Favorite VN trilogy?

onorub

Because it's the only trilogy that I've actually played the entirety of, the Galaxy Angels trilogy has to take the place almost by default. Still certainly worth playing through since the gameplay actually required some thought, and does actually get very tough later on in the trilogy. That, and there are some good romances which don't ever go down the H-scene route since I think it's a kid's game (I mean this literally, not in a derogatory way). Just nice to have a game without h-scenes that didn't apparently mean I was missing out on actual story content, though on that note I'm at some point going to finish the Grisaia trilogy from Steam. Go localisations, even the censored ones.

4 hours ago, Otaku1612 said:

Because it's the only trilogy that I've actually played the entirety of, the Galaxy Angels trilogy has to take the place almost by default. Still certainly worth playing through since the gameplay actually required some thought, and does actually get very tough later on in the trilogy. That, and there are some good romances which don't ever go down the H-scene route since I think it's a kid's game (I mean this literally, not in a derogatory way). Just nice to have a game without h-scenes that didn't apparently mean I was missing out on actual story content, though on that note I'm at some point going to finish the Grisaia trilogy from Steam. Go localisations, even the censored ones.

Yeah buddy Galaxy Angel is the fucking best!

But yeah that trilogy is my favorite

You genuinely grow with the characters as the trilogy progresses. It's just wonderful.

https://s6.postimg.org/sxi1x687l/tumblr_p4ld7s85_Cn1wdg2t9o1_250.gif

Edited by Ranzo

There aren't many VN trilogies relative to the number of individual one-off VNs out there... but if I had to name the one that comes to mind (since Tiny Dungeon is technically five games) I'd say Akagoei.

Utawarerumono. It has one major flaw though and that is only the first is released for windows. This mean my knowledge of the second title comes from the anime (which for Utawarerumono is very close to the VN), but I don't know the last. Still of all the trilogies where I know at least one title, this one comes to mind as the best one.

the only trilogy i've read is Grisaia or Majikoi, never had the chance to go through Muv Luv yet

had more fun reading Grisaia since it was one of the first vns i read that had a badass lead :P and reading the sequels didnt disappoint either 

14 hours ago, Clephas said:

There aren't many VN trilogies relative to the number of individual one-off VNs out there... but if I had to name the one that comes to mind (since Tiny Dungeon is technically five games) I'd say Akagoei.

Man i really wanna read AkaGoei, from what i've heard it seems like a cool title (and i liked most of Akabeisoft's titles)