Grisaia no Kajitsu - Which route should I read next? (I just have time for one Route!)

-soraa

Which route?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. I just have time for one Route!

Thank you guy's for your answers so far.

One last question which route isn't depressiv sad? After my easter holidays I have to focus on my studies and it would be really bad if I become emotional and a little bit depressiv... The Story in Yumiko's route was sad (not really depressiv)but the romance was so heart-warming that it outweighs the sad past of Yumiko. 

Edited by -soraa

17 minutes ago, -soraa said:

One last question which route isn't depressiv sad? After my easter holidays I have to focus on my studies and it would be really bad if I become emotional and a little bit depressiv... The Story in Yumiko's route was sad (not really depressiv)but the romance was so heart-warming that it outweighs the sad past of Yumiko. 

Actually, all of them are pretty sad, in their own ways. Especially the bad endings.

3 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Actually, all of them are pretty sad, in their own ways. Especially the bad endings.

That's why I am not going to read the bad endings at the moment. But which one isn't depressiv sad? 

I know that every route has a tragic story but which one isn't so sad that you won't be depressiv afterwards. 

24 minutes ago, -soraa said:

Hmm.. that makes both choices rather hard to advice. I would not say that they are depressive bad, but they are certainly neither merry nor jolly towards the end parts. I guess in comparison to Yumiko's route Sachi and Michiru's routes would be a step up on the sad scale, but both end rather happily so I guess if you are willing to overlook some emotional parts, either would be alright.

Just now, Weiterfechten said:

Hmm.. that makes both choices rather hard to advice. I would not say that they are depressive bad, but they are certainly neither merry nor jolly towards the end parts. I guess in comparison to Yumiko's route Sachi and Michiru's routes would be a step up on the sad scale, but both end rather happily so I guess if you are willing to overlook some emotional parts, either would be alright.

(I only read the true ends, should have perhaps specified that)

2 minutes ago, -soraa said:

That's why I am not going to read the bad endings at the moment. But which one isn't depressiv sad? 

I know that every route has a tragic story but which one isn't so sad that you won't be depressiv afterwards. 

It's hard to say, to be honest, because, like I said, all of them have pretty depressive parts. For me personally, Michiru's route was the saddest, and Amane's... is more messed up type of depressive. On the other hand, Sachi's route is also pretty sad. Makina should be the least depressive if you avoid the bad ending.

Michiru's route I would say is not quite as sad as Sachi's (also I love Michiru for reasons, shout-out to all you other people). If I can try and outline this in specific terms, Michiru's is more generally depressive but Sachi's route has a distinct moment of concentrated sadness that kinda disperses throughout the rest of the route and provides some sad context. Here's hoping I've helped a bit.

Amane's route is kinda sad when you get to the chunk (you'll recognise it) but happy for most of the rest, especially the good ending, and Makina's route is......well let me say this, avoid the bad ending. As I've characterised it to friends, it feels like the bad ending was written first whilst the writer was depressed, and then wrote the happy ending after his co-workers realised what he'd written and sneaked some anti-depressants into their food or some such.

12 hours ago, Otaku1612 said:

Makina's route is......well let me say this, avoid the bad ending. As I've characterised it to friends, it feels like the bad ending was written first whilst the writer was depressed, and then wrote the happy ending after his co-workers realised what he'd written and sneaked some anti-depressants into their food or some such.

Don't know why but that made me laugh, haha.

Thank you guy's for your answers and I have decided to read Michiru's route. I liked her in the common route more than Sachi and seriously I am really interested in her route. I know it has something to do that she has lost her will to live or something like that. 

Edited by -soraa

On 28.3.2018 at 11:32 PM, Dergonu said:

Michiru's route is great. It's my favorite route in the game. If you can only read one for now, I'd recommend that one for sure. 

On 29.3.2018 at 12:03 AM, VirginSmasher said:

Because it goes in a different direction than the other routes. I won't spoil how it goes and what direction it goes in, but it's a major reason why people dislike it so much.

On 29.3.2018 at 9:03 AM, Thyndd said:

I shed a manly tear on that one. Truly beautiful. 

On 29.3.2018 at 1:09 AM, Zenophilious said:

Conversely, I loathe it with every fiber of my being, and think it's complete garbage.  It's one of the worst pieces of writing I think I've ever read in a mainstream, popular VN.

@-soraa I'd recommend that you pick Amane or Makina's, at least for story quality.  If I was to rank them right now, it'd be Amane > Makina > Sachi > Yumiko >>>>>>>>>> Michiru.  If you're just looking for romance, though, there's definitely no contest, Sachi's route is the one for you.

On 29.3.2018 at 11:01 PM, Dreamysyu said:

I am almost finished with Michiru's route.
In a nutshell, I didn't enjoy her route as much as Yumiko's. I think I should have read Amane's or Sachi's route instead... 
Why? Here my opinion so far:

Spoiler

First of all half of her route was boring. I didn't like the "pretending-date". 
Furthermore Yuuji was an ass in this route... I mean come on... a stone?
I loved him so much in Yumiko's route because he did everything for the girl. Later he felt in love with Yumiko not because he felt sorry for her, he just has developed feelings for a girl he likes. 
But in Michiru's case he just felt pity for her. There was no love!
However the story became very interesting as Michiru's cat dies. The scene where she was crying in the taxi with her dead cat was really sad...
Her past story was okay. The part where her best friend dies was a bit shocking and seriously I felt more sorry for her best friend than Michiru.
But I hate Michiru's home tutor's... Seriously, why Michiru? Why didn't you tell your parents what they did to you... I was really angry and I felt like to jump in this game and to knock-out all of this son of bitches...

One week later her other self is now using her body because Michiru won't come back...

At the moment I would give her route 6/10 or Yumiko >>>>Michiru.

Well, I think I can read one more route but I have a question. In Yumiko's route there was a scene I didn't understand.
This one: 

Spoiler

b69220-1522922263.png

b621f6-1522922270.png

53a0bd-1522922279.png

06f701-1522922286.png

So which route I have to read to understand what Yuuji meant in this scene?

Edited by -soraa

2 hours ago, -soraa said:

So which route I have to read to understand what Yuuji meant in this scene?

I'm pretty sure it's only explained in the sequels. I personally only finished Kajitsu and several after stories in Meikyuu, and I am not sure what this scene means. If you want to get a somewhat general idea about Yuuji's past, read Makina's route.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, -soraa said:

Furthermore Yuuji was an ass in this route... I mean come on... a stone?

To be honest, the writer who wrote this route just failed to capture Yuuji's character right. It's one of the main problems I personally had with this route.

22 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I felt the same way about Michiru's home tutors. Grr!

Makina's route explains the most about Yuuji in Kajitsu. But it's really the 2nd game in the trilogy that explains a lot.

Makina... Well, I will read her route at the end. I already thought that the sequel will explain it. Thank you :D 

16 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I'm pretty sure it's only explained in the sequels. I personally only finished Kajitsu and several after stories in Meikyuu, and I am not sure what this scene means. If you want to get a somewhat general idea about Yuuji's past, read Makina's route.

Reveal hidden contents

To be honest, the writer who wrote this route just failed to capture Yuuji's character right. It's one of the main problems I personally had with this route.

I am planning to read Meikyuu and I don't think I will read Michiru's after Story... 
True, I hate Yuuji in this route and honestly I think in a "key" VN it would be actually a pretty good route with another MC. However in GnK it feels out of place >.< 

I think I will read after her route, Amane's. Hopefully her route or rather her "horror"-story is better because I am only interested in Kazuki. 

Edited by -soraa