KonoSora / IMHHW ReTranslation patch

Pabloc

EDIT: Due to Fuwa anti-piracy rules this thread's usefulness was quite limited, since we couldn't ask for any files that we needed for further compatibility testing and the like. I'd say even posting direct links to our patch here was questionable to begin with, since it's not that different from the abovementioned files that we were asking for.

So in the end we decided to remove all links from here and move our main release thread to Reddit: LINK
That's where all further updates will be posted, so make sure to follow us there. I'll ask mods to lock this thread, since MeruP won't be checking it anyway, so all feedback should be posted on Reddit instead (we also have a dedicated thread for reporting bugs and other issues).

It's been quite a ride but it's nice to see this patch FINALLY released. I've been following the project ever since I found out the true full ReTranslation was just getting started after seeing people disappointed with the original Restoration patch (though mostly with Ageha's route). I've always really wanted to read this VN ever since I first found out about it (shortly after finding /r/vns) since it seemed the type of VN that was made for me. Many times I considered just reading the original Restoration patch but now I'm really glad I waited.

Being able to QC for a project like this was really fun, I enjoyed working with all the main members of the project team. Seeing them hiring for fan QC on Fuwanovel to seeing the invite to getting into the secret project chat were really exciting moments for me since Software QA is my full time position and I love visual novels so doing this for a VN I wanted to read made it a dream come true to be part of some sort of VN translation project.

A reason why I'm glad I waited is I was able to have fun reading this VN for the first time while also finding bugs and other TL/grammar issues to point out and see fixed shortly after. Sure the flow of my reading was broken whenever I found an issue to write up but I just found it all the more fun. While I was initially assigned to only QC Ageha's route, I'm glad I was eventually assigned to QC the whole thing because it felt more right to do so since I could find issues potentially consistent among other routes and I would be even more anxious to read the rest of the VN after only reading the common and Ageha route.

I learned a lot about how QC happens in TL scene and I'd honestly like to to be QC for some VN TL project in the future, fan or official. I feel like I should learn Japanese so I can be like a secondary editor when QCing in case I find a potential discrepancy in the text vs the voiced line. Konsora/IMHHW meeting my expectations as far as how much I liked the VN story/character wise was nice too.

In any case, I hope you guys enjoy this up to date patch whether you get the one for Steam/MoeNovel or the one for the Japanese version (I'm really glad we took the time to test and make sure both versions work). Just expect a comfy feel-good charage with bits of drama/development and not much in the way of deep plot.

Spoiler

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:reeee:

Edited by mitchhamilton

I am glad for never playing IMHHW before, because now I can finally read it as it was meant to be read :) ...

I applaud the efforts you have all poured into this and as someone who also wishes to fix Moenovel's mess, I can only look up to you guys.

What can I say more other than congratulations on seeing this through the end and surviving the tide ^_^ You already have my thanks, on top of many others who also cannot wait to either reread this VN, or like in my case, read it for the first time :) ...

One more thing...

1 hour ago, Pabloc said:

Well, that's about it. Time to move on and start translating something more interesting I guess. ^^

Are we to assume we should look forward to a hidden project as well? :D

I own the 2012 DL edition, (NSFW link!) and tested it just to see if it might work. It did not. The patch was installed successfully, but after launching the game, it just hangs on the loading screen, then eventually crashes.

(Just a heads up to anyone considering buying this version for the English patch. Don't! :P )

15 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I own the 2012 DL edition, (NSFW link!) and tested it just to see if it might work. It did not. The patch was installed successfully, but after launching the game, it just hangs on the loading screen, then eventually crashes.

(Just a heads up to anyone considering buying this version for the English patch. Don't! :P )

Hmm that's unfortunate. I basically only tested with 2012 Disc version. Seems weird that it doesnt work since the files SHOULD be the same.

I assume you're on JP locale? For DL version how does the installation process work? Do you have a screenshot of if hanging on loading screen and what the crash error looks like?

This have been my best day ever, not only can I play Detective Pikachu for 3DS a new Pokemon game but now I can final play KonoSora again:D

This day couldn't be better:D

Thank you for all your hardwork you did with this patch and you guys desevere a huge break now for to catch your breath:D

You guys are the best for making retranslation patch for KonoSora and complete it without give up on it:D

Just now, NowItsAngeTime said:

Hmm that's unfortunate. I basically only tested with 2012 Disc version. Seems weird that it doesnt work since the files SHOULD be the same.

I assume you're on JP locale? For DL version how does the installation process work? Do you have a screenshot of if hanging on loading screen and what the crash error looks like?

My whole computer is set to Japanese, so that is not the issue. :P

The DL version has DRM, so that could be the problem. There is also a chance some files are a little bit different between the two versions. There is no special error or anything; the game simply hangs, then eventually it just crashes if you leave it long enough. (As in, it just closes.) Like Pabloc said, there is a chance it won't work with other versions of the game. Seems like that is indeed the case.

First of all, thank you very much to all people involved with the patch! I guess, now I have another VN in my backlog. <_< Also, I can confirm that the patch works with the Steam version (which I own after one of the recent Humble Bundles).

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Now I wonder if the dlsite version works. From what I understand, DLsite doesn't use DRM, am I right?

Just now, Dreamysyu said:

Now I wonder if the dlsite version works. From what I understand, DLsite doesn't use DRM, am I right?

Ohh, they do. In fact, their DRM is even harsher than DMM's. Some games on DLsite have no DRM, but this particular one does. (You can check whether a game does or not on the game's store page.)

この作品は「シリアル番号発行型」の作品です。

^ This basically means "this game has DRM."

This is a fantastic accomplishment. Konosora fans have been eagerly awaiting this for years now! Thanks to everyone that put so much time and effort into this project! I don't suppose a Flight Diary translation will be a possibility in the future?

2 minutes ago, Hiashi said:

This is a fantastic accomplishment. Konosora fans have been eagerly awaiting this for years now! Thanks to everyone that put so much time and effort into this project! I don't suppose a Flight Diary translation will be a possibility in the future?

If someone starts a project for it Id love to QC for it

@Dergonu If something doesn't work, I always blame DRMs. ^^ Jokes aside, that's probably the case here. After all DRMs are kinda supposed to prevent you from messing around with stuff, and the patch does exactly that.

4 minutes ago, Hiashi said:

I don't suppose a Flight Diary translation will be a possibility in the future?

Yeah, I've had more than enough charages/moeges for now (read: forever) so that's a nope. And I already have something in mind...

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Are we to assume we should look forward to a hidden project as well? :D

Nah, it won't be anything hidden. But it won't be a VN either, so I probably won't post anything here - I'm planning to tackle one RPGMaker game that I found quite impressive and ULMF seems like a better forum for those. RPGMaker Trans seems noob-friendly enough, so I should be able to do the whole thing by myself.
If anyone's curious, I'm thinking of "涙声のギニヨル" (or "I am your Guignol" on DLSite EN). Not exactly for the faint of heart... but well, the fact that I like it should be enough of a warning. :P

Thanks for the awesome job!

This VN is highly recommended from me if you like a lighthearted story (that still has some drama). Music ranges from quirky to breathtaking....

Kotori best girl (though I like Yoru too).

Spoiler

This game also has some delicious loli H content too :makina:

7 minutes ago, Pabloc said:

Nah, it won't be anything hidden. But it won't be a VN either, so I probably won't post anything here - I'm planning to tackle one RPGMaker game that I found quite impressive and ULMF seems like a better forum for those. RPGMaker Trans seems noob-friendly enough, so I should be able to do the whole thing by myself.
If anyone's curious, I'm thinking of "涙声のギニヨル" (or "I am your Guignol" on DLSite EN). Not exactly for the faint of heart... but well, the fact that I like it should be enough of a warning. :P

As someone who also likes RPGMaker stuff, I wish you all the best :) Also, one of my friends is gonna be delighted to hear about it because he is tired of all those SakuraGame machine translations of RPGMaker games xD

Edited by Infernoplex

3 minutes ago, hinagiku said:

OMG! Thank you, thank you. I love you guys!!

Just a question, what do you think about Kotori original version? how much different was it? I'm wondering if i should re-read it with your new translation.

I personally never read the original Kotori route but people who read that far seemed fine with it in MoeNovel/Steam

Of course, obviously you'd want to re-read for the H-scenes if you haven't already. Especially since this patch makes it so you can view them on H-scene viewer list.

6 minutes ago, hinagiku said:

OMG! Thank you, thank you. I love you guys!!

Just a question, what do you think about Kotori original version? how much different was it? I'm wondering if i should re-read it with your new translation.

Haven't read the English version, but there are some examples of mess ups posted here.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

It is pretty much expected. But if you can send me this version maybe I can see what's going on.