KonoSora / IMHHW ReTranslation patch

Pabloc

28 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

bought the vn today for this patch

It is somewhat sad that Moenovel gets money because other people have done their work for them. That being said I don't blame you for buying the steam version and using the patch since it is much cheaper than the japanese version. It just kind of feels a bit odd that Moenovel should get rewarded for other people fixing the VN they completely butchered.

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

It is somewhat sad that Moenovel gets money because other people have done their work for them. That being said I don't blame you for buying the steam version and using the patch since it is much cheaper than the japanese version. It just kind of feels a bit odd that Moenovel should get rewarded for other people fixing the VN they completely butchered.

yeah, that thought crossed my mind. i do hate HATE that they made money from this but yeah, felt this was the easier route.

2 hours ago, nyanzu said:

does it work if I have sweet love patch installed in?

Yes, it should work just fine. Sweet Love content should display properly, though it isn't translated (ugh, more vanilla H-scenes... that's a nope >_<).

And yeah, Steam achievements won't work. The patch simply changes too much stuff.

Nice, good work!

Now I can finally wash my eyes from the trash that is Moenovel's works and cleanse them with this pure, holy and faithful translation of Konosora.

Personally, I'm curious to hear how people managed to stay committed to this translation after all these years. But I guess you're tired and not bothered to answer right now, lol.

Anyways, kudos to finishing this work!

2 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

Personally, I'm curious to hear how people managed to stay committed to this translation after all these years.

Actually I was the only one form the original Restoration patch team who kept working on this all the time. Avi8Tor and MeruP joined a while after the old patch was released, and that's pretty much the core team. Others either came and went or joined for the final QC/testing a few months ago (well, it was almost a year ago actually...) - and Ange definitely did most of the work in that regard.

Personally, I managed to stay committed to it only because I'm stupidly stubborn and don't like leaving things unfinished. :P
In the end, this is the VN that got me into translating stuff (and that in turn significantly improved not only my Japanese, but also my writing skills), so I really wanted to see this project through. Well, I did take a few breaks due to insufficient motivation, but each time I somehow managed to come back to working on it.

Thank you all for a fantastic work.

I hope that one day some brave soul will also try to translate the DLC, but for now I'm exited that I can finally play the main content without cringing at the horrible "translation" Moenovel asked money for.

I tried to patch the Steam version with the exe file and bin file but when I tried to run the exe file, I got this error:

Capture.png

I've tried to put both files inside and outside the immhw directory but the error persists. I've even tried to run the /ncrc command but it still fails. Why?

Edited by wei123

4 hours ago, wei123 said:

I tried to patch the Steam version with the exe file and bin file but when I tried to run the exe file, I got this error:

Capture.png

I've tried to put both files inside and outside the immhw directory but the error persists. I've even tried to run the /ncrc command but it still fails. Why?

The files from the download are installers, by the way, you don't need to put them anywhere, just enter the correct path to the game while installing. From what I understand, the installer should work if the exe and the bin files are located in the same folder. Did you try to redownload the patch, by the way? In case that simply returning both files into the same folder and trying to launch the exe file doesn't work, of course.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Congrats on finishing!

Alas, I am also getting the same error as VirginSmasher.  I have the game that came in the Complete Box release.  I believed it to be the same as the regular release, although it may already include sweet love.  The icon is on the main screen anyway.  Has a copyright of 2012 on the box and DVD.

The install details show S1 OK, S2 and S3: No suitable patches were found, D1: OK, D2 and D3: No suitable Patches were found. D4:Unable to open source file.  

4 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

I'm going to assume you guys are in JP locale?

What Windows OS are you on?

What if you try opening up as Administrator for both patching and opening the VN?

And which version of Konosora do you have?

I'm running windows 8.1 in Japanese locale.

Running as admin didn't help.

I have the 2012 Japanese version of Konosora.