Spring 2018 Anime Discussion

Plk_Lesiak

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

"Watered down Isekai Shokudou" sounds boring as hell though. It's not like that show had a lot of substance in the first place, mostly it was just nice to look at (I too liked it, but apart from Aletta's story there really was so little meaningful stuff in it)...

Well, I think I'll avoid this new thing, I'm watching two bad shows already (Toji no Miko and Grancrest Senki), I'll rather focus my perpetually insufficient free time on catching up with Darling in the Franxx now. :] 

I should also try to catch up with darling in the franxx but my rerererererererererererererererewatch of the first 3 episodes of S;G 0 have high priority over ANYTHING.

3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

"Watered down Isekai Shokudou" sounds boring as hell though. It's not like that show had a lot of substance in the first place, mostly it was just nice to look at (I too liked it, but apart from Aletta's story there really was so little meaningful stuff in it)...

Well, I think I'll avoid this new thing, I'm watching two bad shows already (Toji no Miko and Grancrest Senki), I'll rather focus my perpetually insufficient free time on catching up with Darling in the Franxx now. :] 

It wasn't precisely deep, but I actually believed the characters it presented, and their problems and life, so the interactions and such in the restaurant were nice to watch, apart from entertaining. But with this anime... it feels kinda shallow. The characters are excuses to show a short scene with food and exaggerated reactions, and then perhaps the interesting part of the show: when it ends and we get 5 minutes of a dude teaching about Japanese cuisine.

45 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

My only objective in life, get this thread renamed as Steins;Gate 0 2018 anime discussion, i won't stop until i succeed. 

Interesting. How much are you willing to invest in this plan? I'm open for suggestions, if appropriate incentives are attached. :sachi:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

22 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

My only objective in life, get this thread renamed as Steins;Gate 0 2018 anime discussion, i won't stop until i succeed. 

Trying to make this the next Re:Zero, eh? :makina:

Don't get me wrong, I love Steins;Gate more than any other anime out there (and I will be watching Steins;Gate 0 when my Summer break starts), but it's not even gonna come close to achieving the same level of controversy as Re:Zero.

53 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Trying to make this the next Re:Zero, eh? :makina:

Don't get me wrong, I love Steins;Gate more than any other anime out there (and I will be watching Steins;Gate 0 when my Summer break starts), but it's not even gonna come close to achieving the same level of controversy as Re:Zero.

www obviously i am the dude who shout about S;G every single, day, i am just playing my role. 

Also it took 12 episodes before Re;Zero became a controversy (and before i started hating it) 

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

When did Re;Zero become a controversy.

I dunno, it certainly became popular, and as it is frequently the case when things get popular, there are some people who get very passionate about it, in both extremes. Then there are others who just do it for the memes, like myself :makina:

I'm patiently waiting for some GOOD "person gets sent to another world and there's quality world building and indepth characters, even some political bullshittery" anime to be released, because at the moment we've got a bunch of "person gets sent to superficial alternate worlds populated by superficial characters ... and there's a gimmick. Watch the show people we have a gimmick, everybody loves gimmicks right?" 

We've had in another world with time loops, we've had smartphones, we've had advanced knowledge about mechs, I wonder how long it'll take before they run out of ideas. Twelve Kingdoms did the genre well at a time when there weren't many of these sorts of shows being made. Nowadays there's tons of Isekai and many of them suck. Re;Zero doesn't suck though, it's just not that good :P 

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

You don't remember the complaints we got about monopolizing the Summer 2016 thread? Man that was fun! :wahaha:

Things have gotten very quiet around here. Extensive posting would probably be quite welcome. Setting myself up for a massive flaming, I for one think SG;0 is good but not brilliant. I think @Kurisu-Chan is just living off the glow of reliving his favourite characters. Then again I never particularly warmed to Okabe in the first and he's just an emo teenager in an adult body this time around...

4 hours ago, ittaku said:

Things have gotten very quiet around here. Extensive posting would probably be quite welcome. Setting myself up for a massive flaming, I for one think SG;0 is good but not brilliant. I think @Kurisu-Chan is just living off the glow of reliving his favourite characters. Then again I never particularly warmed to Okabe in the first and he's just an emo teenager in an adult body this time around...

23 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Also, I'm personally having a blast with Golden Kamuy and Comic Girls.

SG;0... is the kind of anime I'll wait for it to end and then binge it, probably.

Ah, so he was just fanboying. Well that's alright, I'll get to watching it soon. Only a few days of finals hell left before I get to pick up a few anime this season.

Golden Kamuy looks cool as hell, and Comic Girls seems diabetes-inducing. Heck, I even might try out Mahou Shoujo Site just to hear Kizuna AI's voice acting.

26 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Ah, so he was just fanboying. Well that's alright, I'll get to watching it soon. Only a few days of finals hell left before I get to pick up a few anime this season.

Golden Kamuy looks cool as hell, and Comic Girls seems diabetes-inducing. Heck, I even might try out Mahou Shoujo Site just to hear Kizuna AI's voice acting.

You'll love Kaos so hard. Self-depreciating cutie.

6 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

There is nothing wrong in fanboying when the material is good. 

10 hours ago, ittaku said:

No no, part of me is overexagerating, the other is geniunely enjoying an actual good show that happens to have, so far, an excellent characterization, also emo teenager, sure, suure, like you'd do better.

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

No no, part of me is overexagerating, the other is genuinely enjoying an actual good show that happens to have, so far, an excellent characterisation, also emo teenager, sure, suure, like you'd do better.

Over-exaggerating is a tautology.

Just now, ittaku said:

Over-exaggerating is a tautology.

wwwwww

Also, episode 4 is out and.

Wait, are people even expecting something other than me screaming for 24 minutes?

Okay...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES