Spring 2018 Anime Discussion

Plk_Lesiak

My god, playing Persona 5 with the English dub really left me unprepared for the horror of some of the jp voices... Kamoshida and Ryuji sound horrible. :nokia:

@ittakuI've heard that Kawahara has nothing to do with the new SAO, so maybe, BIG MAYBE, it miiiiiight not be a heinous crime against human rights.

PD: Since the topic of Re:Zero has resurfaced... I'll say that the show certainly benefitted from the week-to-week wait. Its most important arc, the last one, was basically insane cliffhanger after insane cliffhanger, which will have quite a reduced effect when binge-watching it. Also, the whole theory crafting and discussing while the show aired, etc. It was an anime with some actual depth/substance, in a genre that tends to be filled to the brim with filler garbage.

Edited by Jun Inoue

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

My god, playing Persona 5 with the English dub really left me unprepared for the horror of some of the jp voices... Kamoshida and Ryuji sound horrible. :nokia:

@ittakuI've heard that Kawahara has nothing to do with the new SAO, so maybe, BIG MAYBE, it miiiiiight not be a heinous crime against human rights.

PD: Since the topic of Re:Zero has resurfaced... I'll say that the show certainly benefitted from the week-to-week wait. Its most important arc, the last one, was basically insane cliffhanger after insane cliffhanger, which will have quite a reduced effect when binge-watching it. Also, the whole theory crafting and discussing while the show aired, etc. It was an anime with some actual depth/substance, in a genre that tends to be filled to the brim with filler garbage.

It hurts to say it but...

Based WhiteFox can do miracles. wwww 

For me, i stopped before the last arc mostly because my interest was lost after episode 18, and maybe i should've continued, but it was too much for me. 

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

It hurts to say it but...

Based WhiteFox can do miracles. wwww 

For me, i stopped before the last arc mostly because my interest was lost after episode 18, and maybe i should've continued, but it was too much for me. 

Possibly. I mean, if you got to episode 18, it's a pity to drop it before the last stretch. Although the chained cliffhangers might have had a reduced effect on you if you were barely interested to begin with.

You double posted because you're passionate like that.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:08 AM, Thyndd said:

I know it's kinda lame to say "just wait some more" when you've already watched 8 episodes, way past the 3 episode rule as it were... but I'll say it anyway. Watch at least the 15 first episodes, and if by that time you are not thrilled, then definitely drop it. That's my suggestion anyway :sachi:

15 episodes is more than halfway through a usual 24 episode series. If a show has to wait that long to get good...well, I don't have that kind of time to waste. 

15 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Possibly. I mean, if you got to episode 18, it's a pity to drop it before the last stretch. Although the chained cliffhangers might have had a reduced effect on you if you were barely interested to begin with.

You double posted because you're passionate like that.

True, true.

I'd say, while i like White Fox's way of cliffhanging their shows(and also rewrite shit plots, because let's be honest here, the writer of Re;Zero is almost as shitty as the Sakura VN writers...well maybe not that much, but man, he straight sucks) But too much cliffhangers destroys the importance of a cliffhanger, it's a tool, not a necessity, which is why i was kinda disappointed by the last parts' cliffhangers, they were artificial (for me) rather than geniune like some of the prior cliffhangers.

In other news : Re;Zero manga/LN = don't even bother with it unless you can't wait.
Re;Zero anime = Go for it, even if i am not a fan of it, just go for it cause it is a legit good anime.

And yes, i'll say the same thing if they do it in S;G 0. I'm not a hypocrite. (that was a lie, btw, there is no way i can be objective about my reason to live )

P.S : What the fuck anime fans, what the fuck? why ruining anime with good plots just because of waifu reasons? you guys are scum on earth, to threaten entertainers for such petty reasons. 

Edited by Kurisu-Chan

8 hours ago, ittaku said:

Sometimes you just need sequels like SG;0 and FMP4 to remind you what anime SHOULD be like. Goddamnit, why do I watch so much shit normally? I'm gonna have to be more ruthless with my watch selection to stop wasting time...

Not only S;G 0 and FMP4, don't forget about stuff like legend of galactic heroes or the new captain tsubasa, or even the new SAO anime(yes i say it, it is not bad now that worst characters aren't here), This season is pure gold, we better cherish it.

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Not only S;G 0 and FMP4, don't forget about stuff like legend of galactic heroes or the new captain tsubasa, or even the new SAO anime(yes i say it, it is not bad now that worst characters aren't here), This season is pure gold, we better cherish it.

Yeah I mentioned the others earlier, though I've never watched Tsubasa so it doesn't hold the same history for me. I agree, SAO is currently awesome, let's hope it doesn't do what seasons 1 and 2 did.

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Axww thanks man, the only thing i was missing. 

Np Christina

Jokes aside, I'm also looking forward to it. After watching the second episode I think it's pretty clear that they are putting a lot of care into it. 

Wow FMP, just wow... They pulled out all the stops in this one, and goddamn the dialogue is so good... shame the translation didn't capture it.

Spoiler

Chidori and Sousuke both had a clear confession of their love for each other in Japanese as well as the fact they're scared of each other which was a beautiful moment, yet the subs watered it down by saying 'care for you'.  I've been waiting 4 seasons for this moment and the subs didn't capture it :(

3 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Man, Isekai Izakaya feels like a watered-down version of Isekai Shokudou. It's entertaining, but... does feel quite shallow.

"Watered down Isekai Shokudou" sounds boring as hell though. It's not like that show had a lot of substance in the first place, mostly it was just nice to look at (I too liked it, but apart from Aletta's story there really was so little meaningful stuff in it)...

Well, I think I'll avoid this new thing, I'm watching two bad shows already (Toji no Miko and Grancrest Senki), I'll rather focus my perpetually insufficient free time on catching up with Darling in the Franxx now. :]