 5 : 6/10 because the animation was really bad, even if the plot is still great and excellent.
Episode 6 : 9/10 : Ah, finally we're getting back some good animation, it's still not as amazing as the OG series in term of animation, but the plot, the characters, the developpement, everything plot wise is great. 

Spoiler

Oh and i forgot : JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRLS DOKO NI IRUNDERU LINTAHLO?!

Wasn't part of this episode, hence i gave it a 9/10.

Episode 7 : 11/10, This is why i watch steins;gate 0, finally the animation is at a "decent" level, but man, the plot, the feels, the greatness...etc i love this series.

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

On 5/25/2018 at 6:27 PM, Kurisu-Chan said:

Episode 7 : 11/10, This is why i watch steins;gate 0, finally the animation is at a "decent" level, but man, the plot, the feels, the greatness...etc i love this series.

Fuck yeah, man. I just got caught up on S;G 0, so expect to see me hyping this shit with ya now. Seriously, these plot twists are what made me fall in love with the series in the first place. I was worried this anime would be stuck in movie/OVA hell, but I am so stoked S;G is getting a proper 2-core series to enjoy a fully fleshed out plot. And thankfully White Fox is going all out yet again. What a time to be alive! :kosame:

14 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Fuck yeah, man. I just got caught up on S;G 0, so expect to see me hyping this shit with ya now. Seriously, these plot twists are what made me fall in love with the series in the first place. I was worried this anime would be stuck in movie/OVA hell, but I am so stoked S;G is getting a proper 2-core series to enjoy a fully fleshed out plot. And thankfully White Fox is going all out yet again. What a time to be alive! :kosame:

One of us! one of us!

Also be sure to watch My hero academia season 3, 10/10 Shounen series. 

5 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Best episode ever. BEST EPISODE EVER!

Sorry, i have to finish crying in a river.

So much passion :sacchan: Every wednesdey I look forward to the new S;G0 episode AND your comment on this thread. Haven't watched the episode yet though, let's fix that! 

EDIT: Ok, watched.

Spoiler

Fuck this episode T_T

Edited by Thyndd

Just recently got around to finally have time to watch some of the airing anime and so far hinamatsuri is definitely a hit for me. I really like comic girls too, it's pretty fun and relatable as an artist. Steins gate 0 is obviously my fave this season as well as mha season 3 that I am currently catching up to. Gonna watch megalo box, legend of the galactic heroes, food wars 4, golden kamuy and gonna catch up on Black clover next.

I usually don't watch airing anime, cuz don't wanna wait for the next episodes, especially if i like the show very much. Just imagining i have to wait for new episode of "Boku no Hero"... Especially when i know they're gonna be awesome, considering the manga... No, just no, i have plenty of shows to watch as it is. But i can make one exception to this rule, and i've done it now - started to watch "High School DxD Hero", because know for certain that won't especially like the show, so no "GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW!" here. Just watch for completion, as finished all 3 seasons beforehand. So finished 6 episodes. And like i thought it's mostly trash, really. Many people would disagree, considering the fact that it is 4th season, so there is demand for it, but... No. It's kinda difficult now to think that i actually like S1 very much, i consider it very good. But starting from S2 and especially S3 it's a straight road to trash can... Moreover, it's

Spoiler

the same stuff:

1). Strong enemy -> BOOST! -> killed him

2). Stronger enemy -> DOUBLE BOOST!! -> killed him

3). Way more stronger enemy, super strong one -> TRIPLE MEGA BOOST!!! -> killed him

4). Ultra mega super strong enemy -> SUPER MEGA BOOST!!! EXTREME VERSION! -> killed him

over and over and over again. Yeah, very interesting...

3 hours ago, cro-mag said:

I usually don't watch airing anime, cuz don't wanna wait for the next episodes, especially if i like the show very much. Just imagining i have to wait for new episode of "Boku no Hero"... Especially when i know they're gonna be awesome, considering the manga... No, just no, i have plenty of shows to watch as it is. But i can make one exception to this rule, and i've done it now - started to watch "High School DxD Hero", because know for certain that won't especially like the show, so no "GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE RIGHT NOW!" here. Just watch for completion, as finished all 3 seasons beforehand. So finished 6 episodes. And like i thought it's mostly trash, really. Many people would disagree, considering the fact that it is 4th season, so there is demand for it, but... No. It's kinda difficult now to think that i actually like S1 very much, i consider it very good. But starting from S2 and especially S3 it's a straight road to trash can... Moreover, it's

Hide contents

the same stuff:

1). Strong enemy -> BOOST! -> killed him

2). Stronger enemy -> DOUBLE BOOST!! -> killed him

3). Way more stronger enemy, super strong one -> TRIPLE MEGA BOOST!!! -> killed him

4). Ultra mega super strong enemy -> SUPER MEGA BOOST!!! EXTREME VERSION! -> killed him

over and over and over again. Yeah, very interesting...

You just described the formula for every action shounen anime ever. At least DXD also has boobs.

2 hours ago, ittaku said:

You just described the formula for every action shounen anime ever. At least DXD also has boobs.

You know, maybe... But, honestly, that's the first time it actually caught my eye so obviously. I see no progress throughout the series at all. Boobs may be, but starting from S3 it's just mostly plain irritating than fun.

41 minutes ago, cro-mag said:

You know, maybe... But, honestly, that's the first time it actually caught my eye so obviously. I see no progress throughout the series at all. Boobs may be, but starting from S3 it's just mostly plain irritating than fun.

To be honest, I think I'm only watching for 2 things right now: Boobs, and for the 2 of them to finally get together ffs. The lacklustre ending to the last series where they wimped out and did the status-quo virgin harem forever type ending was too much for me since I know that's not how the story is supposed to end.

2 minutes ago, ittaku said:

To be honest, I think I'm only watching for 2 things right now: Boobs, and for the 2 of them to finally get together ffs. The lacklustre ending to the last series where they wimped out and did the status-quo virgin harem forever type ending was too much for me since I know that's not how the story is supposed to end.

Do you know how it ends? There are 26 (!!) volumes + 3 spin-offs, according to wiki. And i heard that all these volumes are all about the same stuff we see in anime, so i can't imagine how it could be fun to read all of it... Dunno just how long do they plan on doing seasons...

S;G 0 spoiler out there.

Spoiler

A whole new worldline, that was never explored before...i am...This time, they are going for anime original, and it may mean quite a lot of things.

While episode 8 gave me faith in the future of this series, now we're entering the main dish, it is time to see if this adaptation will rise to the glory, and get into a spiraling downfall.

1 hour ago, cro-mag said:

Do you know how it ends? There are 26 (!!) volumes + 3 spin-offs, according to wiki. And i heard that all these volumes are all about the same stuff we see in anime, so i can't imagine how it could be fun to read all of it... Dunno just how long do they plan on doing seasons...

I know enough to know how it ends, or at least how the relationships end up.

Ah, good ol' Japan with Comic Girls 9. Of course you had to go with the whole "thin girl gains 1 Kg, immediately becomes obsessed about being a disgusting pig" schtick. The whole conclusion to Koyume's arc is appallingly stupid, too. She accepts and concedes to being "not skeletal" as a sacrifice, to be able to focus on her manga, like it's some horrendous curse. And she ends up losing weight due to "concentrating very hard", a cheap solution for the anime.

Why do the hurt us so @ittaku?

Edited by Jun Inoue

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Ah, good ol' Japan with Comic Girls 9. Of course you had to go with the whole "thin girl gains 1 Kg, immediately becomes obsessed about being a disgusting pig" schtick. The whole conclusion to Koyume's arc is appallingly stupid, too. She accepts and concedes to being "not skeletal" as a sacrifice, to be able to focus on her manga, like it's some horrendous curse. And she ends up losing weight due to "concentrating very hard", a cheap solution for the anime.

Why do the hurt us so @ittaku?

Japan has a rate of obesity of...1 to 2%.

Source : dude trust me. wwww

15 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Japan has a rate of obesity of...1 to 2%.

Source : dude trust me. wwww

I mean, we all know that this is how the Japanese reproduce. They eat a ton and split in 2. Only sterile people get fat.

Edited by Jun Inoue

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

I mean, we all know that this is how the Japanese breed. They eat a ton and split in 2. Only sterile people get fat.

Well, they do sterilize the unfit and the "mentally" ill, in Japan.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/01/30/national/crime-legal/woman-sues-government-japan-forced-sterilization-scrapped-eugenics-law/#.WxHAwEiFPcc

(This happened after the fall of the nippon teikoku, after the nazi stuff and all btw)

Otherwise, Jun, any anime you want to advice me to watch? 

I've finally caught up to the latest episode of Darling in the Franxx and damn, that series is intense. I'm not sure if I fully like the direction it went to after the 14th episode and the culmination of the "Zero Two vs the squad" drama, but it's still basically all I ever want from a sci-fi anime - it's dark, imaginative, reasonably surprising, emotionally engaging...

Plus 02 is basically a perfect non-cute anime waifu. I don't even know how to describe this aspect of the show, as it both feels like a giant sexual innuendo and doesn't really delve into petty fanservice or get's vulgar in other ways like a real ecchi series would. It perfected walking this thin line where sexual themes are present in some ways but don't feel forced and don't take you out of the experience, at least after you get used to the peculiarities of the setting.

Now I just hope they won't sacrifice 02 to save humanity or something like that. I would really hate that. :s

----

Oh, BTW, it seems a character without an obvious death flag actually died in Toji no Miko! I half-expect some absurd resurrection happening soon, but maybe they'll actually make all that sword-swinging meaningful for once. Although, I pretty much hate all the plot development that led to the said death, so it's not that I seriously care what they'll do now. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Oh, BTW, it seems a character without an obvious death flag actually died in Toji no Miko! Although I half-expect some absurd resurrection happening soon, but maybe they'll actually make all that sword-swinging meaningful for once. Although, I pretty much hate all the plot development that led to the said death, so it's not that I seriously care what they'll do now. :P

btw is toji no miko worth watching, i never tried starting it because I thought it was another ''gacha like'' anime like ange vierge or kantai collection, but if the characters are decent i might check it out.

Just now, novision said:

btw is toji no miko worth watching, i never tried starting it because I thought it was another ''gacha like'' anime like ange vierge or kantai collection, but if the characters are decent i might check it out.

It's one of the worst series I've ever seen, I'm watching it purely out of curiosity. Both the characters and the story are unbearably flat and cliched, the pacing is pretty bad with a lot of tedious exposition and slow story progression. And the plot armor protecting pretty much everyone, good or bad, from getting seriously harmed kills any kind of suspense could've had otherwise. Pure trash (although not everyone agrees with me on that).

Just now, Plk_Lesiak said:

It's one of the worst series I've ever seen, I'm watching it purely out of curiosity. Both the characters and the story are unbearably flat and cliched, the pacing is pretty bad with a lot of tedious exposition and slow story progression. And the plot armor protecting pretty much everyone, good or bad, from getting seriously harmed kills any kind of suspense could've had otherwise. Pure trash (although not everyone agrees with me on that).

Alright thanks for the warning aha I'll make sure to avoid it and watch something else worth my time. :sachi:

1 hour ago, novision said:

Definitely not. I tried, I really did, but gave up by ep17. Ange vierge was much more fun.

21 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Well, they do sterilize the unfit and the "mentally" ill, in Japan.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/01/30/national/crime-legal/woman-sues-government-japan-forced-sterilization-scrapped-eugenics-law/#.WxHAwEiFPcc

(This happened after the fall of the nippon teikoku, after the nazi stuff and all btw)

Otherwise, Jun, any anime you want to advice me to watch? 

Classic Japan, lol.

Do you mean of this season?