Jump to content

Grisaia no Kajitsu - Which route should I read next? (I just have time for one Route!)


-soraa
 Share

Which route?  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. I just have time for one Route!



Recommended Posts

Good evening guys :D

I actually started to read Grisaia no Kajitsu last year because of Yumiko and well, I loved her route and her after Story in Meikyuu*______* (Currently re-reading it :wub:)

This week my easter holidays started and I have a little bit time to read another route. 

However I don't know which one. I thought to read Michiru's route because like Yumiko she has a "standalone" Story. But people say her route is really poor... (?) Nevertheless I loved her in the common route, she is really funny and a real idiot. Yuuji's thoughts about her were also funny. 
I heard that I need to read Amane's and Sachi's route because they explain some Story-aspects from each other. Therefore I would miss the "Ah-ha!" effect, if I just read one of those two route's. 

At the moment I prioritize romance over story. (romance > story) Which route would you recommend me?
In my summer holidays I will have enough time to read the other 3 route's and to re-read Yumiko again<3. 

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Read Amane's. I'd recommend Michiru's, but everyone besides me hates it. :badnicoman:

My original heroine power rankings before finishing the common route was Yumiko>Makina>Amane=Sachi>power gap>Michiru. However, Michiru's route impressed me enough to get rid of the power gap so she's just barely trailing behind Amane and Sachi now. I'm only partway through Yumiko's route now, and those two are the only routes I've read, so I don't know how they compare to the other three. I'd say Michiru's route is of pretty similar quality to Yumiko's so far though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Read Amane's. I'd recommend Michiru's, but everyone besides me hates it. :badnicoman:

24 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

My original heroine power rankings before finishing the common route was Yumiko>Makina>Amane=Sachi>power gap>Michiru. However, Michiru's route impressed me enough to get rid of the power gap so she's just barely trailing behind Amane and Sachi now. I'm only partway through Yumiko's route now, and those two are the only routes I've read, so I don't know how they compare to the other three. I'd say Michiru's route is of pretty similar quality to Yumiko's so far though.

 

Well, I am actually looking for a Route with a good amount of Romance, an interesting Story and Badass Yuuji moments. 
My priority would be: romance > story.

I heard/know Makina has the best Story but I will play her route in the summer holidays. She is my least favorite character at the moment and I am not a fan of Loli's. 
That's why I removed Makina from the poll because I prioritize "romance" over "story" at the moment. 

VirginSmasher if Michiru has a good amount of romance in her story then the other character's then I will read her :) 
Furthermore I am really thinking to read Michiru's route. I actually like her more than Amane. But why do people hate Michiru's route so much o_O?

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I wouldn't recommend reading Makina's route right after Yumiko's for several reasons. I voted for Amane, but Michiru could also work.

I removed Makine from the poll. Because I just have time to read one route and I would like to read one with a good amount of romance with a good story and badass Yuuji moments like in Yumiko's route. 
Makina's route = Yuuji's route. Therefore I will read her route in the summer holidays at the end. Furthermore I am not a fan of Loli's and I will skip the romantic moments between Yuuji and Makina probably^^  

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -soraa said:

 

Well, I am actually looking for a Route with a good amount of Romance, an interesting Story and Badass Yuuji moments. 
My priority would be: romance > story.

I heard/know Makina has the best Story but I will play her route in the summer holidays. She is my least favorite character at the moment and I am not a fan of Loli's. 
That's why I removed Makina from the poll because I prioritize "romance" over "story" at the moment. 

VirginSmasher if Michiru has a good amount of romance in her story then the other character's then I will read her :) 
Furthermore I am really thinking to read Michiru's route. I actually like her more than Amane. But why do people hate Michiru's route so much o_O?

Because it goes in a different direction than the other routes. I won't spoil how it goes and what direction it goes in, but it's a major reason why people dislike it so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makina's route is kinda similar to Yumiko's route. Quite a lot of badass Yuuji moments in it. It provides more clues on Yuuji's past then any other route.

Amane's route has a really good flashback. Though said flashback is quite long (and depressing). Also the side character in that flashback is pretty cool.

Michiru's route is ...... kinda weird. Just ..... don't take it seriously, and you're in for quite an emotional rollercoaster. This was the first time I ever cried in any game ever....

Sachi's route ....... has a ton of impact. Both her flashback, and her ending. The romance is very real (even the flashback has some). And that ending....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Michiru's route is great. It's my favorite route in the game. If you can only read one for now, I'd recommend that one for sure. 

Conversely, I loathe it with every fiber of my being, and think it's complete garbage.  It's one of the worst pieces of writing I think I've ever read in a mainstream, popular VN.

@-soraa I'd recommend that you pick Amane or Makina's, at least for story quality.  If I was to rank them right now, it'd be Amane > Makina > Sachi > Yumiko >>>>>>>>>> Michiru.  If you're just looking for romance, though, there's definitely no contest, Sachi's route is the one for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it's true that Sachi's route is romance oriented, I'd also keep in mind that it's fairly philosofical, not your typical romance story. You'll have plenty of heart-warming moments nonetheless, so if that's what you are looking for you should be satisfied.

If you can only read 1 route for now I'd recommend either Sachi's or Michiru's. Why? Because Amane and Makina's routes share some plot commonalities and it's probably for the best if you read them one after another. It's not that it's TOO important, but as a standalone route Sachi and Michiru work better imo.

In Michiru's route you will barely find any romance, at least in comparison with the rest. That said, if you are fond of her character I believe you will really enjoy her route. I mean, even people who hated her at first came to love her after reading her route.

 

Edited by Thyndd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strike 3 and Amane is out :P 

A race between Michiru-sama and Sachi. 
I have a question for the people, who didn't like Sachi in the common route. 
Did you change your opinion regarding Sachi in her route? (without spoilers) 

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -soraa said:

Strike 3 and Amane is out :P 

A race between Michiru-sama and Sachi. 
I have a question for the people, who didn't like Sachi in the common route. 
Did you change your opinion regarding Sachi in her route? (without spoilers) 

Yes, but not too much for me.

Sachi's main character trait in the common route felt rather forced. Even after I found out the reasons why she's like that, it didn't completely change my view of her (personally I don't think they wrote her character too well when compared to the other heroines).

Quote

At the moment I prioritize romance over story. (romance > story) Which route would you recommend me?

Personally, I think you should leave Michiru's ruote for last. I like her route best, but it felt very out of place with the entire storyline. Choose anyone but hers for your next play though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Personally, I think you should leave Michiru's ruote for last. I like her route best, but it felt very out of place with the entire storyline. Choose anyone but hers for your next play though :)

Well, isn't that enough reason to read her route next? I mean if I read Michiru's route at the end, wouldn't I start to think that it is the worst route in comparison with the others? 

I think I will just go with Michiru or Sachi. I am going to read Makina's and Amane's route in my summer holidays. 
Furthermore Amane's route is about Yuuji's sister Kazua and I think I should read her route later because it's very important for Meikyuu and Rakuen. 
 

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -soraa said:

Well, isn't that enough reason to read her route next? I mean if I read Michiru's route at the end, wouldn't I start to think that it is the worst route in comparison with the others? 

I think I will just go with Michiru or Sachi. I am going to read Makina's and Amane's route in my summer holidays. 
 

Perhaps you mistook my post as saying michiru's route isn't good. I assure you that's not the case.

I played her route last and it felt out of sync with the story line and very different. Personal opinion is to do the same as I did, but up to you, bro :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

Perhaps you mistook my post as saying michiru's route isn't good. I assure you that's not the case.

I played her route last and it felt out of sync with the story line and very different. Personal opinion is to do the same as I did, but up to you, bro :)

However I just have enough time to read one route and if her story felt out of sync then I think I should read her route. 
Makina's and Amane's route are important for Meikyuu and Rakuen so as I know. Therfore I will read those 2 in my summer holidays because I am also going to to read the prequel. 

Edited by -soraa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sachi all the way, best route in my opinion. To me it had both a good early-mid and end part, with the end being really emotional. I guess I liked her character as well which helped. It all kind of depends on which character you like though, if you so far during the game have not really liked Sachi's character and have found Michiru's more enjoyable then it might be best to read that route since both routes take quite a long time to read and you will spend quite a while with their specific personalities.

Edited by Weiterfechten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...