[EDIT: Polls added!] Fureraba ~Friend To Lover~ released on Nutaku! (notable feature: Uncensored adult CGs)

NowItsAngeTime

Fureraba Favorites Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which route do you like most?

• Hiiragi Yuzuyu
    • Mochizuki Rina
    • Minahara Himari
    • Secret Black Hair Girl
  2. 2. Which heroine do you like most?

• Hiiragi Yuzuyu
    • Mochizuki Rina
    • Minahara Himari
    • Secret Black Hair Girl

using a walkthrough, i managed to get both rina and himari @ full affection with 7 days left, i view some cute jealousy scenes but still didnt unlock the 28th track did you guys unlock it?

EDIT: Funnerific says that jp version has only 27 tracks in the bgm player. so maybe a bug or something???

Edited by wyldstrykr

Man I was pondering if I should start with Rina or Himari

Then Rina's jealous scene with Himari appeared and I was SOLD (I was tryna romance them both)

Now that I've finished Rina's route and started up Himari's I feel kind of bad after everything Rina told the MC during her route TT

Edited by Meykkei

On 4/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, Zenophilious said:

Unless you know JP, you literally have no way of determining that.  The only way you can tell if a translated script is "faithful" to the original is by comparing the same lines from both releases, and even then you can argue about the minutia of the translated sentences, like tone, connotation, appropriate word choices, the overall quality of the prose, etc.

I sincerely doubt that anyone that's either praising or bashing the script has done enough research to actually be able to back up their claims with evidence.

Japanese has to be one of the easiest languages to learn so yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished with Himahima's (Himari) route, and for the next route I'll go with Rina's. The route itself pretty much mostly contain icha icha and dates which apparently the main feature of this VNs, so perhaps I better expect that for the upcoming routes.

Spoiler

Although Himahima's herself is MC (Kyousuke) childhood friend, she's subverted the usual trope of childhood friend in which it's been a secret to the whole class, because she want to start over after her first crush with Kyousuke was ended after her grade school graduation - Kyousuke himself was move from the old neighbor from where he live with Himahima to the current apartment. Forgot to say here that Himahima have some quirks, namely that he hate carrot and dislike whenever someone gave her hamsters new name (ie jealous). Also she like to compare herself to Rina in which Himahima felt that Rina was more capable causing the former to have doubt, with Kyousuke solve her problem by stating that Himahima have her own quality.

As for Himari's seiyuu herself, her name is Azuma Karin who voiced Isuzu Aoi from Hoshimemo and Oomine Kaede from Libra. Speaking about Aoi from Hoshimemo, Himari's tone when she was angry is definitely sounded like Aoi.

Edited by littleshogun

Finished Rinarin's (Rina's) route and as expected we'd have another icha icha scenes in her routes. Not that it was bad of course, just something that I take note of. If anything, it show of how cute Rina was and turned out that she was quite lonely because of her family situation, at least before she met Kyousuke. In the end, once again the couple did managed to live happily ever after.

As for Rinarin's situation, she did stay at apartment alone and after she was going out with Kyousuke, she was basically live together with him because of how often Kyousuke stay at Rinarin's house (Of course with his mom permission). The reason of why Rinarin live alone is because it was her choice to not go aboard together with her parents, and more importantly it was because her parents were workaholic that forgetful to Rinarin's birthday, so much that it caused Rina to be afraid of to be left alone (She was stated that she tried to befriended as many people as possible in order to ward off her loneliness). The parents is a good parents though if not for the forgetfulness, and I'm relieved that at least Kyousuke said of how Rina managed to sort out the problem.

Forget to say that Rinarin here also have the jealousy problem here, namely that she was jealous of how Himari knew Kyousuke since childhood and cause the former to be afraid of how Himari will take Kyousuke. For the record, the fact that both of Kyousuke and Himari was childhood friend is the secret, and only Rinarin who knew their relationship because Kyousuke forced to tell her about that. 

For Rina's seiyuu, her name is Aji Sanma who voiced Kuchiki Touko from Kara no Shoujo, Tama from Nekonin, and Shinozaki Marika from Hoshiori. By the way, her tone as Rina here is far more cheerful compared to Touko.

PS - For the next route, I'll go with Yuzuyu's.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...

As the game has its own thread, I will repost my impressions from "What are you plaiying" thread.

Yesterday I finished Fureraba. Wasn't perfect, but nice.

Comedy stuff in common route was really good - Genki, Momo, Masayoshi-sensei - pretty funny team :) 

I started with Yuzuyu's route, and was little disappointed. Yuzuyu herself was sweet, both in tsuntsun and deredere modes, but the route itself felt somewhat... flat? Like, after they got together, it didn't seem to go anywhere and became a little too repetitive. Sometimes I had a feeling, that the events were there only as a lead-in to h-scenes. On a plus side - Yuzuyu opening more to others was nice change. So that route was when I started to think that even lighthearted moege needs little bit of drama, so the sweet bits would taste even better.

Next I went with Rina's route and... O my, that was amazing! Rina was absolutely great, and the route, while still light hearted, had much better flow. There was a tiniest bit of drama

Spoiler

With Rina getting sad at her parents forgetting her birthday, and her general loneliness.

but it was enough to serve as a "spice" for the route. And Rina was soooo cute :wub: At the final epilogue CG I had to resist the urge to kiss the screen ;)

Himari. Nice route too. Not as good as Rina's, but still nice. However I abolutely loved the epilogue

Spoiler

With them getting married and starting a family.

And the last route I played was Misaki's. Another cuteness overdose - she was amazing. Initially she reminded me of Ritsuko from PrincessEvangile (mostly thanks to her looks), but as we get to know her better, there are so many new sides to her. I'll tell you

Spoiler

She's no ojousama at all ;)

Kaoruko from Wagahigh comes to mind too.  I have hard time choosing between her and Rina. The route was nice too, with some surprises waiting along the way. I also liked how it involved other girls

Spoiler

Thanks to becoming friends with Misaki, Yuzuyu also becomes more friendly - similarly to her own route, and Himari overcomes her dislike for carrots :)

So my ranking for both girls and routes would be Rina > Misaki > Himari > Yuzuyu.

The game looks and sounds good - no complains here.

Now something about localization....

Initially I was afraid, as the translation leans more towards the "liberal" side, but it works surprisingly well in this setting, especially for comedic stuff. Idiot Genki was perfect :P They could tone-down the f-bombs for the MC a little, as he suffers from some ChronoClockitis ;) but overally it works. I have one minor complaint regarding the TL (but it's just a matter of personal preference). I really like Japanese expression for having sex, often used in VNs - 一つになる (hitotsu ni naru) - "to become one". It has that certain romantic feeling for me, so it would fit pretty well in romance VN. However, localization team treated it just like any other synonym for "having sex", and it isn't translated directly even once - always replaced with "doing it", "having sex" etc etc. Considering, that the characters use other expressions too (like "ecchi suru" or straight-up "SEX"), it would be nice to keep that distinction. But that's just me.

Editing could use some more QC, as there are typos and wrong words here and there - like "over <> other", "rarely <> really" etc.

Overally - nice experience, didn't met all my expectations, but was enjoyable. 7.5/10 (BTW, I gave same score for WagaHigh, but I feel it was better writing-wise. However Fureraba gets bonus points for Rina and Misaki ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished Yuzuyu's route and I would be blunt that out of those three heroines so far she was quite childish in her jealousy scene, in which she was easily influenced by the shady love calculation app in which apparently it was also appear in Loverable (The soundtrack when the app talk is one of Loverable OST). Also for more note here her personality was see quite a lot of change in which she was suddenly going from a very rude girl into more nice (And shy one) girl, although admittedly we already saw her nice side of Yuzuyu before Kyousuke saw her pink panties and after that Yuzuyu saw Kyousuke's indecent borrowed book. 

Spoiler

Actually in regard of Yuzuyu's personality, she was more or less just a normal girl in her childhood. At least until her best friend bullied and after Yuzuyu enlist several other girls to help the girl, turned out that the enlisted girl was also bullied Yuzuyu's best friend until she decided to move. Obviously Yuzuyu won't have any of it and decided to fight one of the bully who and after that she decided to use her rude personality in order to mask her trauma, and of course from there she won't have any friend because of her personality. That said, deep down in her heart she's still a normal girl and of course yearned for some friendship, and she also realized that her rude personality won't help with that. So near the end of her route, she decided to express her gratitude to the swim club which have been help her, and Kyousuke decided to have Yuzuyu to make a cake because she had talent for that. After that, like usual ending so far both Kyousuke and Yuzuyu was about to face their future.

Other than her childish jealousy scene from Yuzuyu herself, I quite like that Kyousuke's mom here was more involved with Yuzuyu's route here and the mom was also appear in the ending which sort of made Yuzuyu have many development with the MC's mom, unlike Himahima and Rinarin here in which we didn't see much the involvement from the mother here. To comparison here Kyousuke's mom didn't even know that her son was going out with Himahima at her route until the end (Although to be fair it was kept as a secret though because the couple was afraid of the teasing), while for Rinarin's route we see more of Kyousuke's sort of newlywed live at Rinarin's apartment and the mom only appear to help Rinarin once. So yeah out of those three here Kyousuke's mom did have the biggest role at Yuzuyu's route.

For Yuzuyu's seiyuu herself, her name is Akiko Hana in which she did provide her voice to voicing Kathryn aka Kath from Evenicle (Kath's voice was more like Yuzuyu's rude side), Alice Bedford from Newton VN, and R-Ne from Corona Blossom. Akiko Hana here also have role at Eiyuu Senki as Da Vince, although admittedly I didn't pay attention to he voice back then though.

As for the next plan, seeing that I've finished three out of four routes (Jealousy scenes aside) my obvious next route here should be Misakichi, and looking from the spoiler I think it did have best story in Fureraba (May be subjective and wrong here).

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally finished the VN

Rina was my overall favorite heroine just cuz she's my type in terms of personality and interest in games/sports and fun to hang around and joke with and stuff

I was honestly really impressed with Yuzuyus route since they made her a million times more likable and she had probably the highest amount of sweet moments

I totally understand why Himari is so low... she was a pretty boring nice childhood friend type. If they just made Rina the childhood friend and made Sawatari the only nice type (who btw is pretty entertaining and why better than Himari) I think this VNs quality wouldnt be much different.

• 2 months later...

As for Himahima, I think she was have severe disadvantage here compared to normal childhood friend archetype. While I understand that Smee want to have different way to portray childhood friend interaction, I think I would like if Himahima's friend (Tomomi) shown that she know that Kyousuke and Himahima were childhood friend. It's quite a wasted opportunity considering that the writer could add some moment in regard of that, although in the end it's only my opinion though.

Once again I already finished with Misakichi's route and therefore all of Fureraba, and I think I'm not going to collect all of the jealousy scenes here lol. As for Misakichi's route, I believe that I did say that it have the best story, and one of the reason is that because actually we have a conflict to solve in the current situation compared to the other heroines. Granted the conflict was not as big as Dies Irae or Fate Stay Night (Duh), but regardless it's there. And before going to the conflict, let me tell you that Misakichi here didn't have the jealousy to the other heroine problem like three routes earlier.

Spoiler

The conflict was in regard of Misakichi whose turned out to be just an ordinary greengrocer owner daughter instead of a daughter from a rich people. But because of her look and her willingness to help, her classmates put her in the pedestal in which it was overbearing for her, and coupling with her shyness that cause her unable to tell her classmates to stop obviously Misakichi wouldn't like that. Not to mention that the problem still persist after both of Kyousuke and Misakichi became the couple, so Kyousuke decided to spread the awareness of the greengrocer that Misakichi's parents owned in order to make her situation stopped, and of course the plan was successful. In the end just lke all of the endings beforehand, they'll live happily ever after and face their future.

Other than the mentioned conflict, actually Misakichi here didn't have the friend from her class because of the pedestal situation, while obviously as the normal girl she would like to have friends. So Kyousuke decided to take some initiative to ask other heroines, and the result is that they decided to become friend with Misakichi. Note that while other three heroines did have side characters that always accompany them (Tomomi for Himahima, Mako for Yuzuyu, and Mahiro for Rinarin), Misakichi didn't have one so the previous heroines took that role for her. Also I would like to note that Yuxuyu here still quite harsh to Kyousuke, while in her route she was quite sweet to him (That's why I did say that Yuzuyu did the best development, at least in her route seeing that she'd going her way to take the responsibility from her earlier attitude) - of course she was still more friendly compared to her past self though.

I think that's all for what I can write for now, and as for my opinion in regard of Fureraba overall I like that it's quite light and sometimes we could get nice trivia from the small talks, although the small talks there were quite repetitive and need the guide in order to find the quickest way to entering the route. That said, I believe the small talk here shouldn't be removed no matter what because it would weakens the experience. Also I like that Fureraba here is also applied voiced default name seeing that Kyousuke is renameable, although we could only heard that occasionally though once we enter the route (It's still way better compared to both of Dal Segno and FFX).

PS - As for Misakichi's seiyuu, her name is Sakurai Alice and her role in translated VNs was only two along with several of her roles in lesser known untranslated VNs, so compared to the previous three seiyuu she was less known. Those two roles were Isis from Funbag Fantasy and Takahata Rina from Sono Hanabira Nyuu Jene, in which it's quite coincidence for the latter that we got Rina in here as well.

Edited by littleshogun

One question though:

Spoiler

What on earth was with the super slutty h scenes? Yuzuyu up against the window so that people can see (and even saying that one person is looking) and the heroine suddenly not caring about it? Himari on the roof against the fence for everyone to see as well. I kind of do not enjoy such scenes at all, and they're a stark contrast from the vn as a whole.

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

One question though:

Reveal hidden contents

What on earth was with the super slutty h scenes? Yuzuyu up against the window so that people can see (and even saying that one person is looking) and the heroine suddenly not caring about it? Himari on the roof against the fence for everyone to see as well. I kind of do not enjoy such scenes at all, and they're a stark contrast from the vn as a whole.

Yeah, they went overboard with some of those. But it seems that such scenes are some kind of "trademark" for "dating sim" moeges. I recall similar scenes (classroom, roof etc) from other VNs too. So it could be the case of "everyone does it, so let's include it too" - just pure fanservice.

Edited by adamstan

16 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

One question though:

Hide contents

Those are fairly common in moege, though. Boobs against glass and rooftop scenes. I can think of multiple games that have those tags but don't try to make their h-scenes "slutty".

They're there to tease the idea of being seen, but they never are. Specifically in the scene with Yuzuyu, the protag tells her some guy "looks" like he might be looking their way, but that doesn't necessarily mean that person is. Oftentimes in these scenes the protag will tease the heroine by mentioning what ifs, and I've even seen instances of the protag tricking the heroine into believing someone's watching just to scare her. 

After that the girl is addicted on exhibitionism and outdoor sex, the MC can't satisfy her anymore and she gets raped by night in a park by hobos when she started masturbating in the bushes.

Pretty common indeed. It happens off-screen in all the moege with that kind of scenes, especially in Furebara. It's a shame they can't show it and you have to imagine it based on the hints. :/

3 hours ago, Wiz said:

After that the girl is addicted on exhibitionism and outdoor sex, the MC can't satisfy her anymore and she gets raped by night in a park by hobos when she started masturbating in the bushes.

Pretty common indeed. It happens off-screen in all the moege with that kind of scenes, especially in Furebara. It's a shame they can't show it and you have to imagine it based on the hints. :/

Can't say i've seen the first example in a normal moege :lol:

The scenes just don't fit though. Heroines being super pure and throwing the biggest fit because you saw their panties or bra. Later saying "I don't mind showing because it's you". Then suddenly they're stuck on a public window showing everything to the world. I mean, who does that? I can't remember ever seeing a girl plastered to a window while fucking some guy, never have i heard of anyone else who have. I'm sure most would actually enjoy the thrill, but not many would risk their girlfriend being seen naked by other guys. 

Edited by Stormwolf

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...