Hey

MeguminBlast

Hey I'm MeguminBlast, I decided to join since I'm always lurking. I've been reading VNs since I was 12 (and accidentally played School Days when I was 9-10, but that's another story for anither day), and my favorites are Dies Irae, Grisaia, and Tsukihime. Currently, I'm reading Hatsukoi 1/1 and Paradise Lost and plan on reading Higurashi soon. Other than VNs I watch anime/read manga, browse Reddit, write crappy stories, use UTAU, or completely bomb at drawing. Also, I'm turning 18 this year and will be graduating this May. That's about all I have for an introduction.

54 minutes ago, MeguminBlast said:

accidentally played School Days when I was 9-10

54 minutes ago, MeguminBlast said:

Also, I'm turning 18 this year

If you turn 18 in in 2018, then age 9-10 would be 2009-2010. Back then the only releases were in Japanese or some Chinese translation patch. You must have been 12 when it came out in English. I get the feeling that you know kanji better than I do.

39 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

And wow, reading School Days while 10? This is pretty extreme. I hope you weren't traumatized. :D

I know just the guy to call to deal with that issue. Onizuka Eikichi seems eager to fight those dangerous tora-uma animals :wahaha:

4 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Hey, welcome! :mare:  I used to mess with UTAU a lot, but not so much lately. Did you have your own bank? :sachi: 

Yeah, but I gotta re-record him cause he's a CV bank and with all my procrastination (Been in the Utau fandom since summer 2015 hahah...)with him and looking at tutorials I wanted to make him a VCV. Also, thanks!

4 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

And, in the future, you should definetly tell us how you "accidentally" played School Days!

4 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

And wow, reading School Days while 10? This is pretty extreme. I hope you weren't traumatized. :D

3 hours ago, tymmur said:

If you turn 18 in in 2018, then age 9-10 would be 2009-2010. Back then the only releases were in Japanese or some Chinese translation patch. You must have been 12 when it came out in English. I get the feeling that you know kanji better than I do.

Well it basically happened like this. I've been watching anime since I was 7 (One day I cut on Naruto and it evolved from there), and when I turned 9 I began more and more series like Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Hellsing (2003). But then I found more...age-innappropriate series like Elfen Lied (which I ended reading the manga for around the same time), Narutaru, and Higurashi/Umineko. Higurashi I was really into because I love horror and Youtube introduced me through linking me the death scenes for some reason idk, and that led me to finding School Days through its ending. That made me assume it would be horror so I watched about 5 episodes before wanting to see more of these bad ends I found. 

Apparently, the last partial patch SP released was in Feb 2011 so I was still 10 around the time I played it (Birthday is in June). I found a download for it on Youtube, completely failed to install the patch (but I just wanted the bad ends so I didn't care that much), and began. I found a walkthrough for the 'Eternity' ending and followed that. Now at this point I saw how Wikipedia mentioned sex scenes, but I was a retarded child and assumed pixellation meant the sex was censored like on TV. So I 'played' (fast-forwarded), Makoto and Sekai banged liked monkeys and I was appaled, so appaled that I fast-forwarded cause I still had no clue what they were saying and I wanted my bad ending and no sex was gonna stop that, got my bad end, uninstalled, and never looked at it again till I turned 12 and HQ had been out for a while.

Other than that, I didn't look into VNs that much till I turned 12 and found Season of The Sakura, in fact the only VN I read before that (and after School Days) was Onikakushi-hen, but I never finished Watanagashi cause I wanted to read the PS2 ver. with the voices and cgs (even though I had no clue how to read JP).

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :mare:

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, MeguminBlast said:

Now at this point I saw how Wikipedia mentioned sex scenes, but I was a retarded child and assumed pixellation meant the sex was censored like on TV. So I 'played' (fast-forwarded), Makoto and Sekai banged liked monkeys and I was appaled

Perhaps very inappropriate, but I actually laughed at that one. It's one of the funniest introductions to VNs I have ever seen because it's all absurdly wrong, somewhat like reading MAD magazine. You also just proofed it didn't mess you up because considering you went into it to see people getting murdered, you seem to have been quite messed up already. We can see you haven't recovered at all because you actually went as far as to make an account here :gasp:

My prediction is that within a week nobody will view MeguminBlast as the new one because she will fit in completely with the rest of us.

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and quite surprising that you managed to play School Days when you was only at nine lol (I didn't even have computer back when I was nine yet). Not that it was wrong though if you just thought School Days as the horror VN, because that's what the anime famous for and I guess the School Days anime director want to make shock effect by only adapting the bad ending. I hope that you'll have fun here, and feel free to ask for VNs recommendations if you need it.

(School Days before puberty...god, that sounds awful and traumatizing. I played this when I was in college and it still disturbed the crap out of me. It actually turned me off playing VNs for a while because I couldn't stop thinking about it :/) 

Welcome to the forums and an early congrats on your graduation. :3 Being an adult kind of sucks, fyi.