Project Pastorate [Dark adventure in the land of crime and sin] DEMO INCLUDED

Britvak

Plakat23go_9393322_29723293.png

On December 31, 999 AD, the Pope Sylvester II, an infamous blasphemer, who received his post by beating the Devil at dice, solemnly celebrated the last Mass. The bell rhythmically tolled the last moments of mankind before the Judgment Day. “Our Father in heaven, save and protect us sinners from the infernal flames and the hellhounds that bared their fangs to tear our souls.” It didn’t help. The end of the world came right on schedule and showed no mercy.

Only a few fortunate managed to escape the cataclysm on a remote and unknown island. This community subsequently spawned the first Pastor, the hierarch under whose government the new state grew and flourished with time.

Eventually, new Pastors came, and with them changed the flock. Changed until the handmade paradise was stricken with the deafening thunderclap — a murder was committed. Then another one and another one… At that time arsons, cattle rustling and robberies began. Gradually, the darkness superseded the sunlight…

Lambs grew weary of being laid under a hatchet, so they cried and crawled to their Pastor, begging the Father to hurriedly deal with the flayers, restore order in the common house. Thus, the Devoters appeared, the hope and support of ordinary people, their defenders and protectors, making silver linings seen to the hearts tormented by injustices.

There is no cold fierce enough, no heat hot enough, no storm or hurricane deadly enough to stop the Devoters from fighting the wicked with seething zeal and ready swords. They live for the sake of their people. And for the sake of their people, they would die. This is their story, unveiled and unadorned, exactly as the Pastorate chroniclers told it over many generations.

Cih5NW2.gif

Howdy, dear ladies and gents. So, that's how it starts. How it ends will depend on your choices made during the game. As of now we're about 80% ready and plan to release the first episode in april.

YOU CAN ALREADY CHECK OUT THIS DEMO ON ITCH.IO

It's worth giving a shot I promise. 

Our TWITTER is out there too.

To cut is short: you serve in a special force service that resembles both FBI and Inquisition. You're given an elder partner who is really street-smart and has been doing these drug busts and crib raids for too long. Together you gotta figure out who offed the Prefect of the province and why they did it.

AxV8bBg.png

That's you - Leonard Pinterro

oJcbvjX.png

That's your partner - Vinnie Boyd

DFVst1.gif

That's what the gameplay actually looks like

Also we do have a battle system. It's done in the form of a card game.

Ga7rj2.gif

To reveal more info about the setting, the universe we decided to include the Velvet book which is the encyclopedia of the world. It encompasses most important concepts and notions.

d5tlVu.png

I would describe this game as a mix of The Wire + Training day + Mad Max + The Wicker man and maybe some "best" parts of GULAG.

Please stay tuned for updates and new info for Project Pastorate. Soon we will have other news.

Thank you very much for your attention, ladies and gents.

Pastor_ikona_s_cherepom_Z.png

ONE FAITH. ONE FAMILY. ONE FORCE. ALL HAIL PASTOR!

Edited by Britvak

Well, I tried to make it a bit eclectic, if you please. We have this slight slavic touch and kinda latino gangs presence. We have drug trade and this misterious "big brother" Pastor. Some kind of creepy sect feeling, you know. I'm simplifying but all of this is explained in the Velvet book.

This story might have a lot of potential for developing, I think. Basically, few people managed to survive the Apocalypse and found shelter on some distant island. And so the new community was born. What it's developed into further - here you got the whole lot of room for imagination. But of course it has to be well-thought and look trustworthy.

lYvi13png_3874838_29739098.png

Howdy dear ladies and gents. While we're working on the full game to list it asap, I thought that sharing some our pre-pro materials may be fun.

Few words about myself. I'm an author and have so far published 3 books, here in Russia. Being keen on history, I usually tend to draw my inspiration from the times long gone.  So this project was not an exception in this sense, only this time it's a game, not the book.

We started in February last year as soon as I had the script for the first Episode ready (it's supposed to be episodic project, although there is still a chance that we'll make one whole big 10+ hour game). Back then we didn't really have any visual or stylistic concept in mind. 

Gvardeecna_8753971_29739120.jpg

That's how the Guardsman looked at first. Well, I mean that's how the artist thought he looked. However I had a different vision. If I knew one thing for certain that was me not wanting your typical, trivial elf-knight-orc-dragon kinda stuff. That's too cliched at the moment, I think. What we needed was some fresh wind, the universe which could resonate in a new way (if that's possible at all).

LXnyM2jpg_9524937_29739110.jpg

That's what the Guardsman was transformed to.

6U061S2png_5083022_29739132.png

What do you guys think about this costume design?

Did you already try the DEMO?

Any feedback is really important to us)

Please stay tuned for future updates.

Edited by Britvak

• Britvak changed the title to Project Pastorate [Dark adventure in the land of crime and sin] DEMO INCLUDED

Ok, let's see where we went with that concept.

It turned out that we somehow came to decorating with that slight slavic touch. Once we had the quasi-gendarme ready, more or less we knew where to go. So, in future of course we will see more of that costume design. 

On the other side, our setting almost has no boundaries as the civilization could've headed basically in any direction after the Apocalypse. In this sense, our hands were untied and we could use some kind of eclectic decoration.

Figurasram_8184986_29757668.png

That's the "9th Mill" Gangbanger.

In short, this is a story about how a special task force (something between FBI and Inquisition) is fighting against crime and any ideological or religious sedition. It starts as a buddy-movie but then grows into something bigger and deeper. Gradually the Lore started to develop and to encase it we decided to introduce the Velvet book.

WP4Yvy.png

This vast encyclopedia encompasses all the main notions and concepts of the setting. It really helps understand this world a bit better, it helps to take a deeper dive in Project Pastorate. Of course main story is given out mostly in dialogue but this Book is important addition too.

Did you already try the DEMO?

Few more sketches for today and a bit of new info.

Since we have the special service here, we must develop some kind of uniform for these guys, right?

But first let's see what our main protagonist looked like at the beginning.

1521627058151250869.jpg

These were the first sketches that the artist had shown to me. As you can see we went on with the first variant.

152162730619055835.jpg

This is what Vinnie Boyd - his senior partner - looked like initially. He was read but then turned gray (due to his job probably)

The Devoters have ranks and according to these ranks their uniform differs too.

1521627372160991495.png

You can see 3 stripes on his left shoulder. Each rank has different marking. 

18png_7291863_29788182.png

Lenny, being the Acolyte at first, has his own collar gem. Later on, as he works his way up the hierarchy, his outfit will change.

Narukavniy_1137463_29788404.jpg

Edited by Britvak

1uGExU.png

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

WE GOT THE STEAM PAGE ROLLING!

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND ADD THE GAME TO YOUR WISH LIST.

THANX GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOU'VE BEEN GREAT. BUT WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE FULL EPISODE)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/811290/Project_Pastorate/

Edited by Britvak

1-ubps97x6.gif

"Phlox Slums, the vilest place in the entire League. Even rats refuse to die here, spreading far away as a thick gray mass. Nauseating stench grimly creeps from the backstreets; rarely do the deeply lined faces of the natives appear in the dim-lit windows. Somewhere in the distance, an old mongrel is straining a lingering howl out of hunger or the continuous beating. After a moment, a mutilated figure appears out of the shadows walking sluggishly, ringworm covering him from head to toe like a shroud. The prowler briefly stares at the Devoters with indifferent eyes and fades into the darkness."

STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/811290/Project_Pastorate/

DEMO: https://psyrob.itch.io/project-pastorate

FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectPastorate/

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Psy_Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Now, it's time to meet the protagonist. Does he remind you of anyone?

9FVsvI5.jpg

DEMO: https://psyrob.itch.io/project-pastorate

FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectPastorate/

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Psy_Rob

Edited by Britvak

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Gluma said:

Hey guys! I read your interview on dtf.ru not too long ago, didn't expect to find you here. Would def play your game at some point, this weekend maybe, and congrats on release

How well is it doing so far?

Howdy! Thanx a lot for getting prepared to dive deep ) 

Well, we are bringing some attention to the game wherever we can. Got some sales already too. Hopefully, players will like it or at least tell us why they don't.

You've been following the game lately, it seems?

17 minutes ago, Britvak said:

Howdy! Thanx a lot for getting prepared to dive deep ) 

Well, we are bringing some attention to the game wherever we can. Got some sales already too. Hopefully, players will like it or at least tell us why they don't.

You've been following the game lately, it seems?

Can't say I have, my programmer teammate showed me you interview when we were having trouble with setting up a general plot. Afaik on that very evening I came up with a story branching device that made me satisfied with the plot for the first time, so one could say you directly helped us.

32 minutes ago, Gluma said:

Can't say I have, my programmer teammate showed me you interview when we were having trouble with setting up a general plot. Afaik on that very evening I came up with a story branching device that made me satisfied with the plot for the first time, so one could say you directly helped us.

DTF translates interviews? Or you're russian? I'm really glad to help, although don't really understand how I helped, but if it worked then it's good enough for me )

You're making a game too?

Just now, Britvak said:

DTF translates interviews? Or you're russian? I'm really glad to help, although don't really understand how I helped, but if it worked then it's good enough for me )

You're making a game too?

Yeah, Im Russian too, thought it would be more appropriate to use English here

The help was mostly motivational in nature, but its still help nevertheless

Yeah im making a visual novel and its in the early stage of production, I  posted a thread in creative corner just today if you wonder

Today I'd like to show the evolution of Pin, the character you may already know. He features 3 different poses as well as 3 different outfits in the game.
Actually, not a bad guy when you get to know him.

Demo: https://psyrob.itch.io/project-pastorate-ep1