Hi everyone

phantomJS

Hi guys,

I'm Johnson here. I play English, Chinese VNs from various companies across a lot of genres (mostly love romance novels though)

Started playing VN around 2 years ago when I stumbled across this review of Rewrite. Listened to the scattered flower youtube link and was fascinated by it. Told myself that I would get a copy of it and try out VNs.

For whatever reasons (which I can't remember), Edelweiss turns out to be the first VN I tried. I got goosebumps and felt disgusted by the crap translation at the beginning; left a very bad impression on me and I wanted to quit the game and VNs in general. Stuck with it, though, because I didn't want to waste money, and by the time I finished Haruka's ruote (my last), I was very glad I preserved.

Since then, I played stuff from a lot of companies, such as Frontwing, Key (yes, rewrite), Ensemble, Saga Planets, a bunch of Nukige,( this my fav ), a bunch of cat-based VNs, Moonstone (cherry), Alicesoft, Pulltop (mainly the crappy translated IMHHW), and Yuzusoft (my personal fav), among others.

Felt like contributing back to the community recently and loitered around VNDB or around 1 month. Hope to contribute as much as I can here.

Looking forward to interacting with you guys

Edited by phantomJS

45 minutes ago, wei123 said:

In case you didn't know, there's a recent fan translation of immhw which should be many times better than the moenovel one so you can check it out if time permits. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you around the forum too.Welcome and enjoy your stay here! :sachi:

Yeah I do. My original post included titles which I had played / played and dropped (the original IMHHW).

Read through Ageha's route of the new translation. There's a section which the MC and Ageha were in the runway and sevral line of text had displayed the wrong person speaking. Otherwise, it's at least 10 thousand times better than that crap Moenovel released. 

Thanks for welcoming me :)

16 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hey! Welcome to Fuwa, I hope you like it here! :mare:

Oh, and why didn't you read Rewrite first if you liked its review? It was my first VN, by the way.

Now that I tried focusing on remembering, i think I can recall why.

I am very much into romance and all the soppy stuff. Rockmandash's review didn't mention Rewrite was like that at all, so i googled around and stumbled on a guy (can't remember where) saying Edelweiss has a very moving story but a bad translation. And based on this 1 guy's opinion and, and having no prior VN experience, I brushed aside the 'bad translation' comment fully expecting nothing more than some english grammer or spelling mistakes. Gosh, remembering the first few hours of Edelweiss still makes me groan......

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys. Looking forward to interacting with you all in the forums :)

Edited by phantomJS

1 hour ago, milkteebaby said:

I HEARD YOU WERE INTO ROMANCE...

...haha;; 

What kind of romance? Care to elaborate? What are your favorite games/books in terms of romance/drama?

Straight stuff. Nv tried Yuri and definitely no BL stuff :pyaa:..

As for books, I read stuff from a wide variety of authors, but mostly old (>5 years old) stuff as I'm a cheapskate and usually borrows from the Library :nokia:

Authors of romance novels I read before - Dorothy Garlock, Julie Garwood, Teresa Hill, and ofc Nora Roberts, among many others. If it's about love and it has an interesting story, i'll probably eat it up :D

6 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Authors of romance novels I read before - Dorothy Garlock, Julie Garwood, Teresa Hill, and ofc Nora Roberts, among many others. If it's about love and it has an interesting story, i'll probably eat it up :D

Oh my :o You're a prime example of the kind of person I want playing my otoges. :D Julie Garwood's older stuff is great. (and of course, nothing needs to be said about The Nora)

22 hours ago, milkteebaby said:

Oh my :o You're a prime example of the kind of person I want playing my otoges. :D Julie Garwood's older stuff is great. (and of course, nothing needs to be said about The Nora)

You make your own titles? That so cool!

Can share with all of us? :)

Edited: sorry, just noticed your sig :(...

Hope you run into no problems with your titles. Will check back into your site on May 30th :)

Edited by phantomJS