Anime Boston Mangagamer Speculation and Announcements Thread

VirginSmasher

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

And yet, they still won't localize their most interesting VN, Sakura no Mori.

It seems like they are doing the localizations in roughly the same order that they released in in Japan, just with the exeption of Houkago ☆ Eroge Bu! which they seem to have skipped. If they follow this they will probably release Sakura no Mori after Love SweetsDemon BustersNatsu no Iro no Nostalgia and Ojou-sama to Himitsu no Otome. Maybe they skip some of the titles in between but I think atleast some will be localized before Sakura no Mori.

1 minute ago, bakauchuujin said:

It seems like they are doing the localizations in roughly the same order that they released in in Japan, just with the exeption of Houkago ☆ Eroge Bu! which they seem to have skipped. If they follow this they will probably release Sakura no Mori after Love SweetsDemon BustersNatsu no Iro no Nostalgia and Ojou-sama to Himitsu no Otome. Maybe they skip some of the titles in between but I think atleast some will be localized before Sakura no Mori.

Yes. Please plague the west with more moege before releasing your only interesting titles. :marie:

8 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

I want them to fucking finish releasing Higurashi's main chapters first.

They can do both. I doubt they would conflict in any way, as Higurashi is so close to being released and a translator could be hired without even having to touch Higurashi.

Considering what we have at last year Boston, maybe it would be fair to just expect that Mangagamer will announce nukige, and save their big announcement for AX/Otakon later. That said, since we have Trinoline announced at last year maybe we can expect another minori title (Trinoline announcement was already predicted back at AX 2016 though). Actually I'm pretty curious for the new partner here, but seeing that once again it's just smaller convention and Mangagamer tendency to have nukige producer as their partners, I wouldn't expect much here. I guess we better wait until Saturday if we want the answer.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Considering what we have at last year Boston, maybe it would be fair to just expect that Mangagamer will announce nukige, and save their big announcement for AX/Otakon later. That said, since we have Trinoline announced at last year maybe we can expect another minori title (Trinoline announcement was already predicted back at AX 2016 though). Actually I'm pretty curious for the new partner here, but seeing that once again it's just smaller convention and Mangagamer tendency to have nukige producer as their partners, I wouldn't expect much here. I guess we better wait until Saturday if we want the answer.

I'm pretty sure the panel is on Friday.

11 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I'm pretty sure the panel is on Friday.

I knew and the reason I said Saturday was because Boston announcement was at Saturday morning, at least in my timezone which is GMT +7. Besides I think there's many users here have the timezone was at the right side of GMT, and Boston was GMT -4 so I think Saturday is still correct although perhaps Friday would be more appropriate for GMT left side. So yeah what you say is also true as well.

Since I last posted, MG published the 2018 Licensing Survey Results. The Rance series stayed at the most popular choice. My guess would be Rance 1 remake, possibly even 1+2+3(all remakes). Sure there is a translation patch for the first Rance game, but it's for the 1989 version, which has issues on modern hardware. A proper release of the 2013 remake, which supposedly has 10 times the amount of text could be interesting. They do have Sengoku Rance and Rance Quest as unreleased, yet announced titles, but they are 100% and 80% translated respectively. The Rance translation team would have to have something to pick up next.

Alternatively since they work on Rance 7+8, 9 and 10 are candidates as well, though I hope for a proper release of the first in the series. There is an overall storyline and the VNs should be read in order. Particularly the 3rd is important for the overall storyline and the translation patch is for the old version, which is really buggy and nearly unplayably buggy due to new issues introduced when using new computers.

3 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

I dont think Rance X will get localized when it has over 8mb of text, 240k lines

Based on a recent discovery of new information, Rance X is unlikely to be announce before all the other Rance games have been released and sell well. If they announce that they won't translate it at all, it will once again be a candidate for a fan translation. I wouldn't be so quick to rule it out a VN, which has a score over 9 on VNDB and is from the most requested series.