List of VNs with official english release

bakauchuujin

Seems that there still are quite a lot of titles that I hadn't found before, so I will start adding more. Many of these seem to be otome games on android and iOS. I will try to seperate the VNs that are only released on phone from the rest since they probably target different demographics.

Btw somehow managed to forget adding bible black and corpse party, quite hard to remember everything when making these lists. Hopefully I will manage to make the list actually complete by the end of the week.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Have added VNs from 2 otome phone VN companies, roughly 100 titles combined. Also added SakuraGame, originally I didn't plan on adding them since I felt like they weren't worth mentioning since they use google translate, but I figure it would be best to just put a warning about that and put them down at the bottom.

51 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Also added SakuraGame, originally I didn't plan on adding them since I felt like they weren't worth mentioning since they use google translate, but I figure it would be best to just put a warning about that and put them down at the bottom.

That would actually be a really good reason to add them. I had actually missed that there is a company doing it that bad and here I thought MoeNovel was the main name to avoid.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:41 AM, bakauchuujin said:

MoeNovel (Burn in hell)

I think you should do away with the viable stats (votes and no of votes) as isn't a pain to keep tracking and updating them? I think linking to VNDB will do fine for VNs in this list. The point is to make a list of english translated VNs anyway right? Thanks for making this list :) 

Btw I lolz at the above :D

On 13.4.2018 at 11:36 AM, phantomJS said:

I think you should do away with the viable stats (votes and no of votes) as isn't a pain to keep tracking and updating them? I think linking to VNDB will do fine for VNs in this list. The point is to make a list of english translated VNs anyway right? Thanks for making this list :) 

I use the amount of votes and the scores to sort the VNs to make it easier for people to find what is interesting, also major updates will only be done once a year, I expect that to take much less time than what it took to make the list. Apart from the update once a year I only plan on updating votes for VNs released in 2017 and 2018 as I have already mentioned. I will ofc also add new titles when they are announced and change the status of the VNs once they release. I want this list to be something people can use to easily find titles that they may otherwise not have known about, not just a list for the sake of having a list.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Roughly 950 titles now, pretty sure I am done adding all officially published english VNs now, for real this time. If anyone notices anything missing or anything wrong please tell me. Considering the amount I have added there are likely to be some mistakes here and there.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Suggestion

15 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Done! 

Most of the old lists are pretty outdated, so this is a nice edition to the VN board. 

Thanks @bakauchuujin for making the list! 

There are 2 lists now with similar titles though. Feels a bit incongruous to me.

Perhaps a combination thread  creating a new pinned topic and moving these 2 lists into it (maybe under a title such as 'List of English Visual Novels' or something similar) is preferable instead? Maybe we can name Bakauchuuujin as 'new' or perhaps '2018 version' and the old one as such?

Edited by phantomJS

3 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Perhaps a combination thread (maybe under a title such as 'List of English Visual Novels' or something similar) is preferable instead? Maybe we can name Bakauchuuujin as 'new' or perhaps '2018 version' and the old one as such?

How about just adding (discontinued) to the title of the old thread? It seems way easier than merging or whatever you are talking about.

14 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

This would sound a bit too much like it means only original english ones. I will think about potential name change of the thread though.

Or maybe we can use 'List of English Translated Visual Novels'. No matter what we name, should be better than the current situation of having 2 similar-sounding lists right?

13 minutes ago, tymmur said:

How about just adding (discontinued) to the title of the old thread? It seems way easier than merging or whatever you are talking about.

Sorry, I think I didn't express my idea correctly; I wanted to suggest creating a new pinned topic and linking to these 2 lists or moving these 2 lists into it instead of merging them.

Your way works as well, but don't you think my suggestion makes things look neater? :)

Edited: Just saw bakauchuujin changed the name of this thread to list of Vn with official english release.

Sounds better, but the old list includes licensed titles as well :mellow:

Doesn't matter too much I guess. Just a relatively small issue, lol

Edited by phantomJS

1 hour ago, phantomJS said:

Suggestion

There are 2 lists now with similar titles though. Feels a bit incongruous to me.

Perhaps a combination thread  creating a new pinned topic and moving these 2 lists into it (maybe under a title such as 'List of English Visual Novels' or something similar) is preferable instead? Maybe we can name Bakauchuuujin as 'new' or perhaps '2018 version' and the old one as such?

TBH, Okami's list by this point is very much outdated and I don't think there's much point to keeping it pinned (Down's thread list is in a slightly similar situation, though I guess it might be fun for someone interested in doing some forums archeology). A seperate list of existing fan translation could be useful, but tbh I'm not sure if it's even necessary with how complete VNDB data is on this matter. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak