Hajimemashite!

juicedup

Nice to meet you. I go by juicedup.

I came up with the handle when I was 12, I was addicted to apple juice at the time and needed a handle. I haven't come up with a better one since.

Anyways,

I come to fuwanovel because I seek a community with individuals who share my same passion for glorious VNs. I love VNs because they leave a much deeper impact than any form of media in my opinion. 

I've played the usual 999, ace attorney and danganronpa that everyone's already played, but I'm looking for something a little more high brow maybe? I'm not sure myself honestly.

The other reason I'm here is because I want to try my hand at hacking English translations into VN games.

I know that a solid grasp of hex editing is required. 

I already know quite a bit of Japanese, I have a youtube channel where I upload translation let's plays, It's nothing serious. I would say my Japanese level is at JLPT N2

Instead of just translating games by video I want to try and make a translation project. Maybe it's possible with a bit of help?

The game I'd like to translate and make an English patch for is called Kirigiri Sou.

20161216023221.jpg

It's a spin off of Danganronpa starring my favirote character, Kirigiri.

It's a PC game that had a limited edition print that was only obtainable from the first copies of the blu ray of the anime, no one has attempted to translate it as far as I know.

I want to use this game as a test to see if I can figure out how to hex edit the text of games.

Anyway that's about it for my introduction.

7 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Hello and welcome to Fuwanovel! :mare:

If you ever need recommendations, high-brow or otherwise, don't hesitate to ask. Also good luck with any TL projects you might take, this Chunsoft game actually looks pretty fun. :3

Thank you, I'll be looking around!

8 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hello, welcome to Fuwanovel! :sachi:Here is a link to the subforum dedicated to translation projects, so you can post about your translation project there.

Thanks for the link, but I'm hesitant on announcing the project since I'm not even a begginer on the technical side of things.

But would it be fine to post the project and see if any programmers would help?