Anime Boston Mangagamer Speculation and Announcements Thread

VirginSmasher

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

I dont think Rance X will get localized when it has over 8mb of text, 240k lines

It definitely will, just clearly not before all those other games in the series that come before it. Ya can't scare real eroge fans like MG with some puny 8mb of text! Shame on you for trying tho.

Edited by novurdim

1 hour ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Maybe they can recruit whoever Xseed got to tackle translating TiTS SC :wahaha:

But didn't they refuse to translate the crossbell arc for having too much text? :(

Luckily we'll have the fan edited version of Zero in about 2020... and the rough version of AO in a few weeks or so (if nothing happens)

Edited by Stormwolf

I know that was a joke, but the people who helped XSEED translate SC are Carpe Fulgur, who have gone on record saying they will never be involved with 18-plus stuff.

And no, XSEED never refused to translate the Crossbell arc.  Falcom "asked" them to translate Cold Steel first (I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse, you know what I'm saying?) because in 2015 Cold Steel was only for PS3 and Vita - both systems that were dying rapidly.  Falcom was worried if they did Crossbell first, by the time they'd be ready for Cold Steel the market would have fallen out from under them.  It's all explained here: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/120804314195/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization

XSEED has said they want to do Crossbell, but it depends on how well the rest of the series does.  Yet every time they talk about the series it's always how much better than they expected it's doing.  And the series has been getting announcement after announcement.  Since 2015 we've gotten Sky SC.  CS1.  CS2.  Sky The Third. And ports of CS1 and 2.  Also, CS3 apparently won't make any sense if you haven't played Crossbell, meaning that CS3 and 4 sales will be hurt if Crossbell isn't out.  So I figure Crossbell's got a good chance of getting announced.

A lot of people have looked at the situation and drawn different conclusions.  It's all just speculation, so there's good reasons behind those opinions.  But none of those people speak for XSEED.  The fact of the matter is that as far as I know, the only thing XSEED has said is they want to do Crossbell but aren't sure it will be possible.

To get on topic, MangaGamer has never announced anything at Anime Boston but nukige or other minor things.  Big news always comes at bigger cons later in the season.

Maybe they will post announcements online once the presentation/question session is over. It's scheduled to 60 minutes, meaning it's only half way through by now. However I'm also watching some hashtags and nobody seem to be using those, meaning no leaks from the audience. Maybe they jam phones in the room, but why go to that extend to prevent leaks of an announcement?

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

We got Android VNs from Mangagamer now. That's pretty interesting, even though I'll never purchase anything like that.

Same here. It's either windows with a big screen or not worth it if you ask me. They did however mention that they haven't announced any actual VNs yet. That would explain the lack of tweets, though it would indicate that they have been talking about Android for half an hour. I hope the people present are more interested in Android than I am.

Just now, tymmur said:

I wouldn't call myself excited, but my first thought when I saw it was "I'm not sure about this one, but @milkteebaby will love it". At least I got that part right :D

haha, you know me too well. I'm just happy it's darker. Honestly, I did enjoy FLML, but the saccharine sweetness left a bad taste in my mouth when I played for too long :D 

The announcements are of higher quality than expected. An interesting return to Softhouse-Seal with Amatarasu Riddle Star. The sub-brand Seal-Quali only made this one title and then were immediately closed down again. Not exactly a sign of overwhelming success, even if Amatarasu Riddle Star doesn't look so bad for what it is. Doesn't seem to be a pure nukige and probably more an H-heavy moege, otherwise there wouldn't be an all ages version.

The description of the story in Steam Prison sounds interesting, though the question remains if it can deliver. Ozmafia also left a lot to be desired even if it had a certain charme.

Not sure what to think about the Kindred Spirits DLC...