YU-RIS engine in Otome wa Karen ni Koi ni Mai!

Aki96

Hello everyone,

Since Pure Pure project is more than half finished we are slowly looking for another game we could pick. What caught my interest is another VN made by Klein https://vndb.org/v12354

This VN, however, uses the YU-RIS Game Engine v463 (0xFF).

Extracting the files from the package wasn't any problem as AE VN Tools were able to read this format but repacking and scripts are bit of a problem.

I tried editing the menu buttons and repacking them but I ran into three issues:

AE VN tools don't have the v463 of the engine available for repacking as you can see in the screen shot below:

Spoiler

1.png

So I tried going with the v490 and v287

In case of v490 the game told me that the files in the package are duplicated and therefore the game cannot be opened, see below:

Spoiler

2.jpg

In case of v287 the game didn't even recognize the package:

Spoiler

3.png

What I'm asking here is:

Is there any way how to successfully repack the cg and stuff in order for the game to work?

And which tools I can use for extracting the text from the .ybn script format. It's encoded so even HEX editor shows a pretty mess.

Every advice is very much appreciated!

Edited by Aki96

7 hours ago, Aki96 said:

Hello everyone,

as our Pure Pure project has more than half finished we are slowly looking for another game we could pick. What caught my interest is another VN made by Klein https://vndb.org/v12354

This VN, however, uses the YU-RIS Game Engine v463 (0xFF).

Extracting the files from the package wasn't any problem as AE VN Tools were able to read this format but repacking and scripts are bit of a problem.

I tried editing the menu buttons and repacking them but I ran into three issues:

AE VN tools don't have the v463 of the engine available for repacking as you can see in the screen shot below:

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

So I tried going with the v490 and v287

In case of v490 the game told me that the files in the package are duplicated and therefore the game cannot be opened, see below:

Reveal hidden contents

2.jpg

In case of v287 the game didn't even recognize the package:

Hide contents

3.png

What I'm asking here is:

Is there any way how to successfully repack the cg and stuff in order for the game to work?

And which tools I can use for extracting the text from the .ybn script format. It's encoded so even HEX editor shows a pretty mess.

Every advice is very much appreciated!

Why you didnt finished your firtst poject and than take another ?

5 minutes ago, makto said:

Why you didnt finished your firtst poject and than take another ?

We are looking for what to translate after we're done with Pure Pure IN ADVANCE! After we are done with the 1st project I want to jump to another asap and I don't want to waste time with hacking and stuff. I like to have things sorted and prepared beforehand so I don't waste any time. You what they say: "Victory loves preparation!"

34 minutes ago, Aki96 said:

We are looking for what to translate after we're done with Pure Pure IN ADVANCE! After we are done with the 1st project I want to jump to another asap and I don't want to waste time with hacking and stuff. I like to have things sorted and prepared beforehand so I don't waste any time. You what they say: "Victory loves preparation!"

well anyway i looking forward for your projects ! Good luck wich your deals !

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, Aki96 said:

Hello, Aki96. Were you able to find a solution for your problem? You see, I'd love to start translating a series of vn i really like; unfortunately though, almost of all them use the .ypf/.ybn format, which is preventing me from being able to read and translate the text. :/

Edited by きょうすけ

15 hours ago, きょうすけ said:

Hello, Aki96. Were you able to find a solution for your problem? You see, I'd love to start translating a series of vn i really like; unfortunately though, almost of all them use the .ypf/.ybn format, which is preventing me from being able to read and translate the text. :/

Hello there,

Well someone contacted me that he would be able to write a tool specifically for the game I was talking about here. Try using AE VN Tools, if the game you'd like to translate is compatible, you'll be able to both unpack and repack it. The tool can recognize the format the game uses. If it fails you can simply open a topic here and people are most likely to help you. That's what the forums are here for after all =).

1 hour ago, Aki96 said:

Hello there,

Well someone contacted me that he would be able to write a tool specifically for the game I was talking about here. Try using AE VN Tools, if the game you'd like to translate is compatible, you'll be able to both unpack and repack it. The tool can recognize the format the game uses. If it fails you can simply open a topic here and people are most likely to help you. That's what the forums are here for after all =).

Thanks for replying to my post. Actually, I used already AE vn tools in order to extract the .ybn inside the .ypf files. The first 2 games I have in mind to translate use Yu-RIS v450 and v466 repectively. Problem is that I haven't found a way to successfully extract the text from inside the aforementioned .ybn files ( someone around 2014 made a tool which should unpack/pack them, but it doesn't seem to work for me).

30 minutes ago, きょうすけ said:

Thanks for replying to my post. Actually, I used already AE vn tools in order to extract the .ybn inside the .ypf files. The first 2 games I have in mind to translate use Yu-RIS v450 and v466 repectively. Problem is that I haven't found a way to successfully extract the text from inside the aforementioned .ybn files ( someone around 2014 made a tool which should unpack/pack them, but it doesn't seem to work for me).

Yep got stuck there too. This is the moment you need to ask someone to write a program that would extract the text from the .ybn files. You might try making a request maybe someone who has the necessary knowledge and will write something for you.

5 minutes ago, Aki96 said:

Yep got stuck there too. This is the moment you need to ask someone to write a program that would extract the text from the .ybn files. You might try making a request maybe someone who has the necessary knowledge and will write something for you.

Oh I see. Well, I'm out of luck for the time being then, at least until I can find someone willing to help me in this regard. Thanks for the help. :)