KonoSora / IMHHW ReTranslation patch

Pabloc

11 minutes ago, garine said:

Yeah, because you thought I was wrong :makina: ...also look at the other pictures I posted.

Well, if you were saying that: moving the nose left and right was called pitching, then yeah, you were wong.

The thing is, your first picture was missing the lines about the lateral axis, which is kinda key in knowing what they were talking about.

In any case good job, if you or anyone else finds more of these typo's or mistakes please let us know so that we can fix them SoonTM. (looked at your other pictures, those are all obvious mistakes that will be fixed).

7 hours ago, garine said:

So, uh. You're trying to install the patch on already once patched version? I don't think that will work. The patch needs either clean Steam version or one of the japanese versions....and you should know which version you have (either it's from steam or you used the original japanese installer).

6 hours ago, メルP said:

It clearly says which versions are supported. If your version is not exactly that released at exactly that date it will not work.

If you are talking about patches on steam that come with a guide - those are fake, they use our (outdated) files without any clue about what are they doing and without permission. We are not interested in hearing anything about that because it only adds unnecessary confusion.
I have not read the rest of your post. If you have anything to say about our patches specifically please feel free to post again with unnecessary info excluded.

We have 2 patches, for JP version and for EN version.

Before installing patch for JP edition - install Japanese version from whatever physical DVD or from ISO image. Any other way is not supported and may result in issues.
Before installing patch for EN edition- remove any files you currently have and install the game from scratch, whatever from installer in case of the MangaGamer version or download from Steam.

If, after doing that, it will still say not supported, means whatever you still do something wrong or it is exactly that - not supported. That message is only displayed when it detects that something is clearly wrong with your game.

Ah, I see. Well, I'm an idiot. Just as I predicted. xD
Sorry for the crazy long post and all that unecessary information. What I meant to say is that, since I did not have to perform an installation of the game on my PC to get the game to work, I never really got to see what version of the game I was running. And I still do not know. How do you check what version you're running? Can you see this from the settings tab or something like that? Or can you only see it when you're installing the game? Because if that's the case, then I will never find out what version I'm using.

Did a little bit of research and I found the First Press Limited Edition of KonoSora, which is listed as one of the versions that is compatible with the patch. Gonna try and install the game and then apply the patch on my PC. If it works, I'll be really glad. If it doesn't... well, there's always the old version of KonoSora that I'm playing on my laptop.

"If you are talking about patches on steam that come with a guide - those are fake, they use our (outdated) files without any clue about what are they doing and without permission. We are not interested in hearing anything about that because it only adds unnecessary confusion."
Hmm. I do not know if they are fake (since a patch I downloaded from there did fix a tiny issue I had with the game), but they certainly were a pain to get them to install properly. Actually, scratch that-I didn't really get them to work at all. If it wasn't for that helpful fellow on Steam who gave me a coply of his entire game, I would still be stuck playing the bowdlerized and poorly translated version of it.

So, to sum it up... All I need to do is install the new version I have (the First Press Limited Edition) and then apply the retranslation patch (since the First Press Limited Edition is in Japanese, I must select the konosora_eng_patch.exe file) That's it. I don't need to apply any other patches. Right?

Sorry for being an utter noob, it's just that... I've wasted a lot of time trying to get that game to work, and I still find things that are not working the way they should. I just want to be sure that I'm doing everything the right way. :)

@maltron66 I don't think there's a way to tell whether you have moenovel (EN) or Pulltop (JPN) version, if it's already patched. But yea what you said is basically what you need to do. Well...either that or find clean steam version and install the bigger patch imhhw_retranslation_patch_v1.0.0.56.exe (download the .bin fine with same name in order for that to even work) in the folder with the game.

Edited by garine

10 minutes ago, maltron66 said:

So, to sum it up... All I need to do is install the new version I have (the First Press Limited Edition) and then apply the retranslation patch (since the First Press Limited Edition is in Japanese, I must select the konosora_eng_patch.exe file) That's it. I don't need to apply any other patches. Right?

That is correct. You only need to apply one patch from this thread, depending on whether you have English or Japanese VN edition.

P.S. Fake might be not a correct word but even taking the files from my older patch they failed to use them properly. For example NTLEA should not be required even with these outdated files yet without it their "guide" doesn't work. Not even mentioning how much garbage/useless files they are distributing.

Edited by メルP

Installed the new version, checked out if the game works and it kept crashing after 3 scenes. Ignored that problem, attempted to install the patch... and it was successfully installed. Not only that, but when I got to the point where the game would crash before installing the patch, the game didn't actually crash.

Conclusion: I'm not going to say that it works perfectly for me just yet, in case the game decides to crash on me later on, but for now... HELL YEAH! FINALLY! Thanks for the help, guys! And again, great job on the translation! That's some great amount of work you guys have put in. And I'm not talking just about the game itself. I'm currently checking out the TLNotes that you've made... and holy crap. To think that you'd even go as far as making something like this, 30 pages worth of notes that are not even part of the translation... wow. I applaud your hard work.

Now... all I have to do is figure out what's the deal with Sweet Love in this version of the game because I can't find the icon anywhere. But ths has nothing to do with this thread, so I won't be bugging you any further. Again, many thanks for your help! :)

@maltron66

I doubt it will crash. That is fine if unpatched version crashes. While it works fine for me, I remember someone said something like that. But as long as it works after patching, who cares, right?
Also Sweet Love is on the separate disc. If you have not installed it you have to do it and re-apply English patch on top.

Edited by メルP

6 minutes ago, メルP said:

@maltron66

I doubt it will crash. That is fine if unpatched version crashes. While it works fine for me, I remember someone said something like that. But as long as it works after patching, who cares, right?
Also Sweet Love is on the separate disc. If you have not installed it you have to do it and re-apply English patch on top.

Yep, I don't care if the unpatched version crashes. I just want the final product to work smoothly. And I just fixed Sweet Love. Thanks again. ;)

Edited by maltron66

@garine Damn, those typos survived a few spellchecks and tons of manual reviews. >_< Good job, and keep reporting whatever you find (or PM NowItsAngeTime, he visits Fuwa the most often), we'll be updating the patch at some point to fix everything.

@jetpack003 I'll start from the last question - the biggest obstacle was... the VN itself. XD I quite enjoyed it and all, but normal, down-to-Earth charages aren't exactly my cup of tea. I like reading them once in a while, but that's not something I'd normally attempt to translate. But I wouldn't dare to practice on anything I consider great to begin with, so KonoSora was actually a perfect pick. Especially since I went into this project with the idea that fixing an existing translation would be significantly easier than working on something on my own from scratch (and I was so damn wrong...).

However, even if it was very far from a quick and easy practice I initially imagined, it was worth the effort in the end. My JP-reading speed significantly increased, I learned a lot about translating stuff in general, improved my English writing skills and such. And that was precisely my motivation - polishing my skills that is. There wasn't much else really (other than simply being stubborn). And since working on KonoSora served that one purpose just fine, I never fully gave up (even if I was briefly considering quitting it pretty much after finishing each route XD).

@maltron66 Speaking of TL-notes - actually, I only wrote the 'Basics' part especially for them. The rest was something I researched and wrote down in the comments to our scripts while I was working on them. It was only meant to help with editing, nothing else. But since they took quite a bit of effort, just leaving them in the comments would be a waste. So I copypasted them into TL-notes. :P

Edited by Pabloc

4 minutes ago, garine said:

@Pabloc Oh I'm just sending whatever I notice when reading through routes to Avi8Tor for now. Also no, good job to you all who worked on the translation. This is much more readable than before :sachi:

Please send those reports to me. I'm on fuwanovel fairly often and plan on adding fixes to other typos someone else has been sending me so it would be good to get all reports to one person.

12 minutes ago, -Tomoya- said:

Another little report: there's no dialogue in a line in Amane's route,

Reveal hidden contents

about when Tobioka is trying to break the glider:

t7jz3p.png

Kotori's line says: それの、一体なにが不満なの?

Just curious did you install through JP or Steam patch?

Hi all, just made an account to post this.

I had been playing the Steam version of IMHHW quite happily before but it decided to lose all my saves (was only part way through the first route so meh) when it updated.  No biggie but then saw this patch.  I deleted and reinstalled to my usual location, patching with Sweet Love, and then trying to run the retranslation patch.  It didn't work.  Bit annoying.

Deleted the game and all files.  Reinstalled from Steam in the standard default location (Program Files (x86) location).  Installed the retranslation patch.  Opened it up. Save files magically reappeared and it says I have the Willplus/PULLTOP 2012 version now.  Not sure if that's the intention but if so, good stuff. 

Seems to be working but not sure if that means I now have the new translation from now on in my saved games or if I should start again (really can't be bothered reading it all again if it's only a few changes).  If so, think I'll leave the game on the C drive rather than moving it to the D drive with all my other games just in case I lose the saves again.

Should I now install the Sweet Love patches or leave them out?  Thanks for the patch and your hard work.  Not sure if any of what I've written will help anyone having problems but it worked for me after a few issues.

4 minutes ago, MantzyAUS said:

Hi all, just made an account to post this.

I had been playing the Steam version of IMHHW quite happily before but it decided to lose all my saves (was only part way through the first route so meh) when it updated.  No biggie but then saw this patch.  I deleted and reinstalled to my usual location, patching with Sweet Love, and then trying to run the retranslation patch.  It didn't work.  Bit annoying.

Deleted the game and all files.  Reinstalled from Steam in the standard default location (Program Files (x86) location).  Installed the retranslation patch.  Opened it up. Save files magically reappeared and it says I have the Willplus/PULLTOP 2012 version now.  Not sure if that's the intention but if so, good stuff. 

Seems to be working but not sure if that means I now have the new translation from now on in my saved games or if I should start again (really can't be bothered reading it all again if it's only a few changes).  If so, think I'll leave the game on the C drive rather than moving it to the D drive with all my other games just in case I lose the saves again.

Should I now install the Sweet Love patches or leave them out?  Thanks for the patch and your hard work.  Not sure if any of what I've written will help anyone having problems but it worked for me after a few issues.

Since this patch is adding in new files it's not possible to use the same saves you were using in the original pre-patch Steam version. The save folder for post-patch VN is in a completely different place than pre-patch Steam version.

You basically have 2 choices

1) Install new patch, use the Skip All Text/Ctrl to get back to where you were at Save wise

2) Continue reading the pre-new patch version.

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

5 hours ago, MantzyAUS said:

Not sure if that's the intention but if so, good stuff.

Not exactly intentional .More like we never bothered/saw the need to change that graphic to something else.

5 hours ago, MantzyAUS said:

Should I now install the Sweet Love patches or leave them out?

You should treat everything patches say literally. If they don't mention something means leave out.
The only thing that is apparently not very obvious: anything you may find in various steam guides or youtube videos should not be used. So far there are only 3 places to get genuine non-fake patches. This thread, my signature (which ultimately links to the same place) and AnimeBytes closed tracker.

Edited by メルP

On 27/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, NowItsAngeTime said:

Just curious did you install through JP or Steam patch?

Steam patch. There're also some typo errors but I've just finished all the routes and I've found only 5 or 6 of them. Congratulations for your hard work! Sadly, I didn't like this vn very much but oh well, at least I didn't have to read all these embarassing mistakes of MoeNovel's original translation. What a shame...

Edited by -Tomoya-

7 hours ago, -Tomoya- said:

Steam patch. There're also some typo errors but I've just finished all the routes and I've found only 5 or 6 of them. Congratulations for your hard work! Sadly, I didn't like this vn very much but oh well, at least I didn't have to read all these embarassing mistakes of MoeNovel's original translation. What a shame...

DId you happen to have a save or take a screenshot of any of those typos?

2 hours ago, skrewball717 said:

The typos were pretty early in the game where it's simply misspelling words on a keyboard, ie: gerat instead of great. I haven't run into any in the heroine's routes so I think they were all in the common route. I'll have to go back and check exactly where they were.

Whenever you can that'd be great. There are a handful of typo/grammar/line break reports I've gotten so far and I plan to fix em in one go when I can.