KonoSora / IMHHW ReTranslation patch

Pabloc

Just now, phantomJS said:

Did you solve your problem then? :)

well, it still said those error during the installation but i run it anyway and it started, i still don't know if i'll run into problem come chapter 3 when the log said there was an error. 

2 minutes ago, Zeross said:

well, it still said those error during the installation but i run it anyway and it started, i still don't know if i'll run into problem come chapter 3 when the log said there was an error. 

I believe you may run into problems as mine patches fine and I finished the game with no errors.

Anyway, post back here if you run into any issues :)

Thank you so much for doing such hard work!! I already played the Moenovel version from steam, going through all the route and yes, there were a lot of mistranslations. That's why I really appreciate your work. I also wanted the uncensored version, so thank you so much for that too! Luv ya and I just wanted you to know that there are people out there that appreciate these kind of hard work! (I literally just made a new account for this website after finding this just to comment how grateful I am)

6 hours ago, phantomJS said:

I believe you may run into problems as mine patches fine and I finished the game with no errors.

Anyway, post back here if you run into any issues :)

just to let you know, i installed the game on my tablet because that's where i mostly play my VNs and this time i let steam do his first step setting and gone until i reached the config windows that ask me if i wanna start in windowed/fullscreen etc... then i closed it and applied the patch and all went ok this time without a single error message. 

i dunno if starting the game until the config window is the trick or if it was a random bug on my desktop computer, but everything should be fine for me now :) 

I think that during that first run Steam completes installation of the game - before that it might have been not completely installed, just downloaded, and that's why patching would give some error messages.

Edited by adamstan

9 hours ago, Zeross said:

i just purchased the steam version and applied the appropriate patch while selecting the folder of my steam installation (***/steamapps/common/if my heart had wings) and it seemed to patch correctly and at the end it said done. i opened the detail windows out of curiosity and found it registered 2 errors while patching : 

X2laMaE.png

should i worry about them ? i had it on a very fresh install didn't even start the game once (steam didn't do his "first time configuration" thing). 

i start the game and scrolled 4-5 lines and it seem to work fine but i don't want to it suddenly crash midway. 

also how can i be sure the patch is applied and i'm not reading moenovel version ? is there a definite early mark to it ? 

edit : i just realised steam have a "start the game" achievement that did not trigger when i started it, meaning the patch is probably installed ok

If the title screen doesn't show "If My Heart Had Wings" title on the top left you should be fine 

If the first line in the visual novel after clicking New Game is "Bicycle racing is known to be a tough sport." it is our version.

Don't worry if the Opening movie(s) show "If My Heart Had Wings", consider that a feature for using Steam version.

As long as you didn't attempt to use a previous Restoration Patch on Steam version before applying this ReTranslation patch you should be good.

48 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

If the title screen doesn't show "If My Heart Had Wings" title on the top left you should be fine 

If the first line in the visual novel after clicking New Game is "Bicycle racing is known to be a tough sport." it is our version.

Don't worry if the Opening movie(s) show "If My Heart Had Wings", consider that a feature for using Steam version.

As long as you didn't attempt to use a previous Restoration Patch on Steam version before applying this ReTranslation patch you should be good.

thanks for the answer :) it's all good and ready to be read then ! 

thanks everyone involved for all the work ! 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:34 AM, Pabloc said:

@jetpack003 I'll start from the last question - the biggest obstacle was... the VN itself. XD I quite enjoyed it and all, but normal, down-to-Earth charages aren't exactly my cup of tea. I like reading them once in a while, but that's not something I'd normally attempt to translate. But I wouldn't dare to practice on anything I consider great to begin with, so KonoSora was actually a perfect pick. Especially since I went into this project with the idea that fixing an existing translation would be significantly easier than working on something on my own from scratch (and I was so damn wrong...).

However, even if it was very far from a quick and easy practice I initially imagined, it was worth the effort in the end. My JP-reading speed significantly increased, I learned a lot about translating stuff in general, improved my English writing skills and such. And that was precisely my motivation - polishing my skills that is. There wasn't much else really (other than simply being stubborn). And since working on KonoSora served that one purpose just fine, I never fully gave up (even if I was briefly considering quitting it pretty much after finishing each route XD).

Apologies for the late reply and thanks for replying again.

I actually remembered that time when you just did the restoration patch for the H-scenes but I was surprised that you decided to translate the whole thing. I'm glad you did in the end since I saw how bad Moenovel's translation was so seeing a faithful translation is nice to have.

With that all said and done will you be translating anything else in the future?

17 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

With that all said and done will you be translating anything else in the future?

It's not really "in the future", since I already started working on something. It's a cute little RPG that's simply perfect for fans of lighthearted, vanilla stories where totally nothing bad happens to main characters. :D
No, of course it isn't. Playing it will result in severe emotional trauma. You have been warned. ^^

That aside, we are considering moving our main info/updates/feedback place somewhere else. Due to Fuwa anti-piracy rules this thread's usefulness is quite limited, since we can't ask for any files that we would need for further compatibility testing and the like. I'm not sure about discussing how to mess around with that Chinese DLC either. Actually, it's highly questionable if the patch itself should be even posted here to begin with... >_>
Anyway, don't be surprised if this thread gets abandoned/locked in the near future. I'll post links to a new place (Reddit?) in the OP if that happens.

Hi Everyone,
I've been hiding in the shadows for this patch to be released for quite some time, made an account to thank everyone for what they've done.

One note to mention on the patch; if you're playing the game on a tablet, make sure you're not installing the game to an SD card or anything not formatted NTFS.  Had issues with the patcher because of this; turns out one of the game files requires a certain property that exFAT doesn't support.  Installed game directly to internal storage, problem solved.

Thanks for all the hard work, Pabloc!  Good luck with your next project.

i came across several of those since the beginning of the game :

gQyI2Ig.jpg

those last word in the line were one letter is cut and is displayed on the second line (i know there is a proper english term for it but can't remember it). 

is there a way to fix them ? i tried the settings ingame but it don't do anything. i thought maybe that first config window that displayed when i first started the game could do something about it but i clicked the "don't show me again" and dunno how to bring it back. 

3 hours ago, Zeross said:

oh ok; should i note them when i see them or is it pointless as i'm at the very beginning and read slowly so i'll probably only reports those that were already found ?

Having multiple sets of eyes never hurts. I've gotten reports from over 4 people and almost all of them were from different spots

Just PM me.

The translation is pretty good. However, I can't help but feel that they should have probably made another QC pass (already found so many typos and missing words...). Then again, I'm not complaining (even though it does seem like it...).
I'm sure the team was already EXHAUSTED in regards to the translation, because of how long they were at it, and it's still 10100 times better then what MoeNovel tried to do with their localization.

So just wanted to say: congratz for finally wrapping this up, team. I'm already playing it.

8 minutes ago, Essenc said:

The translation is pretty good. However, I can't help but feel that they should have probably made another QC pass (already found so many typos and missing words...). Then again, I'm not complaining (even though it does seem like it...).
I'm sure the team was already EXHAUSTED in regards to the translation, because of how long they were at it, and it's still 10100 times better then what MoeNovel tried to do with their localization.

So just wanted to say: congratz for finally wrapping this up, team. I'm already playing it.

We plan on releasing a new patch that will take into account a lot of typos/line breaks people have found through either patch through reports sent to me.

15 hours ago, cutiemegane said:

Hello, I can't acess the mega.nz link. It's not available anymore.

y4mFHskAEYNg9Maw-F7stse_dv_aTIG2IvADCnkc

Yea, the patch has been taken down. Hopefully someone re-uploads it or they will release a new patch since they're still accepting reports of bugs and errors. If not, than you're out of luck. There are still other ways to get it but its not legal so I won't delve into it.

Edited by BobJones2

Link is dead because we decided that providing separate links to the files instead of a folder makes it more clear what is what. Please go here for future releases. This thread will not be updated.
Edit: of course you can always find the patches by pressing the link in my signature. But if you want to leave a comment, leave it on reddit as well.

Edited by メルP