Looking for a good VN with an edgelord mc

ImNiceWithRice

Lmao I have a guilty pleasure of liking edgelord characters in general and was wondering if there were any good VN's out there with edgelord mc's Xd. Preferably with an action or fantasy focus with some romance. Oh and if possible can they be translated or is currently being translated, my jap is almost non existent. Oh yeah and I love me some dark pasts as well, it's almost a staple in the edgelord characters I like though it's not necessary. 

My right eye throbs writing this topic btw ._.

Not the best example out there, but there's Grisaia no Kajitsu https://vndb.org/v5154 . All the heroines, and the protag have some dark pasts (in spite of the over the top comedy in the common route).

The protag's past is only really explored in the sequel, Grisaia no Meikyuu though https://vndb.org/v7723 .

Yuuji is less an edgelord, and more a badass (at times).

32 minutes ago, ImNiceWithRice said:

Nice, most of them look interesting so I'll check them out later. Funny thing tho was I was trying to avoid Dies Irae cuz I heard from one of my friends that he stopped reading other novels like it cuz they just don't compare. Guess there's no avoiding it and I'll get it soon.

Read it last... or at least after Comyu and Tokyo Babel.  You can't really avoid comparing everything with Dies Irae once you've played it, but Tokyo Babel, which has a similar 'direction' suffers the most in comparison.

15 hours ago, Clephas said:

I'm assuming by edgelord you mean dark hero/antihero protags...  the obvious ones would be FSN, Tsukihime, Comyu, Tokyo Babel, and Dies Irae.

Pretty much this, I'd recommend Comyu, Tokyo Babel and Dies as well.

Sorcery Jokers has two protags, one of them is a true edgelord type. Also one female character/protag that I'd say is an edgelord too.

Dies Irae didn't really do it for me... I thought the routes were kind of repetitive in comparison to each other, and I get annoyed by repetition very quickly, which is actually ironic given the philosophical concept underlying the plot of Dies Irae :lol: 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, Clephas said:

I'm assuming by edgelord you mean dark hero/antihero protags...  the obvious ones would be FSN, Tsukihime, Comyu, Tokyo Babel, and Dies Irae.

FSN, Dies Irae Protags are definitely not edgelords. They're the opposites, they're clueless, badly programmed robots, and a couple of dunces.

When I think of "edgy" I tend to think of being passive-aggressive in a provocative way, like being incredibly sarcastic. Or just being plain contrarian (everybody likes Naruto so I'll say it's crap to be edgy). An edgeLORD is someone who is Lord of all edges, so naturally somebody who hoards pointy things to the point of absurdity who engages in this behaviour all the time.

FSN protagonist is so not an edgelord :P